The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Sorry to barge in on you all's thread but has any one id'd the bow yao fei used as well as the one shado uses? I would love to know, I'm an archer any Q's about the archery side of things I can help with.

Sent from my BLU DASH 5.0 using Tapatalk

Anyone know a decent string to use on a prop Kestrel bow?

This one... ;)
photo-4.JPG

anyone have any good shots of the season 4 four arrow suits back?
I think Stephen Amell put a picture on either his twitter or Instagram of him in the suit facing away from the camera and that was quite a good pic of it. Sorry to be vague, I'm just about to go to school so I haven't got time to check his twitter and Instagram sorry.

Hey there I'm as you can tell brand new to the thread an i'm sorry to ask a question that was probably answered in one of the many many pages but i'm looking to start archery an was thinking of making my bow a resemble the season 1 version but was wondering why cant I use an adult bow? I know everyone says its the 48 matrix Jr but I wouldn't be swinging it around or doing tricks with it just target archery no going to cons with it. So I was wondering would it be possible to make a season 1 ragim matrix bow but be able to use it at home and with greater weight than the young 24lbs bow? to be able to use one of the adult 40 ones? thx

Hey there I'm as you can tell brand new to the thread an i'm sorry to ask a question that was probably answered in one of the many many pages but i'm looking to start archery an was thinking of making my bow a resemble the season 1 version but was wondering why cant I use an adult bow? I know everyone says its the 48 matrix Jr but I wouldn't be swinging it around or doing tricks with it just target archery no going to cons with it. So I was wondering would it be possible to make a season 1 ragim matrix bow but be able to use it at home and with greater weight than the young 24lbs bow? to be able to use one of the adult 40 ones? thx
The design wouldn't make a very functional bow because of the clasp on the riser arrow shelf the arrow wouldn't sit very steady but if you choose to remove that you should be fine and just use a trade arrow rug rest with strike plate. The chock for the hand is okay also. The end result won't be screen accurate which is not what you should be looking for in a functional bow, only a bow that resembles the bow from the show. And still depending on the length it still won't be functional if its too short the shortest you should go with is 58", 60", or 62"(best) for an everyday bow.

The attachment piece could be the dividers that arrow shafts come with just cut. I don't know if this is true but that is what it appears to be to me.

The attachment piece could be the dividers that arrow shafts come with just cut. I don't know if this is true but that is what it appears to be to me.

This is for the forearm holster BTW.

That's exactly what they are! We just haven't identified the actual model used... yet. :unsure

Last edited:
They came with Best-selling Black 32" Adult Hunting/Targeting Practice Carbon Arrows With 3" Plastic Vanes Feathers and Replacement Screw-In Field Points (12 Pack) when i ordered them off of Amazon which were the exact arrow shafts he had in season 1-3 so maybe they went cheap and just used the ones that the arrows came with. Just a thought. also for season 4 i really like the green color of his new vanes any thoughts on that???
my bad they were used in season 3 not seasons 1-2.

They came with Best-selling Black 32" Adult Hunting/Targeting Practice Carbon Arrows With 3" Plastic Vanes Feathers and Replacement Screw-In Field Points (12 Pack) when i ordered them off of Amazon which were the exact arrow shafts he had in season 1-3 so maybe they went cheap and just used the ones that the arrows came with. Just a thought. also for season 4 i really like the green color of his new vanes any thoughts on that???

That's exactly what they are! We just haven't identified the actual model used... yet. :unsure
The arrows used in the show are indeed carbon, the nocks are easton super nocks and the broad heads are the Eskimo 2 blade broad heads. They never used vanes in the arrow series, they always use fletchings (feathers) that were hand dyed.
my bad they were used in season 3 not seasons 1-2.

The arrows used in the show are indeed carbon, the nocks are easton super nocks and the broad heads are the Eskimo 2 blade broad heads. They never used vanes in the arrow series, they always use fletchings (feathers) that were hand dyed.

These are not vanes they are the arrows themselves and I am saying that the dividers these came with when i ordered them look like the forearm dividers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back