The Biology and Premise of Prometheus: SPOILERS

I thought they created life on earth for no other reason than to be hosts for the black goo. They needed life to exist on earth in order to mutate it with the black goo and make their finished product.

The only other idea was what Holloway said to David. We made androids because we could. Maybe the engineers made humans for no reason at all other than they could. It wasn't anything humans did. There was no mistake followed by judgement or punishment. It's just what they do.

I like that

Based on interviews, I feel pretty confidant that the intent was to portray this as primordial Earth. I appreciate your theory but that wasn't what the movie suggested.

alot of interviews ive read say that the opening sequence is not earth at all....so whatev...p.s. dinosaurs.....

I came to this conclusion:
I like goldfish. My kids like goldfish. We have one in a tank right now. If that goldfish crawled out of it's tank, crawled into my room, and asked me the meaning of life, you can be darn sure I'd step on that mother f'er and flush it before my wife could ask what was going on.
Maybe the engineer saw humans where they should never have been and realized he'd better do something about it quick!

What?? No way I would step on that mother*ucker...

I'd begin by saying I am Goldfish ***** and that I am in charge of his life. He would have to see to it not to upset the balance of things.

After gasping his last breath I'd remind him that even though he was a talking fish, he shouldn't have left his waterworld without a breathing apparatus.:behave

I don't think the jockeys we see on LV-223 are the part of the same group we seeding the earth at the start of the movie. The ones at the start wear robes and use different spacecraft (classic flying saucer by the looks of it). The ones we see later seem to be fused with their armor/ flight suits, and use the the spacecraft we all recognise and love!

One group creates, the other destroys. Possibly even that the space jockeys don't agree with the engineers' plans of seeding worlds, which could explain why the jockey black goo seemed to behave differently from the engineer goo

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back