The Forceforum.com collectibles?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by jusdrewit, Mar 17, 2018.

1. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

That Vader reveal is Korbanths. Looks like the same quality of work I've received from him

2. rnbuda

rnbuda Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow that's very disappointing. Any pictures of the base or dome as well?

3. razorsharp192

razorsharp192 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 9:27 AM
    Shingouki28 likes this.
  4. zjunlimited

zjunlimited Active Member

You would think so right? And some of them have been and are very successful in their own right so it’s surprising that they would want or need to be associated with TFF.

In any case, one perspective i heard / read from a maker is that they put a lower tier, entry level, lower cost product on TFF to get newbies and save the better stuff available from them direct (FB, eBay, website, etc.).

5. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

Nope, they're selling the exact same item they do here, on eBay or their Etsy page.

6. zjunlimited

Yes some, maybe most do, but not all. In any case, it doesn't really matter. I have no plans to buy anything from TFF.

7. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks like they changed their name to replicapropshop.....

8. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

Probably to try and get away from the reputation Force Forum has

Shingouki28 likes this.
  9. razorsharp192

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 9:28 AM
  10. halliwax

....wow

In all honesty you can’t really judge the warped helmet... I bet 50% of the Star Wars prop collects out there don’t realize how crapping these were put together originally

Unfated likes this.
  11. razorsharp192

halliwax and Shingouki28 like this.
  12. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

His review was talking about the build quality. Not surprised since Golden Armor makes their X-wing helmets

halliwax likes this.
  13. Shingouki28

Shingouki28 Well-Known Member

Seem to be selling Marvel helmets and a few Dredd props now. I just hope it doesn't backfire on the builders with a C&D, as TFF are constantly pushing ads out.
    So much for doing this as a "Passionate fan, trying to help Star Wars fans acquire affordable props" It's clearly always been about creaming the bucks off of the talent they hire...

14. SenorChang

SenorChang Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Randy's reputation is getting lower by the day also. I can see see why he and Mike get along in this venture.

15. malskelton

malskelton New Member

I have been looking at this website as I would like to get a helmet stand for my signed Stormtrooper lid ... I like the look of the stands that can incorporate an engraved plaque.

Having read through this thread I think I'd rather get them direct from the maker - is anyone able to help point me in the direction of the team that make the stands ? I know they ship from England ( which is where I am based ) but help would be appreciated

Thank you

16. halliwax

I thought it was darthhair that did all their helmet work?!

17. DiggsBarklightr

DiggsBarklightr Active Member

Is it just me or does their link only show the bottom of the stand? What does the stand actually look like, they can't even properly show that?! Buy from the maker, I agree ;)

18. RINZLERTRON

RINZLERTRON Sr Member

Looking through their stuff, I really wish they had names of who actually makes the products.... I would love to eventually get some of it when funds are higher, but no way I'm going through them to get it LOL.

19. malskelton

malskelton New Member

The photo on their site of the helmet stand does just shows the bottom part ... not ideal but at least that's the part that would be on display ( I could potentially stick a tennis ball on the top as it's hidden if it's not great )

Just need to find out the maker

20. Sean Hebein

Sean Hebein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Richard Campbell is going to be releasing his Ultimate Kylo helmet through TFF. Would rather go through Richard directly but he says this allows him to focus more on the building and less on the other stuff. I'm still not really sure of what to think of them.

21. rnbuda

rnbuda Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They want their %. The obviously picked their new name due to the similarities of this site and maybe to take some pressure off from the Mouse.

22. refugee

refugee Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I believe it is Michael Tinson. Find him on facebook and message him direct. I got a few stands direct from him that way

23. razorsharp192

xl97 likes this.
  24. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

Field Marshell is selling on FF as well; which is strange since he has quite a bit of visibility already.

After my experience below, I'd never buy anything from these guys again.

halliwax likes this.
  25. jkno

jkno Master Member

Maybe they don't know about the FF issues. Contacting them and showing this thread could be helpful

halliwax likes this.
  26. Vez

Vez New Member

Erm I bought Richards Ultimate Kylo Helmet last night. I had been speaking with Richard via messenger about getting a helmet from him and when the FF link to buy popped up on the kylo costume FB page I got one. A friend saw via FB I had bought one and directed me to this thread...... I Suppose I'll just have to see what happens.

