THe Hollywood cancel Train..all aboard!

I'm not a disney fan or i'd be buying those just as neat figures. It's why i'm not big on buying the lego ones. My mom isn't thrilled about Castle being canceled, especially after everyone had already signed contracts but i think they knew firing what's her name turned a lot of fans against them.

I'm not a disney fan or i'd be buying those just as neat figures. It's why i'm not big on buying the lego ones. My mom isn't thrilled about Castle being canceled, especially after everyone had already signed contracts but i think they knew firing what's her name turned a lot of fans against them.

Are you a Star Wars or Marvel fan, because they make figures for both for that game system.

As for Castle being canceled, I'm a little sad but I thought that it hasn't been that good for the past couple of seasons and it was time to let the show go. Plus, there's just no way that it would have worked without Stana Katic as Beckett.

I'm actually not that huge a fan of modern marvel or of star wars. I used to be huge on both but to me they're not what they used to be on some level, i think i just got burned out.

Why do these people think a cool 1-2 hour movie like Limitless, 12 Monkeys and the up coming 'please god kill me SW live action show' can sustain 10 hours and then 6 seasons??

When has there ever been a great movie turned into an awesome show??...and don't say some of Star Trek....because that doesn't count, because I never liked anything Star Trek:lol

When has there ever been a great movie turned into an awesome show?

The Dukes of Hazzard started off as a movie called Moonrunners (1975). That was an awesome show for it's time and still has a heck of a fanbase that still exists long before Jay Chandrasekhar turned it into a film again, changing it more into a hillbilly stoner comedy.

So Castle is finally finished, great, time to actually watch it :D
Well, that is if they ever to decide to release it on blu-ray *sigh*

BRING BACK FIREFLY NOW!

The Dukes of Hazzard started off as a movie called Moonrunners (1975). That was an awesome show for it's time and still has a heck of a fanbase that still exists long before Jay Chandrasekhar turned it into a film again, changing it more into a hillbilly stoner comedy.

You aren't kidding, they have a Dukes convention down in Kentucky where the stars all show up and you see every kind of color painted as the general. Sadly these days if you have one with the flag on the roof you probably have to hide it.

When has there ever been a great movie turned into an awesome show??...and don't say some of Star Trek....because that doesn't count, because I never liked anything Star Trek:lol

Buffy? I never really got into the show but I had a lot of friend that loved it. My wife would say Parenthood, but I was meh on the show.

When my wife told me Castle was cancelled it didn't come as a surprise. We had only watched 2-3 episode this season and then we got behind on the DVR and then they started falling off because they were too old or the DVR was full (one of the two).

Kinda glad The Family was canceled, now I don't have to go back and watch it on demand or on Hulu. Is ABC clearing the board for Shonda Rhimes to own every day of the week?

Buffy? I never really got into the show but I had a lot of friend that loved it. My wife would say Parenthood, but I was meh on the show

omg, I thought parenthood was dreadful compared to the movie, About a boy is quiet a sweet movie, but the show is purile. Buffy....great film for it's time, the show was ok for a while, but that's really my point.....A great movie premise for 2 hours can't sustain 60 hours of story.

Im still miffed about John Doe! And that ended 13 years ago. I feel flash forward could have gone somewhere as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do these people think a cool 1-2 hour movie like Limitless, 12 Monkeys and the up coming 'please god kill me SW live action show' can sustain 10 hours and then 6 seasons??

Highlander?

I vote for every cop show and reality show featuring white trash hicks and rappers be axed. Also someone shut down TLC as it's a freakshow.

Could not agree more with every sentiment you posted.

TLC's idea of the perfect program would be a "reality" TV series about about a 900 lb, "shut-in" midget who is also a hoarder and drug addict. It's all about celebrating spectacle and freakishness.

Last edited:

If you want a decent movie that was turned into an awesome show, I'll mention Stargate. :D They managed to take the basic premise and expand the idea to sustain a long run very effectively.

I noticed Bordertown was canned. Not surprised one bit. I actually still like MacFarlane's other shows, and Bordertown was still unwatchable. Seems like everyone else agreed, and I never heard anyone ever mention it.

Im still miffed about John Doe! And that ended 13 years ago. I feel flash forward could have gone somewhere as well.

I'm glad John Doe got cancelled when it did, after the show runner revealed what he had planned had it gone on. Better to get what we got than have it turn into the disaster it would have become.

I'm glad John Doe got cancelled when it did, after the show runner revealed what he had planned had it gone on. Better to get what we got than have it turn into the disaster it would have become.

It's all in the execution. IIRC, the showrunner said his knowledge came from dying and being brought back to life in the nick of time. The premise being that, once you die, you are allowed to know everything - once he got that, he was pulled back, but they lost control of him. The show would have revealed that after acquiring a couple more religious aritifacts i think.

I was really into the show "revolution" season 1 was amazing!! season 2 was absolute garbage with after every weekly episode I would say that's it I'm done watching this garbage, but would get sucked in next week to pray it turns around. and sure enough after a complete season of being utter junk... the season finale was amazing!! and left us on a cliff hanger thinking, "where the hell are they goin with this!!!??" only to never find out...

I really wish they would bring it back as long as they can keep me on the edge of my seat like they did season 1 and the last episode of season 2... man I miss Charlie she was gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really into the show "revolution" season 1 was amazing!! season 2 was absolute garbage with after every weekly episode I would say that's it I'm done watching this garbage, but would get sucked in next week to pray it turns around. and sure enough after a complete season of being utter junk... the season finale was amazing!! and left us on a cliff hanger thinking, "where the hell are they goin with this!!!??" only to never find out...

I really wish they would bring it back as long as they can keep me on the edge of my seat like they did season 1 and the last episode of season 2... man I miss Charlie she was gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, season 1 was phenomenal but after that they seemed to have lost their way and didn't know which way to go. I liked in the beginning how modern firearms were uncommon and not even the Munroe militia was fully equipped with them, with most of their troops being armed with some form of musket. Fast forward to season 2 and now every has M4s/M16s and are firing off rounds like they could just walk down to their local gun store and buy more. I really think the only thing that kept me watching was the cast, they had some great actors and Charlie was definitely very watchable.

In this golden age of "Peak Television," there really is no reason to stick with a show that has fallen out of favor with you in the vain hopes that it'll get better. There's so much other good stuff out there that you might as well not waste your time.

This is why I've stopped watching The Walking Dead.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back