The Man from UNCLE replica pistol

Man those ads for RMI as well as this Thread, bring back so many great memories, thanks for posting them!

As fate would have it, I met and got to know the daughter of the owner of CA and RMI many years later as she hung out at a bar I used to frequent.

I will vouch for the amazing research and quality of Ed-209's work. I thought I knew
a lot about the Gun from U.N.C.L.E.. After buying the CDs a while back I was duly
educated.

Thanks! I originally was only gathering information for myself but, somehow, it turned into a book!!! If I remember correctly, It took about 2 years to gather and format everything. --Ed

First grip finished. 3 more to go!!! --Ed
78 (1).jpg
78 (2).jpg
78 (3).jpg

Little more work on the grips.
I had to build up the rear inside part to build up the section to hold the brass screw grip escutcheon.
A quick spray shows up areas that need a bit more sanding so...more filling and sanding until they start looking better.
Walter's UNCLE Gun (81).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Gun (82).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Gun (83).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Gun (84).jpg

Many years ago, I lucked out and connected with a prop man named Heilman (john I think).
He sold me two pairs of resin grips for the U.N.C.L.E. original screen used pistols. I had to
modify my real P38s to use them. The grips were also painted flat black and looked great.

I agree... the older I get, the more I realize that you get out of it, exactly what you put into it. Right? Keep up the great work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back