The Man from UNCLE replica pistol

Little off topic but thought you might enjoy seeing these photos. I was commissioned to take one of the anodized aluminum part sets and remove the finish and polish them to a chrome-like finish. Eventually, he hopes to add these parts to a chromed Walther P-38. --Ed
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (33).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (34).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (35).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (36).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (37).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (38).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (38).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (39).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (40).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (41).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (42).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (42).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (43).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (44).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (44).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (45).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (46).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (47).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (47).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (48).jpg
MFU_Replica Replacement Parts (49).jpg

The takedown lever was badly damaged and broken into halves. Once in place it needs to be rotated to lock in the barrel.
Because of that, there really wasn't anything I could do to piece it back together as it was so small.

I did however use Milliput to cover the cracks on the surface. Once dry, I carved back in the serrated detail. Mr. Surfacer was then applied and sanded smooth.

I actually had to do that a few times. Finally, I coated the surface with super glue and let it dry then painted it.

I was able to fit it into the two halves into the hole so it would lock the barrel in place and glued it in place.

It is sturdy enough now that it won't fall out as the frame and barrel are holding it in place.
Walter's UNCLE Guns (90).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Guns (92).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Guns (93).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Guns (96).jpg
walter's uncle guns (97).jpg

Little off topic but thought you might enjoy seeing these photos. I was commissioned to take one of the anodized aluminum part sets and remove the finish and polish them to a chrome-like finish. Eventually, he hopes to add these parts to a chromed Walther P-38.
View attachment 1482827
You say "one of the anodised aluminum part sets". I have never seen these available. Where / when were they made?

PROJECT: FINISHED

Complete restoration of the MGC / RMI 'Man from U.N.C.L.E. Pistol / Carbine Special.

I hope you guys enjoyed following the progress that took it from a very abused replica model to a newly restored like-new condition model of the firearms used by our favorite agents, Napoleon & Illya.

Should anyone need to have their replica models restored or have any questions, please drop me a line.
'Channel D, out'
Ed
Walter's UNCLE Guns (114).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Guns (115).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Guns (117).jpg
Walter's UNCLE Guns (118).jpg

That's a shame. If you were missing the scope, you could substitute a real Bushnell scope. The mount, however is a different story. I don't have the machinery to duplicate the part. Sorry. --Ed

Yes, I have an actual scope. do you have some great pics and measurements of the mount? I could 3D print one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back