The Book of Boba Fett

Not to be negative but his build is totally off from the OT to TBOBF, his body language is off and the voice that has always been associated with Boba Fett is Wingreen's not Morrison's. It's probably impossible to change that but I totally respect the fact it's much easier for others to do so. At this point it's a lost cause for me and many others. Morrison's Fett feels like a different character or a stand in.

I totally get that, but what I mean is when you're watching ESB for entertainment purposes and Fett is on-screen you're probably looking at his helmet not his belt or shoes, just as you would be looking at Lando's face in the same scene and not Lando's belt or shoes- or specifically paying attention to how Lando walks.

I've been watching all the BOBF episodes each week and after todays episode I decided to watch ESB (working from home) and every time Fett was on-screen I immediately saw Temuera in my head, 'seeing' him under the helmet, because I've seen Temuera put on/take off that helmet so many times in the last 4 weeks my brain is 'seeing' his face as Fetts face now.

It's like in ROTJ, I know it's actually Leia disguised as Boushh and I've seen her take off her helmet so many times that when I watch ROTJ anytime Boushh is on-screen I can 'see' Leia as Boushh- I can see her in the costume. Same as Fett now for me.

Last edited:
He can't even speak, I'd say not long enough lol.
my point being that it's hard for me to believe that after letting Grogu go to Luke, he's just going to go back and pick him up again, unless it's a part of his training like going through Jedi trials...He's going to give him something...i don't think it's a whole beskar chain mail hoodie either...too small of a package...possibly parts he could use to construct his own lightsaber? i know the Armorer said beskar is to be used for armor not weapons so....? maybe Beskar chain gauntlets? idk

I think we are going to get CGI Luke next episode. I think that’s why Filoni is directing the next one. With more time and effort, I think they can make him look good. They hired that guy who is really good at deepfakes, so I’m thinking it will be improved from what we already saw.
Or maybe just maybe...
They will light up the Internet up by having Sebastian Stan play Luke Skywalker!!!

Not that I wouldn’t be thrilled to see Luke next episode if it’s done right, but I would be wary of them overexposing the character. Luke’s appearance in the season 2 finale was so special, and I wouldn’t want it ruined by the creators going “here he is again, and again, and again”
A bit like oh its The Daleks again...

So that spear is 15 or 20 pounds, looks like. He ends up with a pound of rings. Let her have the rest, I suppose?

I'm a little bothered that the New Republic is brand new and they're already giving people bureaucratic crap, even waaaay out in the Outer Rim.

Naboo fighters have little to no cargo space. How is he going to transport bounties, weapons, underwear, baby aliens?

I would rather Mando have willfully left that cult he was brainwashed by rather than being rejected. Yeah, I took off my helmet and I don't regret it. Have a problem with that? K, bye. Hopefully he'll come around in S3.

We see a lot of Mandalorians using those shields in TCW and Rebels.

I was kinda hoping you'd bring this CW goofiness up. This was also well before Beskar was officially introduced as a true metal from Mandalor let alone what Mandalorian armor was made from . Why didn't they introduce it back then?
That aside, one might say "well its to protect the things mounted on it", but even TMS2 seemingly ruled that all the gaunt accessories are made of beskar too with how Mando just blocks the dark saber with no damage to any of his equipment.
Which brings this episode into further examination... Pay very careful attention to the specific dialogue said by the characters during this episode.. and even the events that happen...
"Beskar is for making armor, not weapons"... That the Spear is capable of piercing Beskar armor... The goofy tiny shield on 300lb frumpy Vislas arm... Mando injuring himself (because of course..) and FINALLY showing a gap in this impenetrable Hero shield....

A LOT of this episodes purpose, what actually happened and was said in it, really feels more like the shows writers poorly attempting to retcon again the chasm of a hole they have now dug themselves into with The Mandalorian Season 2 where they went and completely threw all the preestablished limits they'd hinted at for Beskar armor from Season 1 right out the window... and now it looks like they're now trying to introduce different grades of beskar and such like they alloy with the Dark Saber..
None of this is necessarily bad mind you... I'm all for them finally giving firm limits to that crap again... but the divide between the 'rules' for this metal in world shown in TMS1, TMS2, and this premiere episode for TMS3 shoved in when they realized how bad BoBF was going is really really jarring..
Also, I can totally ruin your day.... if you want.

If you've been watching BOBF and you haven't watched ESB in a while, pull up a copy of ESB and watch any scene with Fett and try to not see Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett in the movie/in your head, especially if it's an SE or D+ version with Temuera Morrison saying the dialogue.
I specifically only watch the DeSpeciallized Harmy edits because of this kinda garbage on top of the fact it completely ruins the fine combative character interaction between Vader and Boba that nobody else on screen gets away with.

