The Book of Boba Fett

im from massachusetts, we add R's to words with out them, and take away Rs with words that have them lol
That reminds of a story from back when I was in the Marines, My reserve unit that I was in was only a detachment of a larger unit that was based in Boston while were out in Miramar. Every year for our annual 2 week summer we would train together with the Marines from our parent unit and I remember one of them talking about what sounded like to me, khakis. It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about because khakis made no sense in the context of what he was saying. It took me almost a minute to figure out that what he really was saying was car keys. :D

That’s like when a girl from Arkansas was taking classes with me in Illinois. She kept talking about getting her toboggans out. It was super weird to me that she meant sleds, given she had “about a dozen,” but it turned out she meant hats.

Even worse, she couldn’t explain what a toboggan was, so it was a few moments of charades to understand what she even remotely meant. The word stocking cap was completely foreign to her.

That’s like when a girl from Arkansas was taking classes with me in Illinois. She kept talking about getting her toboggans out. It was super weird to me that she meant sleds, given she had “about a dozen,” but it turned out she meant hats.

Even worse, she couldn’t explain what a toboggan was, so it was a few moments of charades to understand what she even remotely meant. The word stocking cap was completely foreign to her.Stocking cap ?
Over here woman wear stockings on their legs!

Back to sqeezing the last droplets of BOBF...

1.What I haven't seen mentioned in this Thread is the Use of Set design.
I know they use the Magic wrap round Screen that was used for The Mandalorian and the Ambient lighting but I wonder how much Practical structures have they built ?
Mos Espa Certainly looks like a chunk was built but obviously there will be some sort of matte green screen shenanigans going on over 7ft ?
2. I have also liked pretty much All the effect shots so far with only the Boba riding into screen with the Tuskys looking a little shake but the overall effect was cool anyways..
3. What is it that makes SW look like SW..its a look you can tell instantly
Rogue One had it despite being a stand alone..
Is it the droids the panels
(This prolly deserves a thread of its own lol)

Last edited:
That reminds of a story from back when I was in the Marines, My reserve unit that I was in was only a detachment of a larger unit that was based in Boston while were out in Miramar. Every year for our annual 2 week summer we would train together with the Marines from our parent unit and I remember one of them talking about what sounded like to me, khakis. It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about because khakis made no sense in the context of what he was saying. It took me almost a minute to figure out that what he really was saying was car keys. :D

Lol!!! Yup! Soda we say soder, Heather is heatha.. car is caaaaa… and everything here is wicked ;)

Over here woman wear stockings on their legs!

Back to sqeezing the last droplets of BOBF...

1.What I haven't seen mentioned in this Thread is the Use of Set design.
I know they use the Magic wrap round Screen that was used for The Mandalorian and the Ambient lighting but I wonder how much Practical structures have they built ?
Mos Espa Certainly looks like a chunk was built but obviously there will be some sort of matte green screen shenanigans going on over 7ft ?
2. I have also liked pretty much All the effect shots so far with only the Boba riding into screen with the Tuskys looking a little shake but the overall effect was cool anyways..
3. What is it that makes SW look like SW..its a look you can tell instantly
Rogue One had it despite being a stand alone..
Is it the droids the panels
(This prolly deserves a thread of its own lol)
I have been told they have built another 360 screen because of all the shows they are shooting.

I too wondered about the roof tops.. is that some place they found or did they build that whole thing because that’s some serious money to make something like that

The palace as well has to be expensive.. they got some serious money in sets

Here's the other side of that -- Back in the day when I'd watch The Crocodile Hunter; Steve Irwin would make frequent reference to his khakis, but the first several times, I was a little confused because it sounded to my ears like he was saying "car keys." :D

SSB

Here's the other side of that -- Back in the day when I'd watch The Crocodile Hunter; Steve Irwin would make frequent reference to his khakis, but the first several times, I was a little confused because it sounded to my ears like he was saying "car keys." :D

SSB
Lol on a serious note, I loved Irwin… such a tragic story.. I love watching his kids though, his son sounds just like him

Lol on a serious note, I loved Irwin… such a tragic story.. I love watching his kids though, his son sounds just like him
Yeah, I felt the same. He was so much fun to watch. That accident happened the same day my relationship with the woman who is now my wife turned "serious," although we didn't hear about it until the next day.

SSB

The Night Before Boba

T'was the night before Boba
and all through the thread,
all the topics were wore out
EP2 was now dead.
and some were nit picky,
and some played the fool,
while others like Halliwax
thought it was Wicked cool.
When all of a sudden
when things were all silent
somebody mentioned the ST
and everything got violent.
no longer was Boba the focus at hand
some ran for other threads
or buried there heads in the sand.
some panicked real quick
to steer us on course,
some tried to post mind tricks
while using the force.
It got out of hand
some left us in fear,
then came a sigh of relief because
NakedMoleRat is still here
well, before tomorrow arrives
i'll give one more glance...
maybe i'll see a new idea
or a hint of Flashdance.
Whatever the case
tomorrow i bet,
our focus returns
Ep3 of Boba Fett.

My step daughter ads an "R" to "wash." ('warsh') Drives me nuts. Makes me want to speak everything with a Sean Connery accent after that. :D
Lol!! Roof is a funny one too.. a lot of us pronounce roof as ruff.. don’t know how to type it to explain but like a dog goes “roof roof” lol that one drives me nuts

I too wondered about the roof tops.. is that some place they found or did they build that whole thing because that’s some serious money to make something like that

The palace as well has to be expensive.. they got some serious money in sets
It certainly looks real to me..
I guess if they are shooting Kenobi and other projects it can be used re dressed just like those Western TV sets of old. I bet they can be moved/rejigged to make the place stay fresh..
Its Amazing what you can do with MDF a ton of glue a bucket of Sand and a Spray gun.

Sorry to bring her up again but Jennifer Beals gaff looks really believable as a bar...
Its certainly no Buck Rogers affair lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back