The Force Awakens Snowtrooper

ObiWill15

sw-force-awakens-1.jpg

After getting all hyped up about the new Star Wars film - and films, I decided to buy the special issue of Vanity Fair magazine to take a better look at the set pictures.
The above picture blew me away! And although I was excited, albeit a little hesitant, this pic really got me going.
So, with no previous experience I thought I would try and make it. I was unsure how so YouTube came to the rescue, and after what seemed like hours of videos of foam building, Pepakura, and mouldings, I came to the conclusion that I would give Pepakura a go.

I first made it out of paper and thought I could strengthen it via paper máché but this turned out awful. After a few days of cutting out card - my poor fingers! I have finally started putting it together...

- - - Updated - - -

Day one...
DSC_0079.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Day two ...
DSC_0080.JPG
DSC_0081.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Day three ...
DSC_0082.JPG

sw-force-awakens-1.jpg

5543ca96801ffcbc36b34188_vanity-fair-star-wars-01.jpg

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great start!

Pepakura takes time,. I got help to cut out stuff. And I sat down with some tested.com videoes where they made stuff out of paper just to have something to listen that wasn´t music.

Finally after a while of holidays and birthdays I've managed to get back to working on my build.
Here are a few pictures of the work I've done.
Hopefully going to finish with the pepakura today!
DSCN0689.JPGDSCN0690.JPGDSCN0691.JPG

So after a while of nothing, two days of solid work!
Managed to Rondo the inside, I'll let that go off and then fiber-glass it for more stability.
Exciting times :D

DSCN0700.JPGDSCN0703.JPG

After some modification to the size, I have made up the faceplate.
It was far too small for the helmet, and now its just a little bit too large but I'm not too worried about that as I can always take a little bit off the finished piece.

DSCN0711.JPGDSCN0712.JPGDSCN0713.JPGDSCN0714.JPG

Great start!

I'm looking into starting one myself,. or try to buy from here,. or from the philipeenes on etsy,.
But making it yourself is so much gratifiing even if it ends up costing twice as much and not looking half as good,. But who believes in the sellers marketing photos anyway,.

Any progress?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back