THe Hollywood cancel Train..all aboard!

KrangPrime

Master Member
I can't keep track of it all..

what's gotten the axe, and what is still around?

I know supergirl is moving to WB.

Agent Carter is sadly gone. and the Muppets also got canned, sadly/thankfully.

what else is on the cancelled/renewed list?

I vote for every cop show and reality show featuring white trash hicks and rappers be axed. Also someone shut down TLC as it's a freakshow.

Oh it did? I wasn't sure if they were going to keep it going after getting rid of that lady or not. Seems like Nathan's supporters were wrong and the show can't survive just on him. Now he's going to jack up his autograph prices even higher.

Oh it did? I wasn't sure if they were going to keep it going after getting rid of that lady or not. Seems like Nathan's supporters were wrong and the show can't survive just on him. Now he's going to jack up his autograph prices even higher.

He was reportedly cast as a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as Wonder Man as well.

The list so far:

Fox Cancels Second Chance
Containment Cancelled By The CW
Fox Cancels Bordertown
Fox Cancels Cooper Barrett
ABC Cancels Galavant
Fox Cancels Grandfathered
Fox Cancels The Grinder
ABC Cancels Agent Carter
Castle Cancelled After Season 8
ABC Cancels The Muppets
ABC Cancels The Family
ABC Cancels Nashville
CBS Cancels CSI: Cyber

It's ok, as much as I liked the show it really seemed to have lost some of its luster and this season hasn't been as good as seasons past. I will miss the cast though, I like their chemistry and interactions and Molly Quinn grew up to be quite stunning.

Hollywood Reporter is keeping a list of everything.

Of stuff I watched, here's my take:

Agent Carter: No surprise there. The second season didn't seem to tie into the greater MCU at all, just into Agents of SHIELD. Definitely weaker than the first season.
Castle: I'd dropped this early on in this season (the chemistry was gone), but I was surprised since I'd heard that Fillion had signed on for another season.
Galavant: I was hoping to get a season 3, but at least season 2 ended solidly, unlike season 1.
The Muppets: I don't think this ever knew what it wanted to be. It seemed like it wanted to be a "more mature" version of the characters for the people who grew up with them, but never captured what made people love them in the first place.
CSI: Cyber: I was honestly surprised it got a second season in the first place. But after they rushed out the episodes for the end of the season, and either played them in the wrong order, or important scenes got left on the cutting room floor, it was obvious that they just wanted rid of what they'd paid for.
Undercover Boss: I enjoyed this, but it was getting to the point where far too many people had figured out what was going on for it to be interesting anymore.
Code Black: Good show, but it kept wavering on if it was a true ensemble show, or just about the "main" characters.
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders: When will CBS learn that Criminal Minds works because of the cast chemistry, and that you can't just spin it off like that? Also, the show didn't really feel like they were profiling anyone, just cops abroad. (Note: CSI: Cyber probably would've worked better as a Criminal Minds spin-off, if you had Garcia on both shows)
Limitless: I started it, but it got boring quick. No surprise here.
Heroes Reborn: I'd long-since given up on this, but I thought the point here was to be a limited series, and it was never intended to continue?

Gaming wise, Disney Infinity's been cancelled and them some.

Wait, what? Cancelled how? I thought it was just a standalone game? This is the one that they released different sets and stuff for, right? With little figurines and whatnot?

Hollywood Reporter is keeping a list of everything.

Of stuff I watched, here's my take:

Agent Carter: No surprise there. The second season didn't seem to tie into the greater MCU at all, just into Agents of SHIELD. Definitely weaker than the first season.

Weaker, yeah, but it still had the potential to be a really great show. I think it lost sight of the real goalposts, myself (Peggy establishing SHIELD and Peggy finding love/romance).

: I'd dropped this early on in this season (the chemistry was gone), but I was surprised since I'd heard that Fillion had signed on for another season.

I've literally not watched a single episode of this show. My wife does, though, and she was puzzled at how the show could continue without Fillion's character's wife unless, like, they killed her off or something. Better to bow out gracefully.

: I was hoping to get a season 3, but at least season 2 ended solidly, unlike season 1.

This show has always been on thin ice. It was amazing it got a Season 2 at all.

The Muppets
: I don't think this ever knew what it wanted to be. It seemed like it wanted to be a "more mature" version of the characters for the people who grew up with them, but never captured what made people love them in the first place.

When I first heard "It'll be a reality show" I was...not enthused. When I heard it was being run by the people who run The Big Bang Theory, I knew I wasn't interested. I'm not surprised it crashed and burned. People don't want THAT version of The Muppets. They want a modern update to the original show, and this was not it. This was some Hollywood jackwad's idea of what a modern update would be, based on their experience in show production and Hollywood inside baseball that audiences don't give a flip about. Moreover, I gather in the start of the show, the characters were just kinda...terrible. Like, terrible people (muppets, whatever). Not endearing at all.

CSI: Cyber
: I was honestly surprised it got a second season in the first place. But after they rushed out the episodes for the end of the season, and either played them in the wrong order, or important scenes got left on the cutting room floor, it was obvious that they just wanted rid of what they'd paid for.

Been on the chopping block for a while, really. No surprise there.

