Limited Run The Dark Knight Bat Saw

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE:
I got the quotes back on having these parts 3D printed in resin and the price is very good. Resin prints will actually be much easier to sand the resolution lines off!!

So here are the details....

Pricing for a group run of five kits, of which I want two... so I need three people to proceed

A kit for one saw will cost $50.00 + shipping

The kit will include
saw blade Quantity 1 (resin print)
saw blade mount Quantity 1 (resin print)
saw cylinder A Quantity 1 (resin print)
saw cylinder B Quantity 1 (resin print)
saw hinge cap Quantity 2 (resin print)
Neodymium Magnets Quantity 4
aluminum hinge pin 1

The printing will take approximately a month then I will ship the parts... So six to eight weeks from when we start.

So let me know if the price is acceptable and you're still interested. I will be requiring a $25.00 deposit to start the process. The rest, plus shipping when the kits are ready to ship. Thank you to everyone for helping make this happen!!!

Signup...
1) 13doctorwho COMPLETE
2) Zettijosh SHIPPED!
3) gregday SHIPPED!
4) mbmcfarland SHIPPED!
5) jhusel DEPOSIT SHIPPED!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Original Information

My latest Batman prop project is the Saw from The Dark Knight. It is used in the scene where Batman cut's out the brick at a murder scene to analyze the shattered bullet. The Dark Knight Manual has all the information I needed to start.

I've modeled it in fusion. It is hinged so the handle folds and the blade is removable. I have made one for me and was pretty happy with it so I am considering offer a kit. Right now I'm seeing if there is any interest. So if you are interested please respond to this thread. It would be a 3D printed kit and require finishing. I can include magnets if people want them. Not sure on the price yet. Here are some pictures of the model and my prototype (the wall hanger will not be included).

The reference images I used.

Bat Saw diagrams.jpg

Bat Saw Assembly 04072020.jpg

Bat Saw Assembly COLLAPSED.jpg

The completed prototype
The Dark Knight Bat Saw Post.jpg

Last edited:
Just a small update. I changed the model to accommodate magnets. The prop uses for magnets. Two attach the blade carrier to the main body and the other tool lock the two cylinders in the open position.

Here is a cross section showing the parts
Batsaw Magnetic Version assembly v5 cross section.jpg

The complete model
Batsaw Magnetic Version assembly v5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm costing 3D printing now that I'm more happy with the model. I also need to order the magnets and rod to cut hinge pins. So I should have some pricing information soon so we can see if it's reasonable. I'll update this thread when I know more.

All the deposits are paid!! I will place the order when the printer sends me their PayPal information. Thank you for participating in this run!!

The parts have been printed and they're on their way to me for kitting. They are coming from Singapore, so it will be a few weeks before I have them. Here are the pictures they sent me.

1f8e9f5e152c0d88da4005f778b18e1.jpg

82b00b39f5f2590d790c48f281220cb.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back