The mask

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Mxlplx, May 3, 2006.

1. Mxlplx

Mxlplx Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

OK, so I've been wanting a good mask for a long time, and decided to search for one again. I look on ebay, see a few versions, but am now confused. I see the fan made ones that vary in detail, and then I see this official $6.00 licensed, 4lb. cement version. What the hell? Is there 2 versions? Or is the new version the one from that hieous Son of the mask? Someone in the know, help me out.

2. tk5378

tk5378 Well-Known Member

Don't know about the others, but I have a Haunted Studios mask and it is very nice. Compared to screen caps, it looks to be the real deal. I'm not expert though. A little pricey for plaster, but it comes well painted and looks great on my wall.

3. Cptnchaos

Cptnchaos Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tk5378 @ May 3 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1237801[/snapback]</div>

How much was it?? I am looking for one as well.

Thanks..

Damian

4. Mxlplx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tk5378 @ May 3 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1237801[/snapback]</div>

That's the one. Wasn't sure about it. So you are happy? Can you post pics/comparison? Thanks, Jon.

5. lmgill

lmgill Sr Member

I have a real mask from the film. Post a picture and I'll tellyou which one is the best.

6. dkwd

dkwd Well-Known Member

Which official $6 4lb one?

David

7. lmgill

lmgill Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dualedge @ May 5 2006, 05:50 AM) [snapback]1238832[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'>
    This one is offered by Haunted Studios... These two are among those that are perpetually offered on ebay for cheap... I have no idea if these are just fan sculpts, cast from originals or whatever but they are always on ebay and always pretty cheap though I suspect likely not the highest quality.
    [attachmentid=7902]
    Maybe better. Hard to tell from this picture. Paint too glossy, nasal painted wrong.

8. Cptnchaos

Cptnchaos Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dualedge @ May 5 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1239093[/snapback]</div>
    Visually I like this one the best? Who made it? Where can I find one??

Damian

9. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have an original casting from original molds but my "Mask" is missing the center "L" detail on the forhead,
    on the original there was a "Coin" that had the detail you see with the "L" many second generation castings
    have these permanently cast in the Mask.

That last Photo looks very nice though, it's a very clean casting. :)

10. lmgill

lmgill Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dualedge @ May 5 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1239093[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, this one is better. Nasal is still painted wrong. It should be a faux aged bronze (Grayish blue/green). Yes, all of these where taken from an early mask or, a pull from the original mold after the filming, without the added "coin" raised "L".

11. Mxlplx

OK, now the big question, where do I get one of these good ones?