27. halliwax

They did deliver the rogue one data tape for my friend.. and under predicted time too..

I am not defending them.. I’m just saying I told my friend to stay away, he Ignored me and they did deliver

28. zjunlimited

I don’t think all of the vendors are bad. Some may be using this site as a legitimate means of getting more business but it’s a shame Herron is behind this. And his tactics are shady (removes bad reviews, instead he refunds or replaces or so I heard), and not listing who the vendors are. This is important to me.

In any case, i prefer to deal direct so I bought the MR-style plaque stands direct and have contacted the mad scientist about the rogue one tape drive.

BTW halliwax, how does your friend like it? Any reviews or photos you think he would be willing to share?

Aldo The Apache and halliwax like this.
  29. halliwax

I can ask him to do a video for his YouTube channel

Aldo The Apache and zjunlimited like this.
  30. halliwax

While talking with him right now to do a review I brought up it coming in earlier then expected and I was wrong, it was a month behind

That can be expected in this hobby

Again, I am no way defending this company. I’m just sharing my friends experience

I will in no way purchase from this site because I will not support recasting..

31. razorsharp192

32. Synz314

Synz314 Active Member

Does any one know who the maker is of many of their helmets, particularly the Marvel ones? It's somebody based in Canada.

They have way more stuff and partners than the last time I visited the site a year ago. Still super shady and frustrating the lack of details and info on everything they sell that isn't Nick Anzalone or Richard Campbell.

33. razorsharp192

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 9:29 AM
  34. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

greed usually wins in most people.

35. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

I don’t know if this was already covered but I scanned through and didn’t see it. Richard was banned from several groups over allegations his “Ultimate” Kylo helmet is recast from the Anovos helmet. Now, I know Richard. I respect his work very much. I haven’t seen definitive proof one way or the other but with all the talk of supporting recasting.. figured it should be brought up.

For what it’s worth, I know Mike as well, and while I am not informed on his site or current activities.. he hasn’t shown himself to be anything but a nice guy in our interactions. I see a lot of prominent RPF makers products on that site, they must be there for a reason.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    FRPF2019, Unfated and WhiteShadow like this.
  36. Unfated

Unfated Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does anyone know who is making their new full size R2D2 statue?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  37. geordietrooper

geordietrooper Well-Known Member

Sithplanet i think ?

Unfated likes this.
  38. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

Randy or Korbanith or Sithplanet is making them. There's a discussion about it over on the Astromech boards.

Unfated likes this.
  39. craigjohn

craigjohn Well-Known Member

It's funny how this is the typical response from a person caught stealing photos. It's so predictable it's not even funny.

If they're still using your photos, lawyer up. 1) register photos for copyright protection. 2) make them pay for the usage. And you may be able to back-date the usage rate.

40. Shingouki28

Just seen this on FB... FB_IMG_1552682102768.jpg

EDIT* THIS CLAIM HAS SINCE BEEN REDACTED ON THE KIT FINDERS PAGE

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 11:30 AM
    Aldo The Apache likes this.
  41. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

42. halliwax

Wow... the r2 builders have to be *!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:08 PM
  43. zjunlimited

We should all be * cuz if his tactics keeps poking the sleeping mouse, one day it will wake up and we will all suffer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:08 PM
  44. halliwax

Exactly....we don’t realize how lucky we have it

45. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

After all of that, Herron is back in the group.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 7.48.32 PM.png

FRPF2019 likes this.
  46. Shingouki28

20190316_021132.jpg Allegedly, he's received "Death threats from TheRpf"...? For real?? I personally find that a bit of a stretch... I mean, just how much has he angered people to warrant that?! I call BS...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 7:14 PM
  47. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member

He's been saying this for sometime. Mike believes that Art Andrews is leading a slander campaign against him for some reason.

48. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

As you said, nothing new. This is the same diversionary tactic we have seen from countless people before in an effort to change the narrative.

al3d, Aldo The Apache and halliwax like this.
  49. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow New Member

Sounds a bit threatening

More "warnings"?

Yes, these are from almost a year ago... But they do match up with the narrative

FRPF2019 likes this.
  50. halliwax

That’s freak’n crazy, some of the nicest, and most helpful people on the net in this club. I don’t believe any of that crap..