The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

A friend of mine who's currently making his own Arrow costume asked me to help him find some tri-bars for his quiver rig but wasn't sure about the width of the straps. This is the tri-bar I found and can get plenty of:
tribar.jpg

This is a 38mm tri-bar (total width is 47mm as written in the photo). Does 38mm or about 1 1/2" seem right for the quiver straps? Just need an opinion on whether or not he should get these. Thanks!

A friend of mine who's currently making his own Arrow costume asked me to help him find some tri-bars for his quiver rig but wasn't sure about the width of the straps. This is the tri-bar I found and can get plenty of:
View attachment 410912

This is a 38mm tri-bar (total width is 47mm as written in the photo). Does 38mm or about 1 1/2" seem right for the quiver straps? Just need an opinion on whether or not he should get these. Thanks!
we've already identified the ring from what I can remember but good job man :)

Found a leather jacket on etsy the pics they had on the site where Photoshop but I contacted someone who bought the jacket sent me these View attachment 407568 the colour is great the hood is meh not keen apparently it does t have the back details or stretch Jersey but I'm asking them if they can make alterations even like this I really like the jacket

Is the hood more of a true green or an olive green?

View attachment 410912

The triglides are 1" width for the straps.

The triglides are 1" width for the straps.

Are you sure? Just asking because I have gone through YKK's entire catalog for multiple countries and the 38mm ones were the only ones with those weird circles on the middle piece and I know he's wanting to be as accurate as possible. Thanks for the info, all.

Pretty sure, the wider strap is 1.5" wide. I scaled both of these from a few other tells.

I gave up trying to find those exact tri-glides as you cannot get them at the right size, coupled with the fact you never see them. I doubt the Season 3 ones are the same ones from the pilot...where they could have grabbed any from anywhere. What makes you think they are YKK?

Pretty sure, the wider strap is 1.5" wide. I scaled both of these from a few other tells.

I gave up trying to find those exact tri-glides as you cannot get them at the right size, coupled with the fact you never see them. I doubt the Season 3 ones are the same ones from the pilot...where they could have grabbed any from anywhere. What makes you think they are YKK?

YKK is one of the biggest manufacturers of buckles, tri-glides, fasteners, etc on the planet so it seemed like it would be a good common place to look. Also I have larger version of the 38mm tri-glide (the one I have is 50mm) and the basic structure except for those circles is remarkably the same. It was only after finding the 38mm version with the circles that I had to ask for my friend since he thought they were the correct ones. I checked 60mm, 50mm, 38mm, and 25mm of the same series of tri-glides and only 38mm had them. So here I am asking the experts.

I think you are definitely on the right track as far as the Tri-Glide style for sure, but the actual PolyPro webbing there is 1". Perhaps they made 1" at one point, or another company with similar designs. Plastic parts are so many!

I think you are definitely on the right track as far as the Tri-Glide style for sure, but the actual PolyPro webbing there is 1". Perhaps they made 1" at one point, or another company with similar designs. Plastic parts are so many!

See the reason why I question the width of the webbing is because of this photo here that Pinder posted (that I edited):
quiverWidth.png

If the width of the arrow's shaft is approximately a 1/4" or 0.25" and I use that measurement (the white box) to determine the width of the webbing, I get 1 1/2" wide webbing. Does that make sense?

I scaled those myself as well. The arrow shafts would actually be around 9.3mm, which is a little over 0.25".

I scaled the belt on the waist to be 2", the wide quiver one at 1.5" and the thinner parts 1". The leg straps there would also be 1.5". Along with scaling other known parts to compare, these are what I came up with when I did my first quiver.

I scaled those myself as well. The arrow shafts would actually be around 9.3mm, which is a little over 0.25".

I scaled the belt on the waist to be 2", the wide quiver one at 1.5" and the thinner parts 1". The leg straps there would also be 1.5". Along with scaling other known parts to compare, these are what I came up with when I did my first quiver.

Ok, so the bar glide I found is right for the wider quiver strap in that pic with the circles on the middle bar of the tri-glide?

Thanks for the info, guys. You are really helping my buddy out. :)

Well, well, well.

It's been awhile since this thread has had a costume item update. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been identified yet.

Cruising through the archery section at my local Dick's Sporting Goods, I couldn't help but notice some arm guards that had a very familiar looking clip. Something like this...

il_340x270.449013319_6wvz.jpg

Can you see where I'm headed with this?

There were 2 models of arm guard on the shelf. One had 4 straps. The other had 2 straps. Neither caused me to take a second glance. I bought the 4 strap version with the intention of cannibalizing the clips. Why not, right? The price was great.

So, I sent the following picture to Primrodo to discuss the clips I had found.

photo-1.JPG

A few minutes later, (I'm glad he decided to investigate further) he comes back with...

THE SEASON 1 FOREARM QUIVER/ARM GUARD/FLECHETTE HOLDER

Based on how crudely made (by the costume department) the Season 1 forearm quiver is, it is fairly apparent where the base came from.

Allen Company 3-Strap Arm Guard - http://allencompany.net/archery/armguards-gloves-tabs/saddlecloth-armguard.html
514VyJE537L.jpg

The overall shape, strap location/material/construction, and the clips all point to this being the base used during the first season. Not to mention if you look at the super high-res pics from SDCC, you can see for yourself.

arrow-green-arrow-05.jpgarrow-green-arrow-15.jpg

The hunt for the rubber shaft holders that were added to this is still on. My guess is they're right under our noses.

(The revised forearm quiver used since Season 2 was made from scratch, but patterned after this original.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back