The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

I have the size already now it is for a one inch strap and as soon as I get them I will be cleaning them up so they’re not sharp and be sending a few sets to Jameel to see if the work for the bags :)
I finally got back from the guy who does the movement holders. Unfortunately, it'll cost $100 for the drafting and 3D printing for 1 holder. But, might have to be the route we take. I'll send the case+caseback+dial+movement+stem to him so he can draft up the movement holder and 3D print it.
It'll only cost a little for the extra prints.

BUT

Realizing if I do this, we wont have a movement holder for the 40 mm, just the 38mm - :(

I finally got back from the guy who does the movement holders. Unfortunately, it'll cost $100 for the drafting and 3D printing for 1 holder. But, might have to be the route we take. I'll send the case+caseback+dial+movement+stem to him so he can draft up the movement holder and 3D print it.

BUT

Realizing if I do this, we wont have a movement holder for the 40 mm, just the 38mm - :(
If you get them made I would definitely take a couple! Depending on how complex they are I may be able to mold them and make them if I had one!

BUT

I'll be sad, but I'll live

I bought 4 x Timex Weekender 38mm to work on, plus 10 x 32mm x 1.3 mm mineral glass replacements to work on.

Still waiting for confirmation on the movement holder, but we’re almost there.

Still waiting on confirmations to order additional etched watch dials though.

Will keep you posted.

For the cracked watch, has anyone tried cutting it out in while vinyl on a Cricut? Or if breaking the crystal, doing it underwater to control where the shards go?

For the cracked watch, has anyone tried cutting it out in while vinyl on a Cricut? Or if breaking the crystal, doing it underwater to control where the shards go?
Hmm didn't think of the water thing, but I feel that that could also make it difficult to see where the shards are - just got to be careful.
I found a vendor that has 1.3mmx32mm diameter mineral glass crystals, but they ended up reaching out to me to tell me they dont have any in stock actually lol.

So I'd love to figure out a solution. I'll keep you posted though! A few peeps on here are working on their watches, so we wait with bated breath for their reveals!

Hmm didn't think of the water thing, but I feel that that could also make it difficult to see where the shards are - just got to be careful.
I found a vendor that has 1.3mmx32mm diameter mineral glass crystals, but they ended up reaching out to me to tell me they dont have any in stock actually lol.

So I'd love to figure out a solution. I'll keep you posted though! A few peeps on here are working on their watches, so we wait with bated breath for their reveals!
Btw, I would suggest to anyone trying to do the mineral glass cracks etc on actual mineral glass, to break down the watch to just the watch case and the glass in place in the case, then do as you wish to get the desired cracking etc. Then carely reassemble the watch back together.

Certain this will be of interest to some members here:

Certain this will be of interest to some members here:
What's crazy is, like why can't they make the case in the same silver color and the metal on the nato strap. It's like 99% there lol.

It seems like it’s accurate to the game as opposed to the show.

The one in the game seems to be the same black/gunmetal color that distressed to silver. The one in the show is just silver from the get go I suppose.

DEE02D39-D684-4DFB-90D9-93F5B1AE1155.png

Just got 4 Weekenders (38mm) and their straps.
Still trying to source the movement holders, but we’re almost there!! My contact went cold (no response in over 2 weeks).

Now I’m waiting for 10 mineral glasses to come in, so I can experiment on doing the cracks, and waiting on word from the laser etching company on their success to get the dial to .4mm.

Got the crowns, got the hands, got the movements!

We’re 75% there in total.

Right now, I have one that is used for experiments, and then 2 of these will be post-birthday versions, and 2 birthday versions.

If you guys want in on these, I might start selling them, depending on how well they turn out!

[B]Jameel Ur[/B] how is your backpack project coming along?

Hey,
I was been busy moving my workshop/ unit.
I received the pin buckle( leather belt buckles) from China and "ClockWorkProps" working on adjustable buckle.
There are few small changes that I have to do and add pin buckle in sample, I'll complete it till the weekend.
I'll post you updates soon.

Thanks.

Movement holder contact got back to me. Sent case+movement etc to him!

Now it's just a matter of him printing out the movement holders etc.

Dial contact was able to use the laser etching to make the dials at the 32mm sizing, and also, used the laser etching on the other side to get it down to .40 mm! Now it'll pair perfectly with the holder/movement.

Just waiting for everything to get fabricated!

Will keep you all posted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back