The Key To Hamunaptra 3d files?

MTB

Sr Member
Anyone have or know of a shared file for the key? I would like to print one but I can't find a working link anymore.

Thanks for the help.

I plan to offer a kit from Shapeways. I'm just ironing out the last details of the locking mechanism.
It'll be a fully functional key kit, once you get the key from Shapeways and the spring kit from me.

I'm not aware of anyone other than myself that's created a 3D file of it.

Please, please keep me in mind, Jintosh. I will definitely buy one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please, please keep me in mind, Jintosh. I will definitely buy one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. :)

The plan is to have the entire key 3D printable including the locking mechanism. The only thing you'll need to add is the springs to flip open the flaps.

I plan to offer a kit from Shapeways. I'm just ironing out the last details of the locking mechanism.
It'll be a fully functional key kit, once you get the key from Shapeways and the spring kit from me.

I'm not aware of anyone other than myself that's created a 3D file of it.

Are you planning on having the locking mechanism work exactly how it did in the film? If so I'd love to hear how you plan on implementing it. I once toyed around with some personal theories with how they must have done it but I never found anything I liked.

Are you planning on having the locking mechanism work exactly how it did in the film? If so I'd love to hear how you plan on implementing it. I once toyed around with some personal theories with how they must have done it but I never found anything I liked.

This is my own design, to the max. I had to really dumb it down to make it 3D printable. So, the mechanism may not be as SMOOTH as Jaded Monk's design, but his design was very complex. I wanted this to be a design that anyone with a little dexterity could assemble themselves.

The key will be in 2 printed pieces (top and bottom) that will link together and the bottom will rotate to unlock the Master flap. The Master flap holds all the other flaps closed, so when it is released, all the flaps open. You close all the flaps and then rotate the bottom to it's original position to move the lock back into place and hold the flaps closed.

So, in a word, YES. :lol

I've been working on versions of this since Oct 2014. I have my own thread, which I'll update when I get a working copy.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=227376&highlight=hamunaptra

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back