What year GT? I’m a huge ford guy
Shes a 14. Lotta fun though New England winters can get interesting
225043965_10215954068243542_4738492108615276107_n.jpg

So I know I made the comparison of the N-1 Naboo Starfighter to my Stang in terms of impracticality of New ship... but tbh i think I'm still way off.... A mustang is actually rather spacious inside the trunk and back seat area, and while it might not be meant for transporting friends around, if one wanted to totally Mad Max the hell out of the goddamn thing you probably could do a lot worse....

The N-1 Starfighter on the other hand is really more akin to getting a Ferrari or supercar in its impracticality for Mando's use.. HOW in the hell is he supposed to even Live out of the thing??? or store utilities?? or... well anything besides a single bounty crammed in the droid port like a body stuffed in a suitcase?? Can he even consider getting a new rifle now? I guess that options out?
Where does he sleep? Bathroom? Weapons storge? Food? Water?
You could live out of the Razor crest... You could live out of the Falcon... You could live out of Slave I even...

You CANT live out of a Starfighter anymore than Luke could live out of his X-wing(s)... Starfighters are ships that are inherently tied to planets and motherships by design... Its their one and only design purpose... No amount of modification is going to change this inherent foundational design limitation. That they literally placed Mandos "new" ship next to two more modern contemporary counterparts in the episode for a 'beat the cops' gag where the cops themselves then talk about needing to go 'back to base' should speak volumes about the oversights going on here in the writing all seemingly for a glorified 'but isnt this cool'

Last edited:
I was kinda hoping you'd bring this CW goofiness up. This was also well before Beskar was officially introduced as a true metal from Mandalor let alone what Mandalorian armor was made from . Why didn't they introduce it back then?
That aside, one might say "well its to protect the things mounted on it", but even TMS2 seemingly ruled that all the gaunt accessories are made of beskar too with how Mando just blocks the dark saber with no damage to any of his equipment.
Which brings this episode into further examination... Pay very careful attention to the specific dialogue said by the characters during this episode.. and even the events that happen...
"Beskar is for making armor, not weapons"... That the Spear is capable of piercing Beskar armor... The goofy tiny shield on 300lb frumpy Vislas arm... Mando injuring himself (because of course..) and FINALLY showing a gap in this impenetrable Hero shield....

A LOT of this episodes purpose, what actually happened and was said in it, really feels more like the shows writers poorly attempting to retcon again the chasm of a hole they have now dug themselves into with The Mandalorian Season 2 where they went and completely threw all the preestablished limits they'd hinted at for Beskar armor from Season 1 right out the window... and now it looks like they're now trying to introduce different grades of beskar and such like they alloy with the Dark Saber..
None of this is necessarily bad mind you... I'm all for them finally giving firm limits to that crap again... but the divide between the 'rules' for this metal in world shown in TMS1, TMS2, and this premiere episode for TMS3 shoved in when they realized how bad BoBF was going is really really jarring..

I specifically only watch the DeSpeciallized Harmy edits because of this kinda garbage on top of the fact it completely ruins the fine combative character interaction between Vader and Boba that nobody else on screen gets away with.

Shes a 14. Lotta fun though New England winters can get interesting
View attachment 1538790

So I know I made the comparison of the N-1 Naboo Starfighter to my Stang in terms of impracticality of New ship... but tbh i think I'm still way off.... A mustang is actually rather spacious inside the trunk and back seat area, and while it might not be meant for transporting friends around, if one wanted to totally Mad Max the hell out of the goddamn thing you probably could do a lot worse....

The N-1 Starfighter on the other hand is more really akin to a Ferrari or supercar in its impracticality for Mando's use.. HOW in the hell is he supposed to even Live out of the thing??? or store utilities?? or... well anything besides a single bounty crammed in the droid port like a body stuffed in a suitcase?? Can he even consider getting a new rifle now? I guess that options out?
Where does he sleep? Bathroom? Weapons storge? Food? Water?
You could live out of the Razor crest... You could live out of the Falcon... You could live out of Slave I even...

You CANT live out of a Starfighter anymore than Luke could live out of his X-wing(s)... Starfighters are ships that are inherently tied to planets and motherships by design... Its their one and only design purpose... No amount of modification is going to change this inherent foundational design limitation. That they literally placed Mandos "new" ship next to two more modern contemporary counterparts in the episode for a 'beat the cops' gag where the cops themselves then talk about needing to go 'back to base' should speak volumes about the oversights going on here in the writing all seemingly for a glorified 'but isnt this cool'
I seem to recall Beskar alloys being a thing in Legends. Wasn't Boba's armor not pure Beskar? Somehow you got it explain that dent in his helmet. And they mention when the spear is introduced that it's pure Beskar.

