The Hunterslair Invades the San Diego Comic Con

munson

These videos are what brought me to the lair and I wanted to post them to share with other lair members. Also, maybe you could share your stories of comic cons past. . .

San Diego Comic Con 2008 Predator Invasion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MweEMa-b1yc...feature=related

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predator Fun at San Diego Comic Con 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuIs-gh3LI...=PL&index=6

"We lost like 10 Predators. . .I don't know how you lose 10 Predators, but apparently you can."

That got me rolling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predator Apocalypse ~ San Diego Comic Con 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1W1p9PL1WY...feature=related

There are many more, but I only posted a few. The videos are excellent and my hats off to the individuals who pieced them together--awesome job!

Thanks for the videos, the suits look awesome!

hey buddy,

these vids are awesome and made by a friend of ours who went with us to con, he wont be there this year but
hopefully we will get some video, these vids represent the forum so much, and all its awesomeness

lots of people are brought to this forum by those videos, glad you where one buddy

as for stories, there was about 18 of us all huddled up when we first meet at con, people flooding everywhere to take
our pics, then we finaly decided to go in and one by one in line we went thro the doors and just seemed like
a non stop predator line, people where amazed and awed. it was a miracle we fit thro the little display areas

we stayed instill three, and had a blast, dave was very patient and awesome with the videos,

ya the vids are what got me to the lair. I watch them all the time. i went phone shopping with my wife yesterday and they had a iphone you could try out so as i was waiting i watched predator invasion lol. like i said non stop. I think HDogg is doing the video this year. i cant wait till im in the 2011 video

I couldn't agree more. Every time I watch these videos I get ridiculously hyped to finally be suited up in public. I love at the end of the Predator Fun when he dumps out the sweat from his hands and feet.

Those suits are totally awesom.That was funny about the little kids.Of course it was pretty nasty about all of the sweat,could only imagine the smell.Cool vids though.Can't wait to go to comicon and see this stuff in person.

Daren

Haha exactly the same i was brought here by those vids too! mostly the "Predator Apocalypse trailer"
i think Shane (Predmaniac) showed me The Lair too as he is a member here aswell.

Those videos are some of my best times I have had in the past few years. It was great to be a part of them and most of all it was an unbelievable expieience. Being able to hang out with some good people, in a Predator suit, at San Diego Comic Con, and the crowds admiration for us...just an awesome time. We can describe it all day but, you cant understand or appreciate fully till you do it. So, get those suits built and join the hunt as soon as you can. Then you to can join us for the end of the hunt ceremonial pouring out of the feet!

Great video... I know what you mean Bovine with the attention, I've had some great Halloween costumes that made me pretty popular for the night. I loved the bit on the escalator, pretty funny to see Predators just standing, waiting in line. Oh and the SWEAT!!! I knew you would sweat some, but not that much! So crazy!

Has anyone weighed themselves before & after? What do you do to eliminate the odor? Has anyone thought about putting venting into their suit to help heat escape?

Thanks for the fun vids!

i love the predator fun video specially the last part " you really want to suit up" ridiculous amounts of sweat hahahaha
Cant wait for next years ill totally going to be there

As a Predator fan, I watched those videos and you guys are awesome! If there is another Predator movie, 20th Century Fox Studios should ask all you guys to be in it.

BTW, are you guys all friends, or are you all members of Hunterslair that get together for the conventions?

Its fun to look back ad see why you put in those extra hours on your suit......LOTS OF PEOPLE go to see costumes and over the years of going in a suit you start to have fans and admire's..its trip.

FYI for those in the vids...for some reason a few people are questioning the fact that we built our suits. They think we just bought them or we worked on the films and thats how we did it (which is flattering) but, its also been said we do Comic Con because we get paid to. I posted in defense of it all but, you guys may want to chime in also. For some reason the vids and are work have been under attack. I have had words with a few this month alone.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back