THE BETTY (Alien resurrection)

Re: Alien Resurrection. (the Betty)

I always liked that model. Have you seen the model here in Hollywood?

no, but i heard it was some where close by. i actually got to look at and work on a new one for the studio. all the original patterns where in perfect shape. and i took plenty of pictures for reference. so i hope i can do it justice.

Al

Thanks Porteador.

heres a few pics of the main body sections mocked up in there basic position. i made them out of acrylic and skinned them in styrene. the tops are removable for access to lighting when i get to that. next up going to mount it to a support structure and stand to make it easier to work on and later mount to a permanent stand.

Thanks Al

bettybox1.jpg

betty12.jpg

betty32.jpg

boxandengine.jpg

Al it's coming alive, man this is a busy model it's looking excellent!!
I can't wait to see the cockpit fitted in there then it's going to really come
around!!

Got it mounted on its work base. still need to reinforce the lower mounting point. and add some more acrylic to the inside for when i mount the wings at a later date. but its coming along.

Al

support1.jpg

base1.jpg

base2.jpg

base3.jpg

Ive got everything loosely bolted together, and cut out the front where the cone will fit into place. will vac form that this weekend and work on that, then i can get started on the cockpit.

pics.

cone3a.jpg

cone2a.jpg

cone1a.jpg

Thanks Al

I got the Engine supports started and sprayed the first coat of primer, need to sand and reapply, and add a little filler on the end round parts. but its getting there.

Thanks Al

enginesupport4.jpg

enginesupport1.jpg

enginesupport2.jpg

enginesupport3.jpg

Looking sweet Al there are four of those right?

Regards,
Michael

Yeah theres 4, two on each side. For the engine support.

Started on the cone, got it vac formed. But i think im going to make a few more pulls with some thicker styrene. Then ill chop it up and assemble it. Going to mold it and make it out of fiberglass.

Al

I'm Lovin this thread Al, keep em coming? Its going to look amazing when done.

Thanks Guy.

I mounted the engine supports, they are pinned and glued. they wont be supporting any weight though. the engine and extension parts that run to the main body are going to be made out of Epoxy fiberglass, so there wont be any weight to them. still im going to make a small armature that will run through the parts and connect directly to the main internal armature, which will carry all the weight. if that makes sense the way i typed it.

Thanks for looking.

Al

supportsa1.jpg

supports2a.jpg

conesupport2.jpg

conesupport1.jpg

Al that looks GREAT!!
You nailed the cone I don't see anything wrong with it?
It even formed nice down inside how did you get that?
What thickness did you end up going with?

Al that looks GREAT!!
You nailed the cone I don't see anything wrong with it?
It even formed nice down inside how did you get that?
What thickness did you end up going with?

It Came out ok. thats the first pull. i need to place it back over the plug and do a few more pulls to get the layers i need and to increase the size.

Al

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back