The Hobbit (Post-release)

The simple fact of the matter is, Radagast had no involvement eagle rescue whatsoever in The Hobbit book, and there is no reference tying him to it in the film. But if one wants to make that association in their mind, nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, I brook no argument with you seeing that in the film based on your exposure to the source material or whatever. Makes the movie more fun for you and that's awesome.

BUT, you said in response to some criticism of Radagast AS SEEN IN THE FILM:

"If it weren't for him, the Eagles would have never came to the rescue in Gandalf's time of need."

That's inaccurate insofar as what is in the movie The Hobbit in regards to Radagasts portrayal.

Like Roy Neary going into the mothership, getting transformed into an alien, and walking back out doing sign language.

Anyone else really dig Bilbo's robe?

image.jpg

YES! I saw that and I thought "damn, that'd be nice to wear around the house on a cold morning"

I don't smoke and I suddenly wanted this robe and one of those hobbit pipes, lol.

Last edited:
Like Roy Neary going into the mothership, getting transformed into an alien, and walking back out doing sign language.

Wow, LOL

The Hobbit said:
"What is all this uproar in the forest tonight?" said the Lord of the Eagles. He was sitting, black in the moonlight, on the top of a lonely pinnacle of rock at the eastern edge of the mountains. "I hear wolves' voices! Are the goblins at mischief in the woods?"

...Tonight the Lord of the Eagles was filled with curiosity to know what was afoot; so he summoned many other eagles to him, and they flew away from the mountains, and slowly circling ever round and round they came down, down, down towards the ring of the wolves and the meeting-place of the goblins.

Never mind the animal cruelty controversy I think the film should be banned on grounds of cruelty to Ian McKellen:

" In order to shoot the dwarves and a large Gandalf, we couldn't be in the same set. All I had for company was 13 photographs of the dwarves on top of stands with little lights - whoever's talking flashes up. Pretending you're with 13 other people when you're on your own, it stretches your technical ability to the absolute limits.

And I cried, actually. I cried. Then I said out loud, 'This is not why I became an actor.' Unfortunately, the microphone was on and the whole studio heard." - Ian McKellen

I ask you, how can we possibly enjoy the film now, knowing this? I've sent my tickets back...

Never mind the animal cruelty controversy I think the film should be banned on grounds of cruelty to Ian McKellen:

" In order to shoot the dwarves and a large Gandalf, we couldn't be in the same set. All I had for company was 13 photographs of the dwarves on top of stands with little lights - whoever's talking flashes up. Pretending you're with 13 other people when you're on your own, it stretches your technical ability to the absolute limits.

And I cried, actually. I cried. Then I said out loud, 'This is not why I became an actor.' Unfortunately, the microphone was on and the whole studio heard." - Ian McKellen

I ask you, how can we possibly enjoy the film now, knowing this? I've sent my tickets back...

Knowing how hard it was, and that he still pulled it together and got the job done makes me appreciate his work MORE, not less.

Okie dokie, saw it for the second time, this time in 24 imax 3d. I thought the movie was much much better than in 48. The only thing I can say is that my brain accepted the traditional frame rate more than the new one. To each his own.

I haven't seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy for quite a while and I'm going to watch the Hobbit tomorrow do I need to have a trilogy marathon tonight or will I be ok?

Saw 48 3D Hobbit last night, I was blown away! Absolutely best 3D experience I've ever had. Saw the regular 2D version last Saturday and I have to admit, this 3D version was far better, only ghosting I saw was the subtitles when orcs spoke etc...... None whatsoever thru the rest of it. I swear this movie flew by more so than the 2D version for me. Faster moving sequences were far better than any 3D experience I've seen previously. I sat about 6 rows from the front. Lightly buttered popcorn, Reese's Pieces, and a frozen Coke.....Perfect movie experience for me. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back