The Book of Boba Fett

I hated the ST...We agree on everything except for the fact that i sometimes catch myself in occassional hypocrisy(willing to admit it) but you do not. Very happy for you. This is the way
Of course we all engage in occasional and minor hypocrisy. But it seems the implication made by many who level this charge against SW fandom is that the fans are exceedingly hypocritical—making severe judgements of minor points of illogicality, and unreservedly accepting nonsensical plot points if we like them. I don't think most SW fans fit that description.

Last edited:
There is a ton of lines in this episode that point "the way" for Mando...it's almost too obvious but i really hope they do it....A lot of contrasts to Boba as well. Boba had a trainer in the Tusken female...Mando has the Armorer...Boba is realizing his need for a tribe...Mando seems to be getting kicked out of one. Boba likes to get things...Mando humbly gives things away(Beskar Spear) and didn't want it for himself but for Grogu.

Mando is everything we want in a Hero. Humble, dedicated, committed, compassionate but an absolute beast when he needs to be. In season 1 of Mando i thought he would become a Jedi . After seeing this episode...i'm convinced He might want to learn, in order to be close to Grogu but may find his attachment to Grogu might hurt him in the long run.

Of course we all engage in occasional and minor hypocrisy. But it seems the implication made by many who level this charge against SW fandom is that the fans are exceedingly hypocritical—making severe judgements of minor points of illogicality, and unreservedly accepting nonsensical plot points if we liked how they made us feel. I don't admit to that, no.

And when it comes to whether a certain point of criticism is "hypocritical" in the first place...why do we need to discount the validity of any specific point of criticism by pointing out that the one making the remark is human, and likely doesn't criticize all other things equally?

I'm just fine discussing a certain criticism based on its own merit and logic, and not in comparison to how strongly the person did or did not criticize something else that we personally feel merits the same scrutiny.

Hope that makes sense.
hey, I'm a fan!! I criticize too. I agree with you, we're on the same page. Did you watch the new episode yet? What did you think was good and why"?

Checking prices on flebay came across this..
Screenshot_20220126-183021_eBay.jpg

Not too hard to modify ;)

RIP Boba Fett. What a refreshing episode after the slog the rest of the series has been. BOBF should have been a 2 or 3 part mini series with hour plus episodes, maybe they would have been able to tell a better story that way.
Its just too darn slow..
( excluding ep5 )
I've said it before..in a movie you can afford to meander..but when you are working with usually half an hour..actually thats wrong Scoobie Doo did a convincing story in 20 minutes..
Its not that the fans have built him up to God like status and nothing will match our wants...
Stick Boba in the same story tonight and we'd maybe all be happy.

Well Bryce Dallas Howard didn't disappoint.

Gosh that was a good episode. Seriously the hot rodded N-1 alone would have made me love this episode. Next to the X-wing, the N-1 is my favorite ship. Please LEGO, please make a model!
The lego already exists a few modifications is all it needs

I think we are going to get CGI Luke next episode. I think that’s why Filoni is directing the next one. With more time and effort, I think they can make him look good. They hired that guy who is really good at deepfakes, so I’m thinking it will be improved from what we already saw.

Also, I can totally ruin your day.... if you want.

If you've been watching BOBF and you haven't watched ESB in a while, pull up a copy of ESB and watch any scene with Fett and try to not see Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett in the movie/in your head, especially if it's an SE or D+ version with Temuera Morrison saying the dialogue.
Not to be negative but his build is totally off from the OT to TBOBF, his body language is off and the voice that has always been associated with Boba Fett is Wingreen's not Morrison's. It's probably impossible to change that but I totally respect the fact it's much easier for others to do so. At this point it's a lost cause for me and many others. Morrison's Fett feels like a different character or a stand in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back