The Batman - The Riddler costume help

ZombieBait

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I have the mask square rooted, and I'm researching the rest; what's throwing me is the gray thing that he's wearing on his head. There seems to be an olive green hoodie under the jacket, so it's not a hood...anyone have a clue?
IMG_1494.JPG

So I have the mask square rooted, and I'm researching the rest; what's throwing me is the gray thing that he's wearing on his head. There seems to be an olive green hoodie under the jacket, so it's not a hood...anyone have a clue?
Kind of a shot in the dark with such limited reference but I'm guessing something like this:

The hood he's wearing underneath the mask looks like a hood used mainly for CSIs/forensic examiners for a crime scene.

Maybe the film is going to go with that direction for Riddler?

So I got the jacket in. I bought an original instead of the repro. It was my first time trying to ID anything so I was prepared to be wrong but every detail seems to match up to all the stills and screencaps. Pretty sure this is the right one, might hit it with some dye to get the green more saturated but I'm not sure if that's a color grading thing or not.

jacket.jpg

The "cold weather" mask is another story. I was hoping to just alter it but it's absolute crap, incredibly cheaply made, and possibly the least comfortable thing I've squeezed on my head. I think I'll take it apart and try to use it as a base for a pattern. Does anyone have any idea what weight leather would be used to make a mask like that? OR maybe it's vinyl.

Last edited:
So I got the jacket in. I bought an original instead of the repro. It was my first time trying to ID anything so I was prepared to be wrong but every detail seems to match up to all the stills and screencaps. Pretty sure this is the right one, might hit it with some dye to get the green more saturated but I'm not sure if that's a color grading thing or not.

View attachment 1538520

The "cold weather" mask is another story. I was hoping to just alter it but it's absolute crap, incredibly cheaply made, and possibly the least comfortable thing I've squeezed on my head. I think I'll take it apart and try to use it as a base for a pattern. Does anyone have any idea what weight leather would be used to make a mask like that? OR maybe it's vinyl.
NICE! LOVE the jacket. Did you order from the link a few posts up?

I certainly agree about the mask...absolutely terrible to wear...tight af.

I’ve been researching this costume too. I sourced a repro German Parker and have been ageing it. The parka isn’t as green in person. I’ve been spraying into it with green airbrushing paints as well as mixtures of brown and black and sanding it back. It’s starting to look better:

He seems to be wearing a transparent forensic suit or some form of transparent PPE under the hoody. His gloves appear to be latex or nitrile.

Also the mask, I think the mask is actually waxed canvas. If you zoom in, you can almost see the weave in the highlights. It’s definitely not leather nor that crappy vinyl on the repro mask. I’ve bought one that I’m going to take apart and use to make a pattern from.

Also the mask, I think the mask is actually waxed canvas. If you zoom in, you can almost see the weave in the highlights. It’s definitely not leather nor that crappy vinyl on the repro mask. I’ve bought one that I’m going to take apart and use to make a pattern from.

Good call on the waxed canvas, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back