The CW's Arrow

Hmm. It looks promising, but I hope this guy doesn't keep Oliver so... GRIM... all the time. One of the things I liked about Green Arrow on Smallville was that he was charming and had a sense of humor as well as being a badass.

Hmm. It looks promising, but I hope this guy doesn't keep Oliver so... GRIM... all the time. One of the things I liked about Green Arrow on Smallville was that he was charming and had a sense of humor as well as being a badass.

In the comics Oliver was always a bit of a wiseguy towards authority figures and in how he presented his views on the world (though i doubt they do anything regarding his political views on a show for teens). Now they think heroes all need to be grim like Batman or Wolverine.

Based on the trailer, looks like they are giving this less a taste of Smallville, and more the flavor of Batman Begins with some Tony Stark (movie origin) thrown in.
Wondering how this will fare to viewers who are unfamiliar with the character and only know Hawkeye - thanks to the broad apeal and success of The Avengers.

The guys in marketing nixed it. Apparently everyone was expecting a cape, then got angry when there was no cape. This was followed by long discussions about "Why would he have a cape if he has to pull arrows from a quiver," but hey, you know how focus groups get, right?

The guys in marketing nixed it. Apparently everyone was expecting a cape, then got angry when there was no cape. This was followed by long discussions about "Why would he have a cape if he has to pull arrows from a quiver," but hey, you know how focus groups get, right?

so they nixed it but its still on thier schedule?

If it's by the smallville group, it's probably a multiyear plan to show his evolution into 'Green Arrow' so i n the beginning, he'll just be a hard ass or something who has to evolve to be the guy we all know as 'Green Arrow'. In the interim, he'll just be the 'Arrow'.

If it's by the smallville group, it's probably a multiyear plan to show his evolution into 'Green Arrow' so i n the beginning, he'll just be a hard ass or something who has to evolve to be the guy we all know as 'Green Arrow'. In the interim, he'll just be the 'Arrow'.

But... But... But... He already has the costume in the trailer. Doesn't look like they're waiting 10 years to give him his super hero identity... :facepalm

Not his identity. They're doing a reverse job here and waiting to give him his personality :)

So they're gonna wait 10 seasons before giving him a personality? He's just gonna be hell-bent on revenge all that time? :facepalm

...I don't know why I'm being such a butt about this show. :lol:facepalm:rolleyes

I'll give it a shot, but if it's from the smallville crew my expectations will be low - and maybe that's a good thing.

If this is pre-smallville, does that mean it ends when he meets Clark? Hard to ignore that aspect when he was in Smallville for like 4 years, if not more. They need to do one of these where they can go well into the characters prime.

The CW's Arrow...what do you think?

I'm sure many of you have heard about the CW's new show Arrow...what do you think of the re-imagined Oliver Queen?

Not sure what I think yet haven't got a lot of details but I will watch & see. Must support any show like this at first at least so they will know there is an audience for it, and will continue making shows of the like. I like Smallville but wish they make this one a little darker and more realistic in feel. I just hope they don't make it campy.

Based on the pilot shown at SDCC it's not campy. It sure felt darker and more grounded than Smallville. There was certainly less to snark about than in Smallville.

Not sure I'd watch it long-term though. Not a big Ollie fan, and if the lead has no personality what's the point?

Thought I would share this pic, for those that hadn't seen it.
It was released a few months ago.

arrowfirstimagesmall.jpg

I'll give it a chance only because John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who/Torchwood) is going to be in it as a/the "well dressed man."

To paraphrase Ivan Drago from Rocky IV...

"If it sucks, it sucks."

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back