The Definitive Marvel Studios Disney+ Hawkeye (Clint Barton) Thread

Chris92

I first got into archery when I was little, so characters like Hawkeye and Green Arrow became natural favorites for me growing up (especially Green Arrow, as my favorite color is also green :lol:). I didn't truly start researching this show until about a year after it had begun filming, but I think I'll pat myself on the back a bit: I usually can't identify this much stuff on my own! Credit is given where credit is due however; if you identified something before I did or you helped me, you're thanked, as long as I know about it! So, here we go: The Definitive Thread about Clint's...threads...

CONFIRMED (MATCHED DETAILS AND SOLE): First up, footwear. This is a big one for a lot of people, and like with most other shows and movies that we try to track down wardrobe items for, these are pretty much sold out. His first pair of brown shoes that he wears are a pair of SOREL MADSON MOC TOE WATERPROOF BOOTS in the color BRUNO/BLACK. I managed to find a pair second-hand, but these are pretty much sold out everywhere I've looked. Also, if you want 100% accuracy, do NOT get the Madson II boots, they have the wrong sole. Otherwise they look almost identical, and those are still available, as they're this year's model. The left picture shows the sole of the Madson, as well as the black collar that gives away the proper color of the boot. The right picture is how it appears when you're looking for it online.
hailee-steinfeld-jeremy-renner-continue-filming-hawkeye-in-atlanta-14.jpg
1639751441775.png

CONFIRMED (MATCHED DETAILS AND SOLE): The other pair of boots are the BLUNDSTONE MEN'S ORIGINALS LACE UP BOOTS #1619 in the color RUSTIC BLACK. And yes, you do want this style WITH the toe-caps. It's a hard detail to see, but shout-out to pinder91 for helping me nail that detail down. These are the boots that he wears when he's attending the musical in episode 1, and he wears them interchangeably with his street clothes with the Sorel boots. I'm fairly certain these are also the boots he's wearing with the hero costume that we'll finally see in the final episode of the season. These are still available directly from Blundstone, but in limited sizes. These are new enough that you should be able to find them at other stores or second-hand fairly easily.
december-08-2020-jeremy-renner-shooting-on-location-for-marvels-series-hawkeye-in-new-york-cit...jpg
1639751788273.png

For legwear, it appears that he wears LEVI'S denim jeans in various washes and fades of black with a black leather patch above the back right pocket (y'know, the typical spot). There are some scenes where you can see the red tab, but more often than not they've removed this. However, you can also see the Levi's back pocket design, which is another giveaway. If anyone can nail down the exact washes, style, or fit, please chime in!
hailee-steinfeld-jeremy-renner-continue-filming-hawkeye-in-atlanta-57.jpg
gettyimages-1229947943-2048x2048.jpg

CONFIRMED BY MANUFACTURER: Here's a big one: that denim jacket? Yeah, it's pretty much sold out too, but if you're lucky, some other stores may still have it: it's the RAG & BONE DEFINITIVE JEAN JACKET in BLACK DEVON. Rag & Bone doesn't even have this color listed anymore. I had a hard time identifying this one, thinking it was a Levi's, until I saw the close-up pic of the jacket where you can read "rag & bone" on the buttons. The only thing production seems to have done to this jacket is to open up the handwarmer pockets (they're sewn shut when new) and to remove the tags on the back under the collar (otherwise you can see them on the back of the jacket. It's a fairly bright white thread). I had originally thought this jacket was jet black, but after a debate with someone, I talked with several people at R&B and had the Devon colorway confirmed. It looks black in a lot of lighting situations, but has a very dark blue/navy undertone that can be seen in natural light, and the distressing of the Devon color matches up with the distressing of the jacket Clint wears. I've updated the picture as well.
Eol2OojXMAADMEu.jpg
1641231712289.png

CONFIRMED BY MANUFACTURER: His backpack is a find that is not mine: credit for this one goes to @zephyrzeero on Instagram, who apparently found this over a year ago: the GOOTIUM VINTAGE CANVAS BACKPACK in size LARGE, color KHAKI. You've got to get the large size to be accurate. The smaller size khaki backpack is missing some of the details, like that leather patch on the top flap. There are still a few available on Amazon, but I wouldn't wait too long.
NEBC08~1.JPG
1639752472639.png

The plaid shirt that Clint wears in the first episode at the musical, as well as various other scenes throughout the show, is the VINCE MEN'S CORDUROY PLAID LONG SLEEVE in the color COASTAL BLUE. This shirt practically doesn't seem to exist anymore, and the places I have found it, it's available in limited sizes and is over $200. Good luck on this one...
Renner-Hawkeye-Disney.jpg
1639752772560.png

