The Fall Guy: The Motion Picture

That;s great...lol, just goes to show you ...no CGI or deepfake needed, just real stuff getting destroyed. Trucks going through buildings...and corny music to boot. Who wouldn't love such things? lol
It's a dumb movie to be sure, but it's one of those movies that you can sit down and watch and enjoy and come out the other end feeling good and not like you just wasted 2 hours of your life. Those are the movies most people go to the theater to see.

You know, the ones they hardly make these days.

this doesnt look too bad, but Emily Blunt..meh, needs more Heather Thomas

pulp-fiction-agreed-meme.jpg

So, This movie is out today and I hear there is a surprise cameo at the end. I'm not going to be able to see so, if anyone sees it, would you please let me know who the cameo is? I have a hunch, but I want to know for sure. Thanks.
It looks like an eye candy movie with a story made from about a sentence or two. LOL
D

Looks like they’ve got a documentary about stunt men that features some of the stunts from the film.

Also, there’s a scene breakdown with the director and actors:

Last edited:
can't be too bad, one of my friends runs a well-known UK stunt school and he seems to enjoy it. I am going to reserve judgment until I see it later in the month, but as some of my best friends are stunt folk and the original is one of my favourite shows I really hope it as a decent story to support it.

So, apparently, in the film, the film that is being worked on by Blunt’s character is a remake of a film called Metalstorm.

Wow. That's a pretty obscure reference.

I'm picturing the 'Fall Guy' producers coming up with the idea:
"Okay, so our fictional movie needs post-apocalyptic cheese and stunts. Let's pick some crappy old Max-Max-ripoff and pretend we're remaking it."

It's also a nod to the stunt community. An annoying part of their job is the fact that stunt quality does not always correlate with the quality of the TV/movie it's in. Any experienced stunt person can rattle off examples of great stunts that they did in crappy/forgotten shows.

I keep seeing this movie advertised all over.
But haven't watched any footage, only seen pictures....
I'm thinking, didn't this come out like 3 years ago???
I realized, THIS is what I was thinking of. So maybe its a sequel? Nope, just watched the trailer. Ryan Gosling as a stunt double, who of course needs an actual stunt double for the film....got it.
6d416c486e17ae7ab4856f95cbd468616659f144dc7a744b1c1cb585e9e6343b.jpg

Wow. That's a pretty obscure reference.

I'm picturing the 'Fall Guy' producers coming up with the idea:
"Okay, so our fictional movie needs post-apocalyptic cheese and stunts. Let's pick some crappy old Max-Max-ripoff and pretend we're remaking it."

It's also a nod to the stunt community. An annoying part of their job is the fact that stunt quality does not always correlate with the quality of the TV/movie it's in. Any experienced stunt person can rattle off examples of great stunts that they did in crappy/forgotten shows.
Well, that's not the only one. Apparently, Colt in the film version first started out his career as stunt performer for Universal Studios Hollywood's Miami Vice Stunt Show, as he wears the Stunt Crew jacket from the show in the film.

Just got back from watching this in the cinema. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon film, the action and stunts as you'd expect were great, there were some funny moments and the story was easy going and required no prior knowledge of anything, just a standalone film.
I only found out by reading this thread that this film is a soft reboot of an old TV show.
Gosling and Blunt were both enjoyable and their chemistry felt genuine, ATJ played the douchebag actor part well.
Stick around for the credits, they are understandably respectful towards the stunt people.
Solid film, 7.5 or maybe an 8/10.

Here's something for fans of the old TV show:

A compliation video of the jumps done by the stunt truck.

I say "the" because you are looking at one single truck for the whole video.

After Dukes, Knight Rider, A-Team, Hardcastle . . . the studio mechanics were tired of replacing vehicles after every jump scene. With "The Fall Guy", they finally had a star-car that was shaped for the job.

The regular trucks were still being totaled from jumps. So they asked the producers for money to try building a modified fly-able version. The producers declined, thinking it would never work. The mechanics built it anyway. It was cobbled together out of pieces of the other wrecked trucks.

The main trick (besides the obvious stuff like a rollage and strong shocks) is that the engine is moved down under the center of the truck. It's visible in the videos. That made the truck more balanced in the air. And it spread the load out better between the front & rear axles when it hit the ground. They also eliminiated the 4WD and braced the axle housings.

As the video shows, they kept gradually trying bigger jumps with it, and the truck just kept on surviving. Some stuff broke but it was always repairable. It's still around today.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back