Undercover Boss
: I enjoyed this, but it was getting to the point where far too many people had figured out what was going on for it to be interesting anymore.
Code Black: Good show, but it kept wavering on if it was a true ensemble show, or just about the "main" characters.
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders: When will CBS learn that Criminal Minds works because of the cast chemistry, and that you can't just spin it off like that? Also, the show didn't really feel like they were profiling anyone, just cops abroad. (Note: CSI: Cyber probably would've worked better as a Criminal Minds spin-off, if you had Garcia on both shows)
Limitless: I started it, but it got boring quick. No surprise here.

I never watched any of these. I barely heard about Undercover Boss. I'm surprised a reality show was canceled, though. It must've been pulling craptastic numbers.

Heroes Reborn: I'd long-since given up on this, but I thought the point here was to be a limited series, and it was never intended to continue?

Old news, really.

There are a few others, per TVByTheNumbers.com, but yeah. Most of these I don't care about.

I'm surprised Mysteries of Laura has managed to survive thus far.

Not a cancellation, but Marvel's Most Wanted green light was turned off. Not that I was looking forward to it. Never cared for either of those characters.

It's ok, as much as I liked the show it really seemed to have lost some of its luster and this season hasn't been as good as seasons past. I will miss the cast though, I like their chemistry and interactions and Molly Quinn grew up to be quite stunning.

The first 6 years were run by the orignal group. Season 7 was run by a new group, Season 8, yet another group.

And, if you didn't notice, starting last year, Beckett was on reduced appearances compared to the first 6 years....Apparently with amazing on-screen chemistry, they didn't get along well off screen.

The first 6 years were run by the orignal group. Season 7 was run by a new group, Season 8, yet another group. And, if you didn't notice, starting last year, Beckett was on reduced appearances compared to the first 6 years....Apparently with amazing on-screen chemistry, they didn't get along well off screen.
I knew that they had a new show runner this season but I didn't know that last season they had a new one as well, or I had forgotten that they did. Either way, it shows. The first 6 seasons were fantastic but these last two felt like they had started to run out of steam and it was about past time they canceled the show. It's a good thing since I don't think that the show would really work without Beckett, you need her for the NYPD connection and the Caskett relationship is part of what makes the show what it is. I suppose they could just make it Castle PI but I don't think that it would work as well and it would make it harder to fit Espo & Ryan in it without it seeming forced or very coincidental that Castle is always running into them during the course of investigating his cases.

Wait, what? Cancelled how? I thought it was just a standalone game? This is the one that they released different sets and stuff for, right? With little figurines and whatnot?

Cancelled as in servers being closed and no more being made (and Disney selling the company behind it). Yes and yes to the last two questions.

Cancelled as in servers being closed and no more being made (and Disney selling the company behind it). Yes and yes to the last two questions.

Huh. Well, crap. Guess I'll take those off my Amazon wishlist. That's a shame, too. I was looking forward to playing in the Star Wars playset with my daughter when she was old enough. :(

And mysteriously, only one episode after another Firefly cast member appeared on the show.

IS JEWEL STAITE THE NEW BLACK WIDOW OF FIREFLY CAST MEMBERS?
Has Summer Glau been dethroned as the harbinger of canceled shows???

Her appearance on Arrow (back in season 1 or 2, I think) suggests that Summer Glau's curse has been lifted!

Last edited:
I knew that they had a new show runner this season but I didn't know that last season they had a new one as well, or I had forgotten that they did. Either way, it shows. The first 6 seasons were fantastic but these last two felt like they had started to run out of steam and it was about past time they canceled the show. It's a good thing since I don't think that the show would really work without Beckett, you need her for the NYPD connection and the Caskett relationship is part of what makes the show what it is. I suppose they could just make it Castle PI but I don't think that it would work as well and it would make it harder to fit Espo & Ryan in it without it seeming forced or very coincidental that Castle is always running into them during the course of investigating his cases.

I didn't know about the first groups departure until after the finale of S6 where Castle was kidnapped on the way to the wedding. That smelled odd to me because the previous years, i don't think they ever did a season ending cliffhanger. Turns out it was a studio request to allow the new group to decide what happened.

The problem with both subsequent show runners was frankly, fear and stupidity. They never did the 'keep them apart til the series finale'' BS. they let it go forward. Got together, fell in love, got married....etc. the new runners - in both cases - just couldn't let it go forward like the original crew did. No...tried to make a new ongoing sinister plot with the abduction - which failed. Fans complained, 2nd half the year was much better. New runner again - same damned thing - gotta have an onverarching plot, but we'll attach castles disappearance to the old Senator as if that never went away...again, fail on that part. Fans complained again, and again 2nd half was much better - but - wanting to cut costs, and people not getting along sunk it.

What kills me is the subsequent runners just killing what made it work in the first place. I was sick and stuck at home 3ish weeks and stuck without a computer a good while longer. i watched lots of castle on TNT as it was the only thing on frequently and what I noticed is that it was very rewatchable (which is very rare for me) and that the original runners did a damn good job with the ongoing story. Every piece could be traced back to the beginning. They may not have had the whole story from the get go (i have no idea) but didn't seem to ever just make @#$% up and hope it fit or that no one would notice if it didn't.

They just couldn't see the appeal was not the ongoing story of becket's mom's murder - it was the story of them and their chemistry that made it work.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back