THE BETTY (Alien resurrection)

Re: Alien Resurrection. (the Betty)

Cool Al! Looking great as always!

Thanks Jerry.

ive been drawing out the basic layout of the ship in CAD, helps with cutting parts and to make sure the basic proportions stay in line. so heres a quick scan of a part of the drawing, also working on the cargo boxes.

bettyscan.jpg

Thanks Al

Started on the cargo boxes, they are made out of foam and skinned in styrene. the tops are left unfinished until i can get the rest of the grating drawn out in CAD and have them laser cut. still need to scribe some panel lines and sand and re shoot a coat of primer, but there getting there. should have the engine done in a day or two. way to humid here to spray primer today.

Thanks Al

cargo1.jpg

cargo2.jpg

cargo3.jpg

cargo4.jpg

Hey Al, where do you get your renshape?
I have some dense foam that i can use but im thinking something like you have been using to lay styrene sheet onto.

Started on the nose cone. Thanks to 3D-builder for forming this for me. The main cone is formed in 3mm, and the other two over lapping layers are in 1mm. There are 4 levels to the cone and each level has two layers. if that makes sense. still going at it. but heres what i have so far. a real pain in the Butt.

Thanks Al

coneb3.jpg

coneb4.jpg

coneb2.jpg

coneb1.jpg

The cone is almost done. just need to add the panel lines and a small detail part and this is part is done. here a few pics.

Thanks Al

conebetty1.jpg

conebetty2.jpg

conebetty3.jpg

Thanks guys.

Another update, not to big. scribed the panel lines on the cone and made the small filler part that goes between the engine support and the cargo boxes. the parts are just taped in place for now. almost starting to look like something.

Thanks Al

bettt3.jpg

bet1.jpg

bet3.jpg

bet4.jpg

bet5.jpg

Thanks guys.

im going to make it out of foam, mold it and make a hollow shell out of epoxy fiberglass. Then add the interior. This going to be the most challenging part. Well this and the tail.

Al

Back on the engine for a bit. added small ribbed section on the bottom. need to skin it in styrene and add the other detail parts. went crazy trying to find reference for the engine exhaust, there isn't any, but after talking with one of the original builders ive found something that will work. also need to change that middle part on the engine to better represent the original also. heres a few pics.

Thanks for looking.

Al

bengine1.jpg

bengine2.jpg

bengine3.jpg

bengine4.jpg

bengine5.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back