The Black Stallion - Bucephalus

juno

Sr Member
Thanks to Alancastillo1, I have a replica that I wanted soooo much as a little girl. I noticed a horse sculpture in his huge collection thread, it looked familiar, but I couldn't place it. When I asked him about it, he told me it was from The Black Stallion. I hadn't seen that movie in years, but I watched it constantly when I was a child.

Before I purchased from the link Alan gave me, I had to do a couple of searches. There's a Shapeways shop that sells a replica, but it's sub-par compared to the real deal available at The Black Stallion Gift Shop | Welcome To Our Store!

5792244076_aa22ed57e8.jpg

More photos and my usual write-up at:
Curious Goods » Blog Archive » The Black Stallion Returns (to my desk)

Wow, you got that quickly !

They are gorgeous :)

Congrats on a quality purchase :thumbsup

.... and a hellishly nicer pic than mine :lol

Here's some screen grabs for you

norm-4ce917854b1e3-Black+Stallion+%281979%29.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been playing around with a home-made light box! :D

I actually bought a blackened bronze one, too. I can't wait to see it. I'm fighting the urge to always carry it in my pocket.

It's the Mrs. that is the horsie person in the house, and I got the Bucephalus for her some years ago. I also got the Heart of the Ocean and the Algerian Love Knot for her.

All items have been 'donated' to the collection, and she just takes them when she wants to use them.

Cross my heart hope to die, they were donated, not kidnapped :lol

It's the Mrs. that is the horsie person in the house, and I got the Bucephalus for her some years ago. I also got the Heart of the Ocean and the Algerian Love Knot for her.

All items have been 'donated' to the collection, and she just takes them when she wants to use them.

Cross my heart hope to die, they were donated, not kidnapped :lol

Lol... Your are Lucky!! I tried to buy my wife a few things and tell her "they are for you honey", but she saw right through me!! She told me I just wanted them for myself..... Busted!!!!:lol

:lol I am indeed a tad luckier.

I remember I had spent hours on end searching for the Bucephalus figurine for Valantine's day. It was a total surprise for her. She never mentioned she wanted one. It would never have crossed my mind to buy it for my prop collection, but I'm so glad she donated it :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back