The Four Sages of Dwartii

dsp5500

Little side project and something a bit different.
Im Thinking of Milling, Printing, Bronze Casting????? The 4 Sages as seen in Supreme Chancellor Palpatine offices.
I have access to a HUGE 5 axis CNC machine so could mill these life size for that Studio Scale Look! :facepalm
Entrance to your driveway anyone? :lol
Or maybe something more manageable in size.
These are the two that haven't been done before, the last two will be done when time permits.

Rob

Dwartii Mesh.png
Dwartii-C.jpg
Dwartii-D.jpg
Dwartii.jpg

Though not a huge fan of the subject mate that doesn't take away what you've done in recreating them, really cool....I'm thinking you should stop work on that Twin pod pilot and start on the A-wing pilot next :ninja

Yer there doesn't seem to be much love for the statues but I'm fascinated by them.
Taken from wookieepedia

"The Four Sages of Dwartii were controversial philosophers and lawgivers from the early days of the Galactic Republic. The Four Sages were Sistros, Faya, Yanjon, and Braata."

"Supreme Chancellor Palpatine had bronzium statues of the Four Sages in his office suite in the Republic Executive Building on Coruscant. The statue of Sistros, one of the two flanking the doorway to Palpatine's private antechamber, had a lining of neuranium underneath its bronzium surface. Hidden deep within this statue lay Palpatine's lightsaber, dormant for decades until finally used against four Jedi Masters on Empire Day."

"The figure of Sistros appears on the Speaker's staff, which is included in the Mas Amedda action figure. The figure in the staff is not clearly visible in the film, however.
The statues of Faya and Yanjon can be seen at the entrance to Palpatine's private office when he reveals himself to be a Sith Lord to Anakin. They are on each side of the entrance. Sistros and Braata occupy the main office area."

Here's a set shot with Faya and Yanjon

f4y2tprn.jpg

I'd like to explore more of the sculptures used in the movies. Some examples

Here's Richard Miller with a jedi statue he sculpted.
Richard_Miller.jpg
And its appearance in the film.
starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-9819.jpg

starwars2-movie-screencaps.com-4111.jpg

wf72xuvq.jpg

SG36_zps915e4008.jpg~original.jpeg

One of the Statues "Sistros" appears on the Mas Amedda's Speaker's staff.
This will be the next one done.

Rob

MasAmeddaStaff-SWE.png

Yeah, I have a Sistros kicking around somewhere (I guess it's from the staff - looks about the size). I an not as into the statues as you are Rob, but I applaud any one that chases their specific and esoteric dreams! (runs back to the PDT-8) LOL

Plus you're really banging out some cool stuff lately, so I know these will be awesome.

Nice. A couple of these are in the Stag theater, and I used to bug Richard Miller (well, about a lot of stuff) when sculpting with him... best in-no-way-PC stories from him...

Nice. A couple of these are in the Stag theater, and I used to bug Richard Miller (well, about a lot of stuff) when sculpting with him... best in-no-way-PC stories from him...

Did Richard Miller also sculpt the Sages?
What a magical place Skywalker Ranch is and they look great in the Stag Theater.

20150113_085306-e1421426084647-576x1024.jpg

Skywalker-Ranch_Stag-Theatre-700x333.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back