The CW's Arrow

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Any know what the exact model of Oneida Bow this is in the premier?

Jason.... Thanks for the company name. It looks like a Black Eagle to me. The last one was a Samick Red Stag the limbs have been on back order for forever. Recurve Instinctive Archery rules.... Compound drools. I knew they were going to have to go compound eventually. All you folks that want to recreate this bow pull out your bank rolls. This bow is not as inexpensive as the Red Stag.

If it helps identify it :
6yw7.png

kpxb.png

Judging by the handle, it looks more like a Kestrel, but with limbs maybe, or customise somehow.

Last edited:

If it helps identify it :
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/1156/6yw7.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/8561/kpxb.png

Judging by the handle, it looks more like a Kestrel, but with limbs maybe, or customise somehow.

Awesome pic Teragon.... I am still leaning to the Black Eagle riser(handle). Check out the pic below and tell us what you think. This is the Black Eagle riser without the limbs. Think of it without the Truglow site on the top. The wheels are not as noticeable and the hole arrangement don't seem quite right to your pics. But this is the closest I could find.

image.jpg

This got me curious, so I dug a bit and did a side by side comparison with every model they have, I'm fairly certain they used a Kestrel as a base, unless they machined Kestrel holes in another model :

jx99.png

(arrow/kestrel)

Or it is fully custom made and they just used the kestrel hole pattern. Bad luck either, it's the most expensive model they carry !

Last edited:

Just watched tonight's episode...so they're expanding the universe to include the Flash and Ra's Al Ghul. Is Lex Luthor next?

That was on great episode to start the season 2 ! I wonder if there will be a change of costume to go with the new name ? I like the current one, but technically speaking, you can't rename a brand without changing the packaging and hope people won't still call it by the old name, that's basic marketing :lol I say keep everything but the hood and replace it by a mask of some sort. Would even be easier to shoot I guess !

I kept thinking the same thing while watching the recent episode ... How could he possibly expect to be considered a good guy if he doesn't change both his looks and tactics?? I really don't want the "Robin Hood" look, some sort of cross between Batman and Hawkeye could keep his costume grounded in reality, offer some protection, and functionality.

Finally, Black Canary ... Yeowser!! Smoking hot ... I hope they give us some back story on how she went from spoiled little sister to super-powered, butt-kicking vigilante.

Well, Ra's Al Ghul seems to be part of the answer !
This show is getting better each episode, my guess is that when Roy will get his suit, maybe Oliver will wear a new one too.
I do wonder if this is how Slade Wilson lost his eye, he seemed to have been given the Nolan two-face treatment with his face on fire. Manu Bennet wouldn't tell anything about his role and how he's going to be Deathstroke, but he insisted on us watching episode 9 !

So it would seem that Malcolm Merlyn was part of the League of Assassins, given that Messenger Boy was wearing the same outfit.

Also, anyone else notice that the name of the ship at the end was "Amazo"?

So it would seem that Malcolm Merlyn was part of the League of Assassins, given that Messenger Boy was wearing the same outfit.

That would make sense ... Just like in TDK the LoA found Gotham to be worthy of destroying because it became too decadent. Inciting the Glades to overrun the rest of Starling City by creating that earthquake seems like their M/O.

This is a great show. I don't think DC needs to go the same route Marvel did. Just keep releasing your characters into these TV shows. Maybe eventually have them team up in a TV miniseries, or a theatrical release.

Batman would make a great TV show. Could be a great way to introduce Martian Manhunter too.

Last edited:

I don't do the comics, but how 'batman' was Green Arrow?

Saw essentially the grapnel gun week 1 this year
League of Assasin's
'robin' for lack of a better word
his hq is essentially a cave (basement)

Don't get me wrong, love the show, but just curious how similar the two were (if at all) in the comics.

Don't get me wrong, love the show, but just curious how similar the two were (if at all) in the comics.

Don't read the comics either, but in the many, many cartoons I've watched. They've always seemed very similar to me. Both extremely wealthy, no real super powers, rely heavily on gadgets, have sidekicks, etc ... In the Justice League, they went as far to actually point out how similar they are in several episodes.

Yeah this show made a significant leap from borderline campy to very good this season. Can't wait for the next episode!

Loving this show. Naturally I want the new bow :p I'm curious, what is that padding about the limb mount bolts? Any ideas?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

I'm a HUGE fan of this show. I actually made my own "Arrow" costume for this Halloween and got nothing but compliments from everybody. I'm trying to put together a possible Deathstroke costume for the next Con or Halloween. So I figured I'd share what I just happened to come upon on "Amazon" Crazy right? LoL Amazon.com: BudK Exclusive Secret Agent Tactical Ninja Sword: Health & Personal Care Yes I know I wouldn't be able to use them at a Con but still pretty neat prop replica to have in a movie room.

Ah, Professor Ivo... on board a freighter named "Amazo." I wonder what his plan to save the human race is... [/sarcasm]

Loving this season so far. happy they are including more costumed character elements, and not shying away from the comic book roots like Smallville did. Black Canary, Brother Blood, Deadshot, Slade, League of Assassins, Ra's... keep it coming!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back