The mask

Mxlplx

Sr Member
OK, so I've been wanting a good mask for a long time, and decided to search for one again. I look on ebay, see a few versions, but am now confused. I see the fan made ones that vary in detail, and then I see this official $6.00 licensed, 4lb. cement version. What the hell? Is there 2 versions? Or is the new version the one from that hieous Son of the mask? Someone in the know, help me out.

Don't know about the others, but I have a Haunted Studios mask and it is very nice. Compared to screen caps, it looks to be the real deal. I'm not expert though. A little pricey for plaster, but it comes well painted and looks great on my wall.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tk5378 @ May 3 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1237801[/snapback]</div>
Don't know about the others, but I have a Haunted Studios mask and it is very nice. Compared to screen caps, it looks to be the real deal. I'm not expert though. A little pricey for plaster, but it comes well painted and looks great on my wall.
[/b]

How much was it?? I am looking for one as well.

Thanks..

Damian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tk5378 @ May 3 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1237801[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

That's the one. Wasn't sure about it. So you are happy? Can you post pics/comparison? Thanks, Jon.

I have a real mask from the film. Post a picture and I'll tellyou which one is the best.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dualedge @ May 5 2006, 05:50 AM) [snapback]1238832[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'>
This one is offered by Haunted Studios... These two are among those that are perpetually offered on ebay for cheap... I have no idea if these are just fan sculpts, cast from originals or whatever but they are always on ebay and always pretty cheap though I suspect likely not the highest quality.
[attachmentid=7902]
Maybe better. Hard to tell from this picture. Paint too glossy, nasal painted wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dualedge @ May 5 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1239093[/snapback]</div>
Yeah, that's about what I suspected...

I found this pic - I'm just guessing but this seems like this might be better quality though I'm in no position to judge the accuracy. It doesn't look as obviously degraded in the details as those on ebay... how does this one hold up?
[/b]

Visually I like this one the best? Who made it? Where can I find one??

Damian

I have an original casting from original molds but my "Mask" is missing the center "L" detail on the forhead,
on the original there was a "Coin" that had the detail you see with the "L" many second generation castings
have these permanently cast in the Mask.

That last Photo looks very nice though, it's a very clean casting. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dualedge @ May 5 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1239093[/snapback]</div>
Yeah, that's about what I suspected...

I found this pic - I'm just guessing but this seems like this might be better quality though I'm in no position to judge the accuracy. It doesn't look as obviously degraded in the details as those on ebay... how does this one hold up?
[/b]
Yes, this one is better. Nasal is still painted wrong. It should be a faux aged bronze (Grayish blue/green). Yes, all of these where taken from an early mask or, a pull from the original mold after the filming, without the added "coin" raised "L".

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back