The Book of Boba Fett

So that spear is 15 or 20 pounds, looks like. He ends up with a pound of rings. Let her have the rest, I suppose?

I'm a little bothered that the New Republic is brand new and they're already giving people bureaucratic crap, even waaaay out in the Outer Rim.

Naboo fighters have little to no cargo space. How is he going to transport bounties, weapons, underwear, baby aliens?

I would rather Mando have willfully left that cult he was brainwashed by rather than being rejected. Yeah, I took off my helmet and I don't regret it. Have a problem with that? K, bye. Hopefully he'll come around in S3.
I really feel like this episode was a season premiere for S3. It sets up everything we need to know about the course the season will take—Mando is out on his own, he’s still clinging to the Watch but has been rejected by them. Now he needs to—what was it, purify himself in the waters of Mandalore beneath the mines? There’s your physical journey, trying to figure out how to accomplish that. Accompany his physical journey with a spiritual/intrapersonal one whereby he becomes further disenfranchised with the rigidity and zeal of the Watch. Further personified by his struggles with the darksaber. Boom, perfect bones for a season to hang on.

I was kinda hoping you'd bring this CW goofiness up. This was also well before Beskar was officially introduced as a true metal from Mandalor let alone what Mandalorian armor was made from . Why didn't they introduce it back then?
That aside, one might say "well its to protect the things mounted on it", but even TMS2 seemingly ruled that all the gaunt accessories are made of beskar too with how Mando just blocks the dark saber with no damage to any of his equipment.
Which brings this episode into further examination... Pay very careful attention to the specific dialogue said by the characters during this episode.. and even the events that happen...
"Beskar is for making armor, not weapons"... That the Spear is capable of piercing Beskar armor... The goofy tiny shield on 300lb frumpy Vislas arm... Mando injuring himself (because of course..) and FINALLY showing a gap in this impenetrable Hero shield..
Small shields did exist in real life, they weren't arm mounted but they were used. Look up bucklers, a fairly popular shield typed used during the Middle Ages and Renaissance. They worked because you were supposed to hold them out at arm's length making them effectively larger and more effective than when held close like other types of shields. So the main problem with the heavy Mando's energy bracer is not so much its size but that it's mounted to his forearm instead of being held in his hand where it would be more maneuverable and useful.

The N-1 Starfighter on the other hand is really more akin to getting a Ferrari or supercar in its impracticality for Mando's use.. HOW in the hell is he supposed to even Live out of the thing??? or store utilities?? or... well anything besides a single bounty crammed in the droid port like a body stuffed in a suitcase??
I'm sure there is still some room left for

a) one canister with frog eggs
b) a handful of head baggies (which he surely won't keep for a long time because of the smell, so the Turbo boost of the fighter is INDEED a good thing).

OK, and

c) The bottom of the droid socket may have been refurbished into a turboflush, just in case the journey takes a bit longer.

:p

I really enjoyed the exposition and lore dump from The Armorer. That was one of my favorite parts of Mando season 1, learning about the recent history of the Mandalorians/Mandalore, but this episode was packed full of new stuff.

My favorite bit was that the Darksaber has a curse, and that Bo-Katan doomed them all to ruin when she accepted the saber from Sabine without winning it in combat. That's a really cool new detail, and pretty much cements Bo-Katan in an adversarial position against Din's legitimate rule. I'm very much excited about that idea, that she may become more of a proper villain. Season 3 is shaping up to be quite the journey, with Din cast out of his clan with only a handful of allies while having to grapple with his 'dishonor' and his responsibility as protector of Grogu and potential uniter of The Mandalorian people.

Last edited:
Small shields did exist in real life, they weren't arm mounted but they were used. Look up bucklers, a fairly popular shield typed used during the Middle Ages and Renaissance. They worked because you were supposed to hold them out at arm's length making them effectively larger and more effective than when held close like other types of shields. So the main problem with the heavy Mando's energy bracer is not so much its size but that it's mounted to his forearm instead of being held in his hand where it would be more maneuverable and useful.

Honestly, if it were mounted to a plate at the top of his hand like you say, it would instantly make infinitely more sense to me than it does its current location just on its added repositionability factor on the fly alone. It unfortunately doesn't make much sense where it is where HE's so damn big and it doesn't even protect anything save his elbow as it is

And thats sadly the undertone of Disney StarWars... They're more hung up on the "this is cool" than they are 'does this actually make sense??'

Honestly, if it were mounted to a plate at the top of his hand like you say, it would instantly make infinitely more sense to me than it does its current location just on its added repositionability factor on the fly alone. It unfortunately doesn't make much sense where it is where HE's so damn big and it doesn't even protect anything save his elbow as it is

And thats sadly the undertone of Disney StarWars... They're more hung up on the "this is cool" than they are 'does this actually make sense??'
To be fair, it's not like the people behind this show would necessarily be HEMA experts or know the first thing about how to properly use a buckler. They probably got the idea initially from anime, or a computer game where somebody had an arm mounted energy shield. They then combined it with a buckler thinking that maybe a small shield, like a buckler, would be more practical. Of course, this is done without realizing that in order for a small shield like a buckler to work it needs to hand held so that it can be thrust out in front of you. I've been a Medieval/Renaissance arms and armor enthusiast for pretty much all of my life and I only learned about how to properly use a buckler relatively recently, so I can forgive the writers and/or BDH for making this mistake.

