The Man from UNCLE replica pistol

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Man those ads for RMI as well as this Thread, bring back so many great memories, thanks for posting them!

As fate would have it, I met and got to know the daughter of the owner of CA and RMI many years later as she hung out at a bar I used to frequent.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

terryhimself

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I will vouch for the amazing research and quality of Ed-209's work. I thought I knew
a lot about the Gun from U.N.C.L.E.. After buying the CDs a while back I was duly
educated.

ed-209

Sr Member
Thanks! I originally was only gathering information for myself but, somehow, it turned into a book!!! If I remember correctly, It took about 2 years to gather and format everything. --Ed

ed-209

Sr Member
First grip finished. 3 more to go!!! --Ed
78 (1).jpg
78 (2).jpg
78 (3).jpg

ed-209

Sr Member
Little more work on the grips.
I had to build up the rear inside part to build up the section to hold the brass screw grip escutcheon.
A quick spray shows up areas that need a bit more sanding so...more filling and sanding until they start looking better.
Walter's UNCLE Gun (81).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Gun (82).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Gun (83).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Gun (84).jpg

terryhimself

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Many years ago, I lucked out and connected with a prop man named Heilman (john I think).
He sold me two pairs of resin grips for the U.N.C.L.E. original screen used pistols. I had to
modify my real P38s to use them. The grips were also painted flat black and looked great.

ed-209

Sr Member
That would be Dave Heilman. t the time, only resin grips were available. I connected with a friend (not Brad Ferguson) who offered metal CNC'd aluminum grips and accessories. If you ever consider an upgrade, let me know.
186450520_1186853821752617_6421661491855800759_n.jpg
--Ed

JamesM242

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I agree... the older I get, the more I realize that you get out of it, exactly what you put into it. Right? Keep up the great work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.