The Immortals: GO SEE IT!

streetjudge79

Master Member
Henry Cavill was amazing in this movie. I went in not sure if I would like it or not as I'm not a big fan of these type of movies, but WOAH.. what a movie!
Cavill and Rourke were outstanding. I cannot wait to see Cavill as Superman. the guy is perfect for it! We saw it in 3d and it was worth the extra bucks .

All of the trailers and previews have made me completely uninterested in this film, but person after person has come back RAVING about it. Guess I am just going to have to go see what all the raving is about!

I passed on it last night and opted for Harold & Kumar (which was bland generic fun). I just couldn't find enough good things to support seeing Immortals - I looked for a reason but, couldn't find a review or a trailer to make it look worthwhile.

If I would've heard one rave review, as Art had heard or a post like StreetJudge's it may've swayed me.

Art, I was the same way. The trailer didn't interest me that much and I figured it would be something I'd catch on cable tv later. My wife dragged me to see it and I'm happy she did. I was very pleasantly surprised. There was some really great fight scenes. Great soundtrack, awesome visuals. The Gods were incredibly awesome to watch fight also.
You won't regret going.

I'm surprised people liked this movie as much as some of us do here. I didn't like it one bit.

Yeah, I do think it proved that Cavill can pull off Superman. Cavill definitely had some moments, John Hurt oozed charisma, the guy playing Zuess even seemed to have a moment or two.. but it was all lost on a terrible movie.

I don't like dwelling on things I didn't like and I don't want to come off as insulting other people's taste (I'm sure there are things I like that others might not get, too). I just wanted to mention the performances that I think were decent - especially as Cavill is our future Superman (although I hate the new costume).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back