For his bow, he's got his HOYT BUFFALO from the first Avengers movie back, although it's modified a bit differently this time around. The holes in the riser are all filled in (a design choice that just seems odd to me), there is a type of white wrap or tape (both?) around the grip, and the laser sight has a small "satellite dish" looking piece on it in some scenes (which, thanks to episode 3, we know is a grappling attachment). These new changes are a little odd to me, especially when you consider that the guy playing him on Broadway has a bow completely accurate to the 2012 film. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Another fun "Easter egg" for this show is the fact that Clint now wears a hearing aid in his left ear. For those who don't know, Clint is canonically deaf in the comics, so it was cool for them to bring that element into the show. The type of hearing aid that Clint wears is a "CIC", or "Completely-In-Canal". This type of hearing aid is typically color coded, blue for the left ear and red for the right. There aren't a ton of clear shots of this, and the ones we do have are too far away to give specific details. I have been able to work out that other than being a CIC hearing aid, blue in color, and having a removal string (this is the "antenna"), it appears to have at least two lines of code printed on the side in white print. Without being able to read this coding, there is unfortunately no way to identify EXACTLY what brand of hearing aid this is, but you should be able to find one that looks the part. These are pretty widely available in a wide range of pricing.

Clint's phone (not his burner flip phone, but his actual cell/mobile phone) is the GOOGLE PIXEL 3 in the color JUST BLACK. It does have a custom UI though, because that thing is CLEARLY not running an Android OS :lol:.
1641319114429.png
1641319130935.png

Here are the things left to identify:

• brown jacket
  • green and black zip-up hoodies
  • episode 2 Henley
  • episode 4 Christmas sweater
  • episode 4 green ribbed pullover hoodie
  • various t-shirts

Attachments

• 1639752525862.png
    1639752525862.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 554
  • Eu193BlWYAUj2G-.jpg
    Eu193BlWYAUj2G-.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 250
Last edited:
After going over various screencaps, I can now confirm that the boots worn with his hero costume at the end of the series are indeed the Blundstone #1619 boots. Just needed to match up the soles, which you can see here.
hawkeye106_scnet_1182.jpg
hawkeye106_scnet_1347.jpg
hawkeye106_scnet_1702.jpg
1641018573247.png

I've updated the first post to include updated information on the denim jacket. Also, if there were any doubts about the backpack, Gootium themselves confirmed it is their backpack in this article from 16 Nov 2021:

The brown coat looks like a barn or chore coat... but the construction details look more high end/fashion house rather than LL Bean IMO.

The white “wrap” around the grip appears to be polymorph. It’s a thermoset plastic used to make/customise grips. You put it in boiling water, it softens and then you can form it to shape. When it cools you have a solid grip that can still be worked so you can add threads, file etc as needed.

The white “wrap” around the grip appears to be polymorph. It’s a thermoset plastic used to make/customise grips. You put it in boiling water, it softens and then you can form it to shape. When it cools you have a solid grip that can still be worked so you can add threads, file etc as needed.
I was just working on my bow last night and was using white athletic tape. I coated it in mod podge just to keep it from fraying

The brown coat looks like a barn or chore coat... but the construction details look more high end/fashion house rather than LL Bean IMO.
That is definitely the style of the coat. I have yet to see any identifying markers for it as far as brand though. And none that I've come across have elbow patches or a leather collar like Renner's. I did run across this photo today that almost makes me think they added the leather on top of the collar.
1641317487283.png

Maybe it's because I'm unfamiliar with what that looks like, but to me, it honestly just looks like tape, particularly in this photo:
1641317573445.png

I was just working on my bow last night and was using white athletic tape. I coated it in mod podge just to keep it from fraying
Feel free to post a photo! That way we can have a frame of reference to potentially narrow down what it is. I'll also keep the first post updated with info, so that there doesn't end up being bits of information twenty pages down the road that may get missed. Plus it opens up the proceeding posts for discussion while keeping everything together in a nice, concise, "one-stop shop list".

Speaking of, something I've forgotten to mention until now, but Clint's phone (not his burner flip phone, but his actual phone) is a Pixel. I'll update the first post with that.

Last edited:
The mid chest handwarmer pockets and elbow patches indicate this may be a barn coat style hunting/shooting jacket not a plain barn coat. As for the collar, canvas barn coats often have a durable corduroy on the collar in a contrasting color. Since this is already corduroy, upping it to leather to match the elbows is pretty logical. The shaped bellows on the lower pockets are a hunting thing as well.

Here's the bow I made using the 3D files from Prop Way. It is supposed to fold in two location (upper limb and bottom limb) but the bottom limb was staying in place to my liking so I glued it in place attached to the grip (I don't think it's a design problem, just a print and assembly, because Prop Way's bow works fine). I may go into tinkercad and make a few adjustments of my own to make it more stable. Prop Way also said he may update the file to add magnets and if he does he'll send those updates out for free for those who've already purchased it.

The grip is covered in white athletic tape that is coated in mod podge to prevent fraying.

