The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Ordered from GoodBoatGear.com

They had the best price + shipping on the Seadog 6" polished brass strap, though they were out of stock. They got new stock in within a week so it wasn't a problem.

I had to cut the pin so I could remove the center section on each hinge. Once you do that, the hinge pin will fall out of one side, but one end of the pin is soldered/welded/otherwise bonded in place, so you have to drill out one side.

You know, I may just start my own build thread and detail all the parts and mods.

I would be intrested in seeing that too
Doesn't anyone know wich Chinese words he has on his Abs would like to stencil them for my cosplay this summer
By the way i'm looking for someone who has the correct arrowhead and nock in spare i've made a wtb in junkyard ;)
Great thread so far

First of all, I just want to say that this is an amazing thread. Pinder, I want to thank you. I'd found some of this information before, like the gloves, an even saw the same specific post about the season 1 bow that you did. I've been a longtime lurker on this forum, as costuming has always been an interest of mine, I could just never (and still can't) afford it. But this thread just spoke to me, and I knew I had to join. You and everyone else who has contributed have confirmed all this information, which will take the hassle out of this for me, whenever I can finally afford it. So, again, I thank all of you.

Now, as a Green Arrow enthusiast and fan (comics, Smallville, and Arrow), I have some of my own information I'd like to contribute.

I'm also a huge fan of keeping fit, and I have few workouts based on the show if anyone would be interested.
I'm also into tattoos, and have three of them, all of which are "nerd" tattoos. Interestingly enough, they are all "Arrow-ish" in nature (with a few differences ;p ). In place of the Bratva star, I have the Supernatural anti-possession symbol, and then on my back left shoulder, I have Shado's dragon, albeit mine is the comic version. I also have Mandarin symbols where good ol' Ollie does, but I have six instead of four characters, and mine at more modern and mean "having no limitation as limitation" (Bruce Lee JKD).
Now, to answer stargatefan1988's question about Oliver's Chinese tattoos, they actually don't mean anything when put together. Individually, the symbols mean, from top to bottom, mouse, ginger, Yao (often a surname), and pig. The inclusion of Yao makes me REALLY curious as to what they are going to do for the story for that particular tattoo...

Anyways, sorry about the wordy post, but I will be following this thread religiously!

Welcome to the forums, Chris! I'm glad you joined in. Definitely keep your eyes on this thread as not everything has been revealed yet. ;)

I'm also a huge fan of keeping fit, and I have few workouts based on the show if anyone would be interested.

As both a costumer who believes in keeping fit AND as a giant nerd, this appeals to me greatly.

I spent the last six months on a Dredd-themed workout, so maybe it's time to branch out.

Fantastic thread!
Very helpful too, I'm currently saving for the Kestrel and thought it would be fun to kit things out screen accurate. Looks like I'll be spending the day trying to locate arrow parts ;)

I think an Arrow based workout routine would be a great idea and an excellent addition to The RPF Fit Club thread or you could even start your own thread over in the Off Topic area.

Now, since it's been awhile since any real info has been spilled... I've got a fresh can of beans! :ninja

THE SUPER HIDDEN AND TOTALLY UNNECESSARY "SUSPENDERS" OR BRACES AS THEY ARE PROPERLY CALLED

You may remember this picture...

July312013-006.jpg

or this one...

July152013-010.jpg

That's right. Our boy wears suspenders (braces! braces! braces!) under that jacket.

In my hunt for suspenders, (because let's face it, we ALL want these for our costumes. Right?! Right?? No??? Just me?!?! :lol ) I came across these "Molise Silk Suspenders".

molise-black-silk-tuxedo-suspenders__21179.1361822355.1280.1280.jpg
BR-4314N-2SDOB-SB-BLK-alt__87486.1366751239.1280.1280.jpg

Now these appear to a "knockoff" of sorts of a product made by...

Trafalgar - Classic Convertible Stretch Brace: More Colors Available SKU: 08122160TF0300111SIZ - TrafalgarStore.com - TrafalgarStore.com

WEB_2160TF03_001_cl.jpg

Same thing, right? More or less. The base material looks to be the same (it's stretchy). The hardware, leather pieces, and stitching are the key differences. But biggest difference I noticed is that the "Molise Silk" model uses the same material for the bottom section (vertical portion of the back Y), whereas the Trafalgar uses plain jane black elastic. The elastic and the leather fitting found at the end of it appear to match all of the behind the scenes pictures I can find. Granted, it appears as though wardrobe did alter these suspenders slightly (the Trafalgar's are built to button and/or clip to pants).

Here's mine that I picked up at my local Nordstrom (Trafalgar Convertible Nylon Suspenders | Nordstrom)

65F96695-3423-4CD9-B94A-BEA60603482A_zpslblqqcu4.jpg

BE043665-6DE7-4277-86D0-458698925ABD_zpsf4f5jyf2.jpg

3A73CE28-CFFF-48D2-843C-FD1E3D0C2A98_zpsiyd2mrbf.jpg

UPDATE: 2/12 - The Trafalgar braces have been confirmed to not be the correct brand, though they are VERY close. The search continues.

Last edited:
Hi, first off excellent thread, I've just started watching the first season, up to episode 6 so far and it's brilliant. I'm looking at making the bow from the first season myself, the Ragim Matrix jr. 48". But is this actually attainable in the UK? As everywhere I look I can only find it in the US. It may just be my rubbish search skills but is there any Brits on here that have bough them from abroad? And have you had any issues? Cheers guys and gals :D:thumbsup

Don't worry, Pinder, you aren't the only one who wants suspenders for your suit xD And just for clarification, I had no intention of hijacking your thread with workout information ;p But as I'm not able to post in the Fit Club or Off Topic threads yet, as soon as I'm able I will post the info/links for those who want it. Now, onward with the Arrow costuming! >>------->

Awesome guys! Just ordered my costume and ordering the correct bow + all the nifty little bits!

I'm having a hard time trying to find the hinges in Australia. Postage costs more than the actual hinges :(

I will post pics when completed!

EDIT: wow it will cost $70 for the hinges :sick , this is going to hurt my wallet. All up the bow is going to cost me more than my costume lol! Bloody Australia XD On the plus side I can hang it in a glass case on a wall.

Where did you buy your bow from? Im also in Australia

Great info christrails thanks mate. Can you pm me the links if that's ok? Im still debating whether or not to do this 1st season bow or the 2nd season bow as its the current one, but im not to fond of the 2nd season bow I dont like the limbs. The 1st season bow has more character.

I would be intrested in seeing that too
Doesn't anyone know wich Chinese words he has on his Abs would like to stencil them for my cosplay this summer
By the way i'm looking for someone who has the correct arrowhead and nock in spare i've made a wtb in junkyard ;)
Great thread so far

The kanji are

鼠 "nezumi" in Japanese, but the same meaning in Chinese I'm sure, "rat/mouse"
姜 "kyou" in Japanese, but meaning "ginger" the food, not the colour so much..(usually with 生姜 meaning "raw ginger" here)
姚 "you" in Japanese, meaning "thin and beautiful"....Oddly? 
猪 And "inoshishi" in Japanese, meaning "boar" or "wild pig"

It's an exceedingly random collection of things to write on yourself...Is all I can say....I had to search for "You", since that's a rare kanji here, but I'd guess that the Chinese meanings are close or exactly the same as those of the Japanese...Sometimes words take on slightly different nuances when they were used by the Japanese, but in the main, kanji follow meanings exactly, or close enough to the original Chinese to make the difference minimal....Those are the meanings, as best as I can tell....

A bit baffling really...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back