The Dark Knight Rises (Post-release)

Um, they did that bit in The Dark Knight.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Yeah with Mr. Reese going on TV saying he knows who Batman is.

And I think the reason he didn't have a tumbler in TDKR is because of two reasons. First, being that since he wrecked his in TDK and started using the Bat-Pod, he didn't know there was more which leads to reason number 2, Lucious says in TDKR rises that he was consolidating all the supplies from around the world and putting it under one roof so Bruce probably didn't know about the other safe houses with other Tumblers in them.

Plus, he got The Bat, why go back to a car when you have an aircraft. :)

heres something that has peeved me since watching the movie. no batmobile in this one......why? if bruce took 8 years off, surely hes got enough time to goto wayne enterprises prototype devision and steal another one of the tumblers that are stored there.

not only that, how is it never explained how no one mentions the prototype tumbler is being used by batman yet surely the tumbler comes from wayne enterprises. wouldnt it be easy to figure out who batman is at that point. obviously its someone in the company.
One thing I was seriously hoping to see once I heard the whole '8 years later' bit was that we'd see a fully established BATCAVE with the rebuilt Wayne Manor complete with the correct 'clock entrance' from the comic-- plus a more traditional Batmobile.
Only when I actually saw the movie opening night did I realize that not only was it 8 years later, it was 8 years of no Batman. :angry

A minor issue though- once i saw the movie it didn't disappoint

The way I see it, the Bat Pod was WAAAAY over powered in both movies. What should have been a simple escape vehicle that could get you somewhere fast turned into something that almost makes the Tumbler look like a go kart.

The way I see it, the Bat Pod was WAAAAY over powered in both movies. What should have been a simple escape vehicle that could get you somewhere fast turned into something that almost makes the Tumbler look like a go kart.

How do you figure this? He uses the Bat-pod for like 20 min in TDK, only thing worthy that he did with it is use the grappel gun on it to flip the semi. Then in the TDKR, he uses it to track down the motorcycles and then gives it to Catwoman to shoot a hole in the wall. The only thing I can see being over powered about it is the guns.

To me TDKR was an imperfect cap to the series. I just can't wrap my head around a Batman who takes an 8 year hiatus. He's the ******* Batman. He fights crime. Bruce Wayne is his facade. Not the other way around. Begins and TDK seemed to understand this.

I think it all comes down to a logical fallacy. The murders of his parents propels him into this life, but the murder of his childhood friend/love interest shakes him out of it? Seems to me like he should have gone even further down the rabbit hole, so to speak.

It was a fun enough movie, but it didn't have any of the manic glee of TDK and the 8 years off premise felt hollow to me as a person with more than passing knowledge of Batman (and comics in general for that matter).

How do you figure this? He uses the Bat-pod for like 20 min in TDK, only thing worthy that he did with it is use the grappel gun on it to flip the semi. Then in the TDKR, he uses it to track down the motorcycles and then gives it to Catwoman to shoot a hole in the wall. The only thing I can see being over powered about it is the guns.

How about the way it moves? Can you honestly say that the way the wheels rotate sideways as being practical, especially when it doesn't even shake the vehicle up? It's not perfectly rounded. It has edges. If you rotate something with edges, it's going to bump around like crazy.

Yeah I don't get that either. Looks WAY cool but aren't the guns on the sides of the front wheel? They would be mangled to pieces if the wheels spun like that.

How about the way it moves? Can you honestly say that the way the wheels rotate sideways as being practical, especially when it doesn't even shake the vehicle up? It's not perfectly rounded. It has edges. If you rotate something with edges, it's going to bump around like crazy.

I agree with the practicality of it being a little non-realistic but it is possible to have the tires rotate and not hit the guns on the side. If while it's rotating, it only lands on the rubber and then bounces over the gun and hits rubber again. Just spitballing but that seems plausible.

I agree with the practicality of it being a little non-realistic but it is possible to have the tires rotate and not hit the guns on the side. If while it's rotating, it only lands on the rubber and then bounces over the gun and hits rubber again. Just spitballing but that seems plausible.

that might be true at speed, but he rotates the batpod (while stopped) with the rear tire only right before he fires on the carhauler and escapes from the cops.

what i meant above about people should know who batman is because he uses a wayne enterprises tumbler (yes i know the dude tried to bribe fox with the info in tdk) but shouldnt LOTS of people know this, not just one dude?

that might be true at speed, but he rotates the batpod (while stopped) with the rear tire only right before he fires on the carhauler and escapes from the cops.

what i meant above about people should know who batman is because he uses a wayne enterprises tumbler (yes i know the dude tried to bribe fox with the info in tdk) but shouldnt LOTS of people know this, not just one dude?

Ooh that's right. I forgot about that. Yeah, there is no explaining that one...

