The Definitive Marvel Studios Disney+ Hawkeye (Clint Barton) Thread

Is it at all possible that he’s rocking 2 different Rag and Bones jackets? The colors in various pics seem so vastly different despite natural lighting.
I would assume anything worn in a fight scene they buy a minimum of 2 so as to have a hero and a stunt. Sometimes is gets pretty obvious like jackets that get a size bigger when it's punchup time although these days the cgi tends to clean up a lot of details.

I would assume anything worn in a fight scene they buy a minimum of 2 so as to have a hero and a stunt. Sometimes is gets pretty obvious like jackets that get a size bigger when it's punchup time although these days the cgi tends to clean up a lot of details.

I'm a stuntman. I get that. Not really what I meant. I'm wondering if Clint Barton, the character owns 2 different shades of the same jacket and wears them in the show. One that is more in the blue spectrum, one that is in the blacker or grayer color palette.

Last edited:
I'm a stuntman. I get that. Not really what I meant. I'm wondering if Clint Barton, the character owns 2 different shades of the same jacket and wears them in the show. One that is more in the blue spectrum, one that is in the blacker or grayer color palette.
The darkest of the blues the jacket comes in is so much bluer and has the brownish yellow-brass buttons though. I think it's that the tint of the devon is only visible in bright direct sunlight. I've seen several descriptions of this online... in the weak winter light it looks black to me. But filming also took place in Georgia as well as New York. Even sunlight will dramatically vary between those latitudes.

of course, with dye on natural fibers there is always the possibility that the fabric lots of two jackets came out of the mordant a teensy bit different. My father in law was a head dyer for a Burlington mill and consistency was always trickiest he said. It could be in the store they look identical but under a bright sun they don't match.

I had it confirmed by Rag & Bone. According to them, it's just the Devon color that they provided. Set lighting and color correction in post makes it look blacker than it is in some scenes. And if they're wrong, I own both colors lol

I had it confirmed by Rag & Bone. According to them, it's just the Devon color that they provided. Set lighting and color correction in post makes it look blacker than it is in some scenes. And if they're wrong, I own both colors lol
That's awesome. Kinda like the McFly red vest vs orange vest!

Would you mind posting pics of both jackets for color comparison for us, please? Would love to see the differences.

Do we think a black or blue version can be dyed accurately? Any advice Ithat?

Also, I know it was posted previously as well. I just got a Devon in small. It's a little snug if anyone would want to swap for a medium, I'd be happy to.

Dying cotton is pretty easy, especially if you don't need perfect midnight black. The hard part will be the distressing.... there is an art to this and getting it right may require some research. At least it's not severe on the jacket so just wearing it a bunch in bright sunlight and some washing or at least tumbling might go a long way to giving it that broken in worn look.

"Black" on the left and "Devon" on the right. I took the pictures in a dimly lit room with a flash to try and bring out as much of the difference as I could.
20220125_152424.jpg
20220125_152407.jpg

Also, these jackets aren't pure cotton, so I'm not sure how dyeing them would actually go. If anything, I'd recommend getting the black one and trying to fade and distress it versus trying to dye a blue one.

"Black" on the left and "Devon" on the right. I took the pictures in a dimly lit room with a flash to try and bring out as much of the difference as I could. View attachment 1538990View attachment 1538991

Also, these jackets aren't pure cotton, so I'm not sure how dyeing them would actually go. If anything, I'd recommend getting the black one and trying to fade and distress it versus trying to dye a blue one.
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and give advice. I‘ve now got the Devon in S and it’s a bit snug. Gonna grab a black one. DId you do any distressing on it?

Did you do any distressing on it?
None. But I imagine it wouldn't be difficult. I've heard of multiple people taking jackets of this type and doing simple things like tumbling it in the dryer (NO HEAT) for a few hours, or whacking it on the floor or a piece of furniture.

FYI I tried shrinking the jean jacket and I can't tell much difference at all so it's pre-shrunk fabric. It handled the process well so don't worry overmuch if you get them dirty. Also, does anyone need a medium Vince shirt?

Also, does anyone need a medium Vince shirt?
YES, I do!! I have a small and/or a large I'd be more than willing to trade. Schlegel , please feel free to message me to discuss!

I'm also looking for the denim jacket in a medium. The large is just a little too big and the small just a little too small.

I want to give you guys a heads up since you are the target audience... the definitive SHIELD Hawkeye V1.0 thread left 2 items insufficiently worked out IMO... the customization on the vest and his pants belt.. I think I have worked out both, I don't know when I will have the time to do the new mods on the vest but I have just bought the only belt to truly match that I have ever seen. It's basically a bespoke item and I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the maker and get confirmation from him. There are some extremely unique details that make me 99.9% sure I am right! Warning: Not Cheap! There are 3 left on the entire internet and they are for 28 to 31 inch waist.

I want to give you guys a heads up since you are the target audience... the definitive SHIELD Hawkeye V1.0 thread left 2 items insufficiently worked out IMO... the customization on the vest and his pants belt.. I think I have worked out both, I don't know when I will have the time to do the new mods on the vest but I have just bought the only belt to truly match that I have ever seen. It's basically a bespoke item and I'm going to see if I can get in touch with the maker and get confirmation from him. There are some extremely unique details that make me 99.9% sure I am right! Warning: Not Cheap! There are 3 left on the entire internet and they are for 28 to 31 inch waist.

Schlegel I PM'ed you regarding that stuff, as well as what we discussed earlier.

Sadly the guy I found did not make Hawkeye's belt though his may have actually inspired whichever costumer did ( I am getting convinced it was a custom job) while he was working on an earlier Marvel movie.

Anyway, I would like to propose as a jean candidate Levi's 511... midrise, skinny cut, stretch denim. Take a look, see what you think.

I can go ahead and debunk the 511. None of the washes have the correct patch, and after trying them on with both sets of boots, they don't fall at the ankle correctly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back