The Emoji Movie (Post-release)

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
suicide.gif

http://deadline.com/2015/07/emoji-movie-sony-pictures-animation-anthony-leondis-kung-fu-panda-secrets-of-the-masters-1201482768/

Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

Re: Emoji the movie aka Hollywood does not care

I mean, there's not really much info other than the fact that it's based off of emoji's, so I don't see how it couldn't be made like any other film that applies human traits to normally inanimate objects. We've watched endless movies about talking appliances,cars,animals,food,and most recently saw a movie about anthropomorphic FEELINGS garner critical and box office success. Sure the main idea may be dumb on the surface, but it's not like it should inherently lack any merit.

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

--EDIT--

Oh, and look. It comes from....waaaaaiiiiiiiit for iiiiiiiiiiiiit.....Sony! I guess getting rid of Amy Pascal didn't do much to improve the brain trust running the place.

Last edited:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yleEs15g5...Q/s1600/tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

--EDIT--

Oh, and look. It comes from....waaaaaiiiiiiiit for iiiiiiiiiiiiit.....Sony! I guess getting rid of Amy Pascal didn't do much to improve the brain trust running the place.

Nope, there's plenty of other idiots in Hollywood to replace her. You could probably flush every exec in that town down the toilet with their ideas and by the time you get back to the boardroom they're replaced by clones.

This is a bad idea in the same way that making Twilight movies was a bad idea.

The only interested parties would be studios looking for a quick, easy, non-controversial, repeatable, cash cow. Just those studios and not any other ones.

"Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made!"

Emojis are cute & inoffensive. Get ready. Prepare for a flood of yellow merchandise big enough to give The Simpsons a run for its money.

Last edited:

I wonder if Sony had to clear this with the estate of Harvey Ross Ball.

Emojis are huge with my 9 yr old daughter and her friends.

They are obviously just cashing in on the trend and will be geared towards that kid target audience

Another kid movie. Not sure what the big deal is

at least its not another sequel/prequel/reboot of some franchise :lol

I say we hope this is the movie that finally bankrupts sony, and they hand over xmen/marvel and ghostbuster rights to disney ;o)

Already 1055 dislikes to 566 likes. I wonder if it will beat "Ghostbusters" ' record? ...
The comment section has already been hidden.

Edit
22nd Dec: 1970 dislikes, 818 likes.
23rd Dec: 2276 dislikes, 860 likes
27th Dec: 2909 dislikes, 907 likes
1st Jan: 3435 dislikes, 953 likes
10 Feb: 4623 dislikes, 1119 likes
4 Aug: 10,653 dislikes, 2,309 likes.

I suppose people just think "meh" about this movie. :-þ

Last edited:

Why would you even THINK promoting your movie with the "meh" emoji character is a good idea?

dumb

щ(゚Д゚щ​

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back