The Escape Pod Project

Hey Guys, I just so happen to have a few original KFC buckets I can pull some measurements from in order to contribute. I scored them from a lady in PA who was a "career" KFC employee from the 60s thru the 80s. She has since been a hard core KFC collector with literally a house full of related stuff. The buckets are marked 1969 and the style of recycle symbol matches the time period. She remembered they did not change the bucket style until the late 70s/early 80s, which should put these as a match for our time period. I'm off to work now, but will post again this evening when I get a chance to do some measurements.

View attachment 759556

View attachment 759557
Nice score. I’ve been looking for a vintage 70’s bucket for ages. Not for prop use, but for storing crayons of all things, lol. It was a childhood thing at my grandparents and I always wanted to recreate that again.

No, I've talked to Jonathan Erland about it and he said they used some greasy fried chicken buckets that had been left over from dinner.

I just stumbled across this thread. Great job! I have the Masterpiece Models Escape Pod kit and my plan was to mount it on a modified gobo head for display. Seeing yours is great proof of concept.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back