The Enterprise Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may as well admit to us all that the 5.5 footer was practice for building a 1-1 scale functioning Enterprise. The chair is only the first step...but for the love of God be careful with that Ion Pod Ejection button!

This looks really, really awesome, Steve. Just looking at it in this rough form gives me chills. I mentioned this project to my wife, and floated the idea of taking a crack at it myself. She responded by rapidly changing the subject :)

Keep going please...you generate so much inspiration!

You may as well admit to us all that the 5.5 footer was practice for building a 1-1 scale functioning Enterprise. The chair is only the first step...but for the love of God be careful with that Ion Pod Ejection button!

This looks really, really awesome, Steve. Just looking at it in this rough form gives me chills. I mentioned this project to my wife, and floated the idea of taking a crack at it myself. She responded by rapidly changing the subject :)

Keep going please...you generate so much inspiration!
Thats why I'm single now, don't have to go through an approval commitee Lol. Build it, but buy her an expensive gift, something shiny to distract her. :behave.Lol
Ray

IMG_7979.jpg
This is the reason why they call it the Big Chair! :thumbsup Steve it really looks great.

Last edited:
bit off topic but I just saw Ghostbusters in the cinema and gave a little cheer when I saw Steve's name in the credits

Ah thanks Scott.

Chair is ready to primer and paint tomorrow. Got it all gaped and filled today. The finishing sander made short work of it all. More tomorrow.

Steve

I'm hoping the chair will make it in front of my computers work station. But the wife kind of wants it in the house, We shall see.

That's awesome!

How many times (besides a very few indulgent housewives on this board?) do you hear of a woman who lets her husband actually keep his otaku treasure in the house?!?!?? It practically never happens!

(Ask my dad and my cousin... Their wives throw out a lot of their crap behind their backs! LOL)

But seriously... there ARE Star Trek fans who would literally KILL if they didn't get to keep the Captain's Throne in da house!

(It's not a Chair, It's A THRONE... Remember, The Captaincy is NOT a democracy but a benevolent dictatorship!)

You definitely have THE chair for your office to sit in throne like when you have a business meeting! Louis B Mayer would have totally had this with some extra low-chairs in front of it to listen to pitches had it existed when he was running MGM!

Googling around the interwebs to look at other builds of the chair I ran across this build guide that was so hilariously unhelpful I just had to share - Difficulty Moderate
I had to laugh when I saw this , just 5 easy steps they break it down to, I would like to slap the person who wrote the article Lol:behave.

George I'll never understand that. Why a person would even put up with it. Why in the first place they'd marry anyone that didn't love Star Trek. It's like people that don't like animals. I get a creepy feeling from them. Alarm bells go off. My wife loves everything I do and buys me the things other mean wives through out! ;)

Anyway paint going on the chair today. Stand by it's going to look like something now. ;)

Steve

George I'll never understand that. Why a person would even put up with it. Why in the first place they'd marry anyone that didn't love Star Trek. It's like people that don't like animals. I get a creepy feeling from them. Alarm bells go off. My wife loves everything I do and buys me the things other mean wives through out! ;)

Anyway paint going on the chair today. Stand by it's going to look like something now. ;)

Steve
I agree with you 100%, my wife is just like yours, she even bought me a Starfleet Academy ring as a wedding gift, she's the best!:love

Last edited:
I'll admit it; my wife is a convert. When we got married she knew I loved Trek but she wasn't that familiar with it . . . . she is now, lol. She really enjoys them very much now and we watch them together frequently. Her favorite episode is "Mirror Mirror" and you can't go wrong with that choice.

Now, back to the chair!!!

Well Feek, that sounds like she is a good wife as long as she doesn't backhand you like Uhura in "Mirror Mirror" and say "I'm afraid I've changed my mind...again!" ;)

Great model! I spent much of the day watching all your videos on youtube. very impressive! Congrats on your excellent work!

off topic: My wife is awesome, I just don't think she was keen on the idea of the captain's chair in our living room. I just wanted to put that out there...I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't for her.

on topic: bring on the paint, Steve!

off topic: My wife is awesome, I just don't think she was keen on the idea of the captain's chair in our living room. I just wanted to put that out there...I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't for her.

on topic: bring on the paint, Steve!

I hear you and me too. I did mean to put anyone's wife down. I didn't mean to have it come out that way. What I was refering to are the wive horror stories I have seen and the ones that will sneak on to the forum and blast us. ;)

The Chair has primer on it. It got dark quick outside so I was able to do the last sand on the base and get it primered but I will in the morning.

Then I will be rolling paint on. The actual color. Wish I had the time to gun it on and get it a bit more smooth and glossy but it will be fine.

More tomorrow,

Steve

Here it is in primer with the parts just stuck on. Video will be up this weekend. I'm on a crunch to get this down as next week starts a lot of work for me. Models to build for people and kit orders to fill. Push is on,

Steve

IMG_7982.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back