The intricacies of an Obi Wan ANH booster

No, didn't see any more on his stand. I didn't have much to spend at that point, so if he'd had a crate of them I could only have bought one.
Worse still, I didn't get a card or receipt from him. The fair was at Stoneleigh, here's a link: Militaria Shows, the Venue is Stoneleigh, Warwickshire | Europe's Premier Military Show
If you look through the list of exhibitors, you'll see why there's not much chance of repeating the purchase. Checking the stall layout map doesn't help, either.

No, didn't see any more on his stand. I didn't have much to spend at that point, so if he'd had a crate of them I could only have bought one.
Worse still, I didn't get a card or receipt from him. The fair was at Stoneleigh, here's a link: Militaria Shows, the Venue is Stoneleigh, Warwickshire | Europe's Premier Military Show
If you look through the list of exhibitors, you'll see why there's not much chance of repeating the purchase. Checking the stall layout map doesn't help, either.

Very cool. :) I imagine it's cast from an orignal. Was the "weld" also on there somewhere?

Interestingly... On almost the same fin as Chaim's, there's a mark that could be a pre-cast repair. On my first pic, all three holes almost line up, you can just see the large one in the threads (which is in fact only an indentation on mine, not a hole). There's a gouge out of it that you can see, and in person you can just make out a couple of small scores that could be from a file.
So, either there was a weld and it was patched up, or it just happens to look that way.

Augh, so close :(

I was in talks with a guy who had some spare AMN2 parts he was willing to sell. Looking through, I saw he had a booster. I was going to purchase it from him but he had to get the parts identified by a friend. Unfortunately, the friend asked for the booster as payment for his services identifying the parts. Back to searching for this piece again.

That's messed up

"Sure I'll tell you what it is, and if it's correct... BUT if it is the right thing, then I get it."

That makes no sense. Some friend.

Thanks for the sentiment Scott. Needed to rant.

Well it wasnt my friend. The guy went to his friend to get it (and a ton of other AMN2 parts) identified and I guess in return, the friend wanted the booster. Really sucks cause I did tell the guy beforehand that I was interested in the booster too. Can't give up.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back