IMG_9220.jpg

Re the green and black hoodies: from some shots it's apparent the green one has an unlined hood... need to go back and check the black one but it falls like a lined hood IMO. The green hoodie has to be quite lightweight judging by the way it falls.

Attachments

• hawkeye-jeremy-renner-1637844949.jpg
    hawkeye-jeremy-renner-1637844949.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Jeremy-Renner-Hawkeye-Black-Jacket.jpg
    Jeremy-Renner-Hawkeye-Black-Jacket.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I located the rag&bone jacket on a consignment site and my gamble paid off... it was indeed in Devon. For those unsure about size, at 5 ft10 and 195lb, XXL was big enough to have room for a hoodie under... and likely to account for shrinking in the wash. It sits about 1 inch longer on me than on Renner so I may attempt to shrink it a bit on purpose. If you are 20lb less than me I definitely recommend to go a size down, maybe 2. (Looking at it on models the key measurement is chest, they show a 6 ft skinny model in a medium!)

Last edited:
I located the rag&bone jacket on a consignment site and my gamble paid off... it was indeed in Devon. For those unsure about size, at 5 ft10 and 195lb, XXL was big enough to have room for a hoodie under... and likely to account for shrinking in the wash. It sits about 1 inch longer on me than on Renner so I may attempt to shrink it a bit on purpose. If you are 20lb less than me I definitely recommend to go a size down, maybe 2. (Looking at it on models the key measurement is chest, they show a 6 ft skinny model in a medium!)
I think that's more to do with your measurements - that model was quite skinny if he fit a medium at that height. For reference, my jacket is a small. I have a 40-41" chest at 5'10" with an athletic build. Ironically, I have very similar all over measurements to Renner (except for my hands, those tiny blasted things...). My jacket falls on me almost exactly the way it does on Renner, and I can comfortably wear my Vince shirt and and "vintage fleece" hoodie from J. Crew (which is a little thick. Also be advised, that R&B jacket is NOT warm :lol:).

That being said, if anyone finds a medium but would prefer a small, I would probably be willing to make a trade. I have a medium in the Black color, and I feel like the arms are quite a bit roomier in that one, almost to the point of being too big.

Also, Schlegel , good eye on the hoods of the hoodies. I feel like those, the t-shirts, and the Henley will be hardest to identify next to the brown jacket.

I think that's more to do with your measurements - that model was quite skinny if he fit a medium at that height. For reference, my jacket is a small. I have a 40-41" chest at 5'10" with an athletic build. Ironically, I have very similar all over measurements to Renner (except for my hands, those tiny blasted things...). My jacket falls on me almost exactly the way it does on Renner, and I can comfortably wear my Vince shirt and and "vintage fleece" hoodie from J. Crew (which is a little thick. Also be advised, that R&B jacket is NOT warm :lol:).

That being said, if anyone finds a medium but would prefer a small, I would probably be willing to make a trade. I have a medium in the Black color, and I feel like the arms are quite a bit roomier in that one, almost to the point of being too big.

Also, Schlegel , good eye on the hoods of the hoodies. I feel like those, the t-shirts, and the Henley will be hardest to identify next to the brown jacket.
Model was 37 inch chest! Yes, after trying it on with all the multiple appropriate layers under I think I would fit in an XL just fine, with a slight chance the stretch would let me squeeze into a L. you need to be over 6 foot or 46+ chest to really need the xxl. Maybe if enough of us end up with off sizes we can do round Robin trades, LOL.

Model was 37 inch chest!
That is ridiculously skinny for 6' tall...
Maybe if enough of us end up with off sizes we can do round Robin trades, LOL.
That's not a terrible idea! :lol:
Here's the bow I made using the 3D files from Prop Way.
I've looked at his files a few times, they seem like he at least looked at the bow before modeling it haha. Is it true that he hollowed out the "sight" so that someone could put a laser pointer or something in there? Also, out of curiosity, what's the AMO length on the finished bow?

A t-shirt picture. E2.
Charcoal? Dark gray anyway.
Short.. not tucked in but still just a little below the top edge of the jeans.
Well fitted, very little excess material at waist and arms. Looks light and flowing in motion, not a thick weave. I'm thinking to go with a True Classic Tshirt as a suitable placeholder.

Attachments

• actor-jeremy-renner-hawkeye-tv-show-episode-2.png
    actor-jeremy-renner-hawkeye-tv-show-episode-2.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 132
I've looked at his files a few times, they seem like he at least looked at the bow before modeling it haha. Is it true that he hollowed out the "sight" so that someone could put a laser pointer or something in there? Also, out of curiosity, what's the AMO length on the finished bow?
He did hollow out the sight, but I plan on making something out of foam that looks like the pre-fired grappling hook in the show.

Not sure how to measure AMO length though

Is it at all possible that he’s rocking 2 different Rag and Bones jackets? The colors in various pics seem so vastly different despite natural lighting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back