The Dark Crystal Mystic head 1:1 Replica

Wow, beautiful work (as always) Jason.

How do you think you'll eventually mount the finished head? I don't have a green ball on a stick ;) Will there be some sort of neck extension or something? Just trying to figure out how I might display this.

Last edited:
Wow, beautiful work (as always) Jason.

How do you think you'll eventually mount the finished head? I don't have a green ball on a stick ;) Will there be some sort of neck extension or something? Just trying to figure out how I might display this.

From the conversations I have had with Jason drunk and sober I gathered the idea is there will be a portion of the neck sculpted that then can be mounted to a base like a wall plaque.

I will provide the head but you guys will have to figure out how to mount them :lol

I have a few ideas we can try once I got them casted that ill post.

And btw Amish was drunk not me I dont drink :lol

Confession! I'm not familiar with your work and from the first pics I wasn't sure whether this was going to end up as a top tier piece. Stupid to try to judge something from the early stages but something looked a bit off somehow to me, like it was going to end up as about an 80-85% sculpt. What BS, you're nailing it, this is 100% good stuff and I totally want one. :D

Now I am *really* looking forward to seeing what you do with the SG helmet project if that goes ahead. Did you ever get your Anubis head, by the way?

Thanks yeah i know its hard to judge early on what someone can do with a project.
Yes I did get my anubis head it was cracked a little but I got it.The project will def. go forward soon.

Not much to report Im just adding wrinkles and doing some texture work and lines.Here are some new pics.

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

Looking good so far. Where did you get the measurements?
I thought Im the only one who knows it because I owned the original...
BTW did you use my photos as reference?

Im using the making of the dark crystal book as my primary ref. but do have some assorted pics from the net.As for size I used objects in some of the pictures to come up with what i think is the right size.It appears from your pic Im pretty darn close in my guestimations.

No I'm sculpting my own so I dont really need a casting.But thanks
The head you pictured looks really nice.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back