To be fair, it's not like the people behind this show would necessarily be HEMA experts or know the first thing about how to properly use a buckler. They probably got the idea initially from anime, or a computer game where somebody had an arm mounted energy shield. They then combined it with a buckler thinking that maybe a small shield, like a buckler, would be more practical. Of course, this is done without realizing that in order for a small shield like a buckler to work it needs to hand held so that it can be thrust out in front of you. I've been a Medieval/Renaissance arms and armor enthusiast for pretty much all of my life and I only learned about how to properly use a buckler relatively recently, so I can forgive the writers and/or BDH for making this mistake.
Didn’t the old (better) 2D Clone Wars do something like this too?
9EDBF3B4-D71A-4FD4-B947-545AAD6E626A.png
990CDB84-B5FA-47BA-B90D-80B10A6FC4DC.png

I was kinda hoping you'd bring this CW goofiness up. This was also well before Beskar was officially introduced as a true metal from Mandalor let alone what Mandalorian armor was made from . Why didn't they introduce it back then?
That aside, one might say "well its to protect the things mounted on it", but even TMS2 seemingly ruled that all the gaunt accessories are made of beskar too with how Mando just blocks the dark saber with no damage to any of his equipment.
Which brings this episode into further examination... Pay very careful attention to the specific dialogue said by the characters during this episode.. and even the events that happen...
"Beskar is for making armor, not weapons"... That the Spear is capable of piercing Beskar armor... The goofy tiny shield on 300lb frumpy Vislas arm... Mando injuring himself (because of course..) and FINALLY showing a gap in this impenetrable Hero shield....

A LOT of this episodes purpose, what actually happened and was said in it, really feels more like the shows writers poorly attempting to retcon again the chasm of a hole they have now dug themselves into with The Mandalorian Season 2 where they went and completely threw all the preestablished limits they'd hinted at for Beskar armor from Season 1 right out the window... and now it looks like they're now trying to introduce different grades of beskar and such like they alloy with the Dark Saber..
None of this is necessarily bad mind you... I'm all for them finally giving firm limits to that crap again... but the divide between the 'rules' for this metal in world shown in TMS1, TMS2, and this premiere episode for TMS3 shoved in when they realized how bad BoBF was going is really really jarring..

I specifically only watch the DeSpeciallized Harmy edits because of this kinda garbage on top of the fact it completely ruins the fine combative character interaction between Vader and Boba that nobody else on screen gets away with.

Shes a 14. Lotta fun though New England winters can get interesting
View attachment 1538790

So I know I made the comparison of the N-1 Naboo Starfighter to my Stang in terms of impracticality of New ship... but tbh i think I'm still way off.... A mustang is actually rather spacious inside the trunk and back seat area, and while it might not be meant for transporting friends around, if one wanted to totally Mad Max the hell out of the goddamn thing you probably could do a lot worse....

The N-1 Starfighter on the other hand is really more akin to getting a Ferrari or supercar in its impracticality for Mando's use.. HOW in the hell is he supposed to even Live out of the thing??? or store utilities?? or... well anything besides a single bounty crammed in the droid port like a body stuffed in a suitcase?? Can he even consider getting a new rifle now? I guess that options out?
Where does he sleep? Bathroom? Weapons storge? Food? Water?
You could live out of the Razor crest... You could live out of the Falcon... You could live out of Slave I even...

You CANT live out of a Starfighter anymore than Luke could live out of his X-wing(s)... Starfighters are ships that are inherently tied to planets and motherships by design... Its their one and only design purpose... No amount of modification is going to change this inherent foundational design limitation. That they literally placed Mandos "new" ship next to two more modern contemporary counterparts in the episode for a 'beat the cops' gag where the cops themselves then talk about needing to go 'back to base' should speak volumes about the oversights going on here in the writing all seemingly for a glorified 'but isnt this cool'
Dude I didn’t know you were from mass!! Where exactly?!? Nice stang!! I’ve been looking for a 93 Fox notch back since I sold one way back in 2012…

I really enjoyed the exposition and lore dump from The Armorer. That was one of my favorite parts of Mando season 1, learning about the recent history of the Mandalorians/Mandalore, but this episode was packed full of new stuff.

My favorite bit was that the Darksaber has a curse, and that Bo-Katan doomed them all to ruin when she accepted the saber from Sabine without winning it in combat. That's a really cool new detail, and pretty much cements Bo-Katan in an adversarial position against Din's legitimate rule. I'm very much excited about that idea, that she may become more of a proper villain. Season 3 is shaping up to be quite the journey, with Din cast out of his clan with only a handful of allies but having to grapple with his 'dishonor' and his responsibility as protector of Grogu and potential uniter of The Mandalorian people.
I have to say this was my favorite too! Hearing more about the darksabers “history” and how no katan is now frowned upon..

Glad we got the explained

Dude I didn’t know you were from mass!! Where exactly?!? Nice stang!! I’ve been looking for a 93 Fox notch back since I sold one way back in 2012…
Oh I'm just 20 minutes north of Boston right over by Peabody/Danvers. Right in the heart of where we're about to get 2-3ft of snow hahaha

I only just started rewatching the BoBF episodes again consecutively myself and it really does make one wonder if any of these directors actually talk to one another during development, or if they each just have entirely separate teams, people, budgets involved per episode with very little checks n' balances for story continuity save maybe running back to the core writer for the show to be "hey does this sound right" given their 'work packet' they're allotted to do. They don't play smoothly together well at all compared to even S1 and S2 of TM

Oh I'm just 20 minutes north of Boston right over by Peabody/Danvers. Right in the heart of where we're about to get 2-3ft of snow hahaha

I only just started rewatching the BoBF episodes again consecutively myself and it really does make one wonder if any of these directors actually talk to one another during development, or if they each just have entirely separate teams, people, budgets involved per episode with very little checks n' balances for story continuity save maybe running back to the core writer for the show. They dont play smoothly together well at all compared to S1 and even S2 of TM
Roughly alittle over a hour from me, don’t say the S word!!! Fingers crossed we don’t get as much as they think

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back