The next release of the Tomenosuke Blaster from Blade Runner

I have a "post-Worldcon" resin/metal Coyle from 6-7 years ago with the wires protruding etc. How would this Tomenosuke compare regarding accuracy? I would only want one in my collection, so would it be worth selling the Coyle and upgrading to this Tonenosuke?

I think it's great they keep offering it, but it's down to minor tweaks.
I was hoping for an all metal version for America. Oh well.

Was thinking of assembled Coyles which go for three times that. He has a ghost version that looks amazing that's even more (assembled). Not saying they aren't worth it. Just wishing I had a few extra kidneys to get every iteration of this blaster (newest tomenosuke included). Gotta catch 'em all.

And despite being together only a few days I've already had someone indeed offer me $1400USD for it. Not a chance, I'm keeping this bad boy.

I have a "post-Worldcon" resin/metal Coyle from 6-7 years ago with the wires protruding etc. How would this Tomenosuke compare regarding accuracy? I would only want one in my collection, so would it be worth selling the Coyle and upgrading to this Tonenosuke?

I would keep your Coyle. Rich has put so much work into that thing. It's kind of an important piece in the history of blaster replicas IMO and they won't be around forever. I say get a Coyle, Sid, & a Tomen. Or Two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else in Canada have no issues? import fees? Duty?

I successfully imported a Tomenosuke into Canada a few years ago. I did, however, have to go to a Customs office in person to explain what exactly it was, and to promise that I wouldn't "go waving it around in the streets" (yes, I actually had to say this). And yes, I had to pay duty. Ultimately you shouldn't have any problems as it's not a replica of an existing real-world firearm, it can't be made to fire, and the dummy rounds it comes with a legal here too.

Hollywood Collectibles Group will be the worldwide retailer.
This edition is being organized by Hollywood Collectibles Group in Orlando and this HCG Exlclusive "Blued" Edition will only have 150 pieces on the earth and no more.
More details in this article:
http://tenshu53.exblog.jp/22747744/

Sorry, might have missed this but will this be offered as a kit (with the blued receiver), or just the completed blaster?

Cheers,
T.

Sorry, might have missed this but will this be offered as a kit (with the blued receiver), or just the completed blaster?

Cheers,
T.
So far I am only aware of the 150 complete pieces we are offering. But that is not saying a kit won't pop up some day.
Perhaps staermose can better answer that as he would be one of the first to know, as he has been doing the packaging artwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if/when a new run of assembly kits are released, the receiver will not be finished. All the previous kits have had raw parts.

Well I'm in. Out of my BR collection my Tomenosuke is my least fav (as awesome as it is) due to the mat black finish.

DD433DC9-B23F-418B-A7EC-D78AAB6D36AD.jpg

When I saw the custom blued finish a few months ago I was in awe but didn't think I'd ever get one due to cost. But this offering is awesome. I'll sell the mat black now that this is available.

Thanks HCG for making this happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't mention steel anywhere...

I too have the matte version. But I'm leary of selling just because with this new one, you don't know what you're gonna get until it is in hand.

I say "blued finishl", as in the blued barrel/receiver. People refer to blued barrel on guns as "blued steel". But I don't want to confuse anyone so please read the following:

To make sure everything is perfectly clear on what exactly you get on this gun,
Please read the following:

"This HCG Exclusive version features a never before seen authentic gun blued finish to the upper receiver, capturing exactly how the blaster would have looked when first manufactured!

This replica, as with the earlier Tomenosuke PRO Blaster, has been further improved and made more accurate in the following areas

-The grip color is correct and the grip frame is perfected
-The grip end plate is now the correct shape.
-The receiver shape is improved.
-The safety area has been made accurate and the gap between the bolt sleeve and receiver has been eliminated.
-The laser has been moved closer to the receiver.
The front trigger blade shape is completely redone.
-Improved switch cover shape
-Offered as a fully assembled, finished replica

These detailed improvements and the authentic gun blued finish make this the most accurate version of this blaster ever offered!"

Last edited:
I say "blued steel", as in the blued barrel/receiver. People refer to blued barrel on guns as "blued steel". But I don't want to confuse anyone so please read the following:

To make sure everything is perfectly clear on what exactly you get on this gun,
Please read the following:

"This HCG Exclusive version features a never before seen authentic gun blued finish to the upper receiver, capturing exactly how the blaster would have looked when first manufactured!

This replica, as with the earlier Tomenosuke PRO Blaster, has been further improved and made more accurate in the following areas

-The grip color is correct and the grip frame is perfected
-The grip end plate is now the correct shape.
-The receiver shape is improved.
-The safety area has been made accurate and the gap between the bolt sleeve and receiver has been eliminated.
-The laser has been moved closer to the receiver.
The front trigger blade shape is completely redone.
-Improved switch cover shape
-Offered as a fully assembled, finished replica

These detailed improvements and the authentic gun blued finish make this the most accurate version of this blaster ever offered!"

The only way this could ever sound sweeter is if you sung it to us! ;-)

TMax, your collection always makes me goggle-eyed. Is your Ghost a Coyle or a Sid? It's just stunning.

Cheers mate. I have to admit, I still goggle-eye at it myself regularly! I feel very privileged to have the collection I do. And the beauty of owning a video/film production company is that it's all paid for by my business! Whoop, whoop!

Top right is a Coyle (2015), bottom right is a Sid. As for the "ghost", it's a Tomenosuke kit that I polished and assembled...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251983&highlight=tomenosuke+ghost

Enjoy! :)

It says gun blued upper receiver but doesn't say anything about the barrel. Don't Tomenosuke's normally come from Japan with non-metal barrels or does this not apply to HCG exclusive versions?

Cheers mate. I have to admit, I still goggle-eye at it myself regularly! I feel very privileged to have the collection I do. And the beauty of owning a video/film production company is that it's all paid for by my business! Whoop, whoop!

Top right is a Coyle (2015), bottom right is a Sid. As for the "ghost", it's a Tomenosuke kit that I polished and assembled...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251983&highlight=tomenosuke+ghost

Enjoy! :)

I echo veektohr's sentiment tmax. Impressive. For a novice such as myself, what are the other versions and their place in your photo?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back