The Batman

Colin Farrell in make-up as the Penguin

1602599561954.png

Cat woman Penguin, this has cluttered mess written all over it.

I think that the best chance for a batman movie to have 2 villain's in it, and still be good, is for one of them to be cat woman.

When one of the villains is a problem for Batman (Penguin) and the other is a problem for Bruce (Selina) it lets us see him deal with the two sides of his character in one film.

That said, this movie also has Riddler, so who the hell knows? lol

I think that the best chance for a batman movie to have 2 villain's in it, and still be good, is for one of them to be cat woman.

When one of the villains is a problem for Batman (Penguin) and the other is a problem for Bruce (Selina) it lets us see him deal with the two sides of his character in one film.

Yeah, I also like that take as well. But padding the movie with villains might overstuff the movie, unless it’s a storyline like one of the Arkham games, which still might not work out that well as a movie. Still, I like the look of Farrell’s Penguin, and Batman Returns is my personal favorite of the Keaton films, so the pairing of the villains seems like a good choice.

It can work as long as there's only ONE main villain. In Batman Begins for example, you had three villains: Ras Al-Ghul, Scarecrow, and Carmine Falcone. Ras was the main villain while Scarecrow and Falcone were working for him. There was a proper balance between them. Similar scenario with Batman Returns. Batman then deals with them according to their threat value.

The problem is when you have villains that share the same status as they do in the Schumacher ones. The story gets crowded with Batman having to dispose of each one in a climactic feat too unbelievable even for him watering down their combined threat.

Last edited:

Thing is they did Catwoman AND Penguin in the same flick in what? 1992? Couldn't even make the effort for a unique pairing.

I actually think those two are good villain matches. If the two were joker and cat woman, it'd be almost all action. bane and cat woman; all action. But Penguin is a cancer. He corrupts the world and cultivates power. Bats has to find a way to thwart him. He can't just find Penguin in the middle of stealing a diamond, beat the crap out of him, and drop him at the police station.

Then the flip side, is Bats chasing cat woman across rooftops.

Penguin and cat woman also travel in the same high class circles; so it gives better reason for bats to be running into both in the same arc. Penguin is throwing a bash and trying to consolidate power, Bruce is there to try and dig up info, and Selina is scoping out heirloom jewelry and picking pockets.

that ice rink looked pretty small, until I took note of how small the crew cab on the crane at the right side of the picture looks...

I was walking through the car park of my local cinema in SE London this afternoon and noticed that the car park was fuller than it ever had been pre-pandemic with signs like "Crew walkway" and "AP Cars" dotted around. I asked the attendant why it was so full, and he said (although he 'wasn't supposed to say') that they were filming Batman in the disused newspaper print works next door (they have raves there now). So I guess that will be some sort of disused warehouse or industrial setting.

1611333770616.png

1611333870210.png

1611333911892.png

I was walking through the car park of my local cinema in SE London this afternoon and noticed that the car park was fuller than it ever had been pre-pandemic with signs like "Crew walkway" and "AP Cars" dotted around. I asked the attendant why it was so full, and he said (although he 'wasn't supposed to say') that they were filming Batman in the disused newspaper print works next door (they have raves there now). So I guess that will be some sort of disused warehouse or industrial setting.

Clearly that building has found new life as a media set as it was just used in the most recent UK series of Taskmaster!

Attachments

• 70911_S10_Ep1_Taskmaster_S10_Ep1_Mawaan2-scaled.jpg
    70911_S10_Ep1_Taskmaster_S10_Ep1_Mawaan2-scaled.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 72

View attachment 1414437
View attachment 1414438
View attachment 1414440
Looks prison-like. Maybe Arkham Asylum? Or Blackgate?

There's a new trailer coming in October during DC Fandome. Guess we'll find out more then.

...When one of the villains is a problem for Batman (Penguin) and the other is a problem for Bruce (Selina) it lets us see him deal with the two sides of his character in one film.

Riddler is only in this movie so they can introduce a gender-fluid Dick Grayson/Robin to flirt with him.

^ That's a lie...unless it turns out to be true.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back