Something that's sort of bugging me, is how forging Beskar seems to have changed. Now it heats up and turns bright yellow like steel. When before it just became a liquid. But then again, maybe that's because it's a different alloy?

So that spear is 15 or 20 pounds, looks like. He ends up with a pound of rings. Let her have the rest, I suppose?

I'm a little bothered that the New Republic is brand new and they're already giving people bureaucratic crap, even waaaay out in the Outer Rim.

Naboo fighters have little to no cargo space. How is he going to transport bounties, weapons, underwear, baby aliens?

I would rather Mando have willfully left that cult he was brainwashed by rather than being rejected. Yeah, I took off my helmet and I don't regret it. Have a problem with that? K, bye. Hopefully he'll come around in S3.
she melted the spear head...
the xwing guys were funny
they saved him, took him in and taught him...you don't just leave the ones who did that for you...I'm pretty sure the Armorer is on Mando's side and regrets that she has to enforce it but thats the code. If she doesn't enforce it she loses the respect . If you really listen to what she says to him, she gets mando to answer his own question about if he follows the Mandalorian creed or is the Jedi way more his style. My personal opinion is that she respects him, cares for him , maybe even believed that he could become Mand'alore but sees he is leaning towards Grogu

I seem to recall Beskar alloys being a thing in Legends. Wasn't Boba's armor not pure Beskar? Somehow you got it explain that dent in his helmet. And they mention when the spear is introduced that it's pure Beskar.

Something that's sort of bugging me, is how forging Beskar seems to have changed. Now it heats up and turns bright yellow like steel. When before it just became a liquid. But then again, maybe that's because it's a different alloy?
Oh no its definitely in legends since that's where it originated but all of that got the Axe so I thought it was off the table for 'on screen' canon stuff

The nearest I think we ever got to Beskar being established on film in actual Lucas era canon prior to Disneys The Mandalorian finally bringing it back in was this cut alternate take on Jangos death where Jango sorta blocks some of Maces strikes before succumbing to the onslaught of the attack when his own damaged jetpack fails to ignite

The way I always understood Beskar in StarWars was that it was the most lightsaber RESISTENT metal in the SW universe, but it wasn't ever meant to be a "hero shield". Just the best and some of the rarest body armor money could buy... But, as evidenced by Bobas armor... Mandos quote from season 1 with Fennec "at this range the beskar held up" it always had limitations to it like any real world armor.

Its one thing that irritates me to no end in TMS2 with them not denting Mandos armor at all regardless of what hits it, be it blaster bolt, lightsaber, or DarkTrooper smashing his head through a ship bulkhead... Beskar went from being simply top quality believable Body armor and has become Captains Americas Vibranium shield... (and yet even Caps shield finally has its structural limitations in later MCU)

Last edited:
The N-1 Starfighter on the other hand is more really akin to a Ferrari or supercar in its impracticality for Mando's use.. HOW in the hell is he supposed to even Live out of the thing??? or store utilities?? or... well anything besides a single bounty crammed in the droid port like a body stuffed in a suitcase?? Can he even consider getting a new rifle now? I guess that options out?

All that is true, which is why he wanted another large ship. He "settled" for the starfighter because it's really cool, and it's so fast that he no longer has to worry about sleeping in route. He can just find accommodations at his destination. But after the ordeal of public transportation, just having his own ship is the top priority right now. He can keep looking for another Razorcrest in the meantime.

On the ship front, depends where they go with the story. Yeah it needs a base to operate from. Oh like a certain captured imperial ship claimed by Bo Katan maybe :)
Oh god... there's no way in HELL they're not gonna get stopped every other episode in TMS3 by the X-wing guys looking for "Imperial Remnants" now :lol: :lol:

All that is true, which is why he wanted another large ship. He "settled" for the starfighter because it's really cool, and it's so fast that he no longer has to worry about sleeping in route. He can just find accommodations at his destination. But after the ordeal of public transportation, just having his own ship is the top priority right now. He can keep looking for another Razorcrest in the meantime.
What about fuel consumption and the like though? Generally speaking the fast runners are also gas guzzlers, which is part of their design limitation in being tied to said motherships and bases. WWII fighters these ships were inspired after being exactly the same. That's part of why Obi-wan is so surprised a Tie is out in deep space 'on its own' and those military fighter are 20 years more advanced than a N1 is. Where's he gonna get replacement parts for his 40yr+ old rat rod racer when he gets into battles and needs repairs?

I guess its true he could replace it later but why waste our time with this event in the middle of another characters own season then?

Last edited:
I think she does too, but as you say she's got to follow the code. It's great that she does what she can for him, but the sect is holding him back, he needs to move on.
i think he will...maybe by being Mand'alore and creating a unified people with less restrictions?...or even a Jedi?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back