The Martian NASA Sweatshirt

Jockey

After the exitement of the new The Martian trailers I figured I start with a very simple build. I wanna make the NASA Sweatshirt as worn by Kate Mara in one of the new stills. The small NASA logo I've found but finding a plain white sweatshirt with a similair faux V neck proves to be tricky.. Anybody know the name of this design of neck?

Thanks!

CG6eVf7WgAIQFAN.png

I think it's just a "V-stitch" or "double v-stitching" on a standard crew neck sweater, like this one from Haynes (I think)
2351.jpg

HI,
Jockey: Did you since find a suitable sweater to make your NASA one?
I found some with very similar design, but either the wrong colour or something already printed on it...

Greetings,
Marius

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the NASA 'meatball' on that sweater is embroidered, which is pretty common.
If you found the right type of sweater, these folks already have that insignia re-loaded into their machines and can, for the most part, make any size you want: http://www.spaceshirts.com/ecommerce/custom-apparel.py I've used them in the past and they do really good work.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back