And that is somewhat true I guess. How many of those people actually know they are Wayne Enterprises items though? They are all prototypes that never made it into production and how everyone asks Fox all the time what these items are and do (microwave emitter for example), he seems to be the only person with actual knowledge of these items so I dont see the general population all figuring it out that it's Bruce Wayne.

I finally had a chance to watch this movie today.

IMO, What a long, confusing, head scratching, stupid BORING mess. :facepalm

I can't believe I made it through all 2 hours 45 minutes. Everyone
I watched it with (We had a small viewing party) kept asking what
they hell was even going on half the time.

The whole broken spine/come back was the icing on this cow turn of a film. There was so much wrong with this movie that I wont even bother typing it all out as I was to forget it.

Thank god it is the last one of the series. :sick

The whole broken spine/come back was the icing on this cow turn of a film. There was so much wrong with this movie that I wont even bother typing it all out as I was to forget it.

I am actually not surprised to see this reaction from you since I know how much you hate the Tumbler and the Nolan Universe based on your posts.

Butttt.......you didn't like a single second of the film? And why were you confused? The movie is not a mystery-thriller-find-out-who-the-bad-guy-is film.

Bad guy stirs and threatens Gotham. Batman must find the strength to make a comeback and save Gotham and in turn clearing his name.What's to be confused about?

About the batpod riding sideways, I don't think it can go like that very far, its just to make 360° easier, even if when selina was in a pursuit, she made it slide sideways at one point, but nor further than a few feet. I remember seeing a mythbusters episode where they tried several shapes of wheel, including a square wheel, and it did work, as long as it was going slow and not for too long. So It might be possible for the batpod to actually do that, providing the cannon have some protection tire-like material or something strong enough not to break during the rolling.
The cannons are not "guns", they were there to blast walls and car tires and such, not to kill people, so I don't see the problem there. It's not like it had a machine gun mounted on the roof...

Well, it wasn't just me who was confused by the whole thing.
The whole group of people had to keep asking what was even going
on. Seemed like just a bunch of random scenes cut together.

That and it was a pain having to rewind and turn up the volume so we could even understand have of what batman and Bane we saying during the film.

The movie itself should have been a hour shorter.

Then the, he walks with a cane, then he dances freely, then back to the cane. Next he puts on his Forest Gump leg brace and can suddenly kick through walls. Really?

The only thing anyone here watching it got out of it was noticing the name Sandy hook on the map they had. being in CT, it stoof out with
the shooting we had recently.

Only good part of the film watch watching Bale getting his due rewards by being blown up at the end!

Clooneys batman movie was Oscar material compaired to this one. At least THAT one was entertaining to some degree.

Oh, and I like the tumbler design, just not as a Batmobile. But it just went up on my like list compaired to the Bat (a flying beetle with arms). Uggghhhh.

Last edited:
The only thing anyone here watching it got out of it was noticing the name Sandy hook on the map they had. being in CT, it stoof out with
the shooting we had recently.

Only good part of the film watch watching Bale getting his due rewards by being blown up at the end!

Ok. Two things.

First, what map are you referring to? I would love to see that.

Second, you do know that Bale lives at the end right? He doesn't get blown up.

Ok. Two things.

First, what map are you referring to? I would love to see that.

Second, you do know that Bale lives at the end right? He doesn't get blown up.

The map is 1 hour, 58 minutes in. Gordon has the map laid out with a couple of walkie talkies laying on it. The Sandy hook name is in the lower right hand corner of the map. It's a fairly quick scene but if you pause it, it is there plain as day.

As far as Bale being alive, I thought that was one of Alfreds flash backs again like he had earlier in the film. Just another one of those confusing scenes I guess.

The longer I am away from it the less I like the movie. I didn't think it was confusing, but it certainly was boring. My main gripe more than anything is that we spend so much time on Bruce Wayne there is almost no time with Batman. While I love character development in a film, I paid the money at a midnight premier to see Batman character development. The movie was very much like a poorly written comic book, laughable plot, bad villains, and you couldn't wait til it was over so you could be done with it. It's the only Batman film I don't own. I understand Nolan's vision but I hope we get something a little closer to Avengers next time and not this.

The map is 1 hour, 58 minutes in. Gordon has the map laid out with a couple of walkie talkies laying on it. The Sandy hook name is in the lower right hand corner of the map. It's a fairly quick scene but if you pause it, it is there plain as day.

As far as Bale being alive, I thought that was one of Alfreds flash backs again like he had earlier in the film. Just another one of those confusing scenes I guess.

Awesome. Next time I watch it, I will definitely look for it!

And ok, I see how that can be confusing. Basically, Bale listened to Alfred and gave up his mantle as Batman and he chose Officer Blake hence why Blake had directions and went to the Batcave at the end of the film. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back