The Batman 2022 Chest Glyph (Batarang) / Paragon FX Group

I've been shopping around for a 3D print of this and I'm wondering, do we know what it's supposed to look like on the reverse side? Lots of the prints I see are only detailed on one side, but how much detail should there be on the reverse? If it's just some panel lining or something I don't mind too much if it's missing but if there are actual hinge bits I'd rather not lose those.

I've been shopping around for a 3D print of this and I'm wondering, do we know what it's supposed to look like on the reverse side? Lots of the prints I see are only detailed on one side, but how much detail should there be on the reverse? If it's just some panel lining or something I don't mind too much if it's missing but if there are actual hinge bits I'd rather not lose those.
Well, the "tactical knife" version is the same on both sides as seen in the pics from the video:

Screenshot_20220518-101414_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220518-101427_YouTube.jpg

The chest version I don't think was practical. The wings tucked into the chest piece and the body just sat in the cavity with magnets or something.

Then there's the one we see that has a hinge bracket thing that's most likely the folding hero prop(s) for the "movie magic" scenes of him taking it off his chest.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm at a crossroads. I can't decide which to get between the Paragon and Factory. They both have their ups and downs. The biggest factor is if the Paragon is flat on the back or not (it looks flat on those deck pics, does it not?). The Factory looks double sided, but they are AWFUL when it comes to edges and points (Aquaman trident is the prime example) and I don't know how the metal would take to sharpening.

As to why I would customize a licensed prop instead of a 3D print? Lineage. I think that's what most people do here is get something with lineage and make it as accurate as possible. WB provided the file and everything is created digitally in films, now. So it's going to be accurate in shape. I haven't found a single 3D fan made that wasn't only one-sided or full of more inaccuracies I care to deal with. The body and blade shapes are perfect on this one if it's double sided. I just want one, ya know? The money I'd spend getting a collection of inaccurate fan sculpts I rather use on one accurate enough I can work with.
Okay, I'm usually with you as far as "lineage" goes. I'd rather have an accurate "official" anything than not. But that has slowly dissolved with the advent of:
  • Really good 3-D printers and makers
  • I know for certain that the WB studio STL files are floating out there in the ether and that some "regular" folks have access to them.
  • The fact that even among the multiple "official" licensed versions with "lineage", the inaccuracies or price-point for the quality you get is disproportionate and hugely disappointing thus far (IMO).
  • If I were going to get a $200+ official version for the "lineage" it should be as close to perfect screen-accuracy as I'd need or desire. If I was going to strip it, repaint it and weather it, damn man, I'd go with the most accurate fan-made version. At that point you're just paying a lot for a metal base-kit.
I think most likely only the "straight/hand-held/tactical knife" (whatever we're calling that one) is double-sided. The curved one for the chest-piece is flat on the back (speculating here). That said - I've picked up seven different 3-D printed ones and am finishing some for a shoot-out/review. Some are "meh". Some are outstanding. And one is spot-on based on Rut Villamagna's tutorials.. At least one set I picked up is "shallow" enough that you could just get two and glue them together for a double-sided version (tactical, straight, no curve) with very little effort and clean-up.

Okay, I'm usually with you as far as "lineage" goes. I'd rather have an accurate "official" anything than not. But that has slowly dissolved with the advent of:
  • Really good 3-D printers and makers
  • I know for certain that the WB studio STL files are floating out there in the ether and that some "regular" folks have access to them.
  • The fact that even among the multiple "official" licensed versions with "lineage", the inaccuracies or price-point for the quality you get is disproportionate and hugely disappointing thus far (IMO).
  • If I were going to get a $200+ official version for the "lineage" it should be as close to perfect screen-accuracy as I'd need or desire. If I was going to strip it, repaint it and weather it, damn man, I'd go with the most accurate fan-made version. At that point you're just paying a lot for a metal base-kit.
I think most likely only the "straight/hand-held/tactical knife" (whatever we're calling that one) is double-sided. The curved one for the chest-piece is flat on the back (speculating here). That said - I've picked up seven different 3-D printed ones and am finishing some for a shoot-out/review. Some are "meh". Some are outstanding. And one is spot-on based on Rut Villamagna's tutorials.. At least one set I picked up is "shallow" enough that you could just get two and glue them together for a double-sided version (tactical, straight, no curve) with very little effort and clean-up.
I'm really curious to see the back of the ones WB sent out to "web influencers" that's in the bat shape with the flat blades.
275582392_1381101528996102_2379900239674822075_n.jpg

Also, why aren't there more pics of the one with the angled top edge one from his chest?

the-batman-robert-pattinson-chest-logo-1207018.jpg

Once again, if you have an alternative that you like, go with it. You don’t need this one and no one is forcing you to buy it.

Once again, if you have an alternative that you like, go with it. You don’t need this one and no one is forcing you to buy it.
And also once again, nobody is claiming being held to the fire to buy one or the other. The discussion is about options, accuracy, price, value, and detail. Not complaining about being forced to buy something.

And also once again, nobody is claiming being held to the fire to buy one or the other. The discussion is about options, accuracy, price, value, and detail. Not complaining about being forced to buy something.
Hm, because what I've been seeing are a bunch of reasons why you aren't getting this, photos of different replicas, and a bunch of off-topic chat about the glyph in general(from multiple users).

I know you know about the other thread/threads because I see you duplicate posting in those too.

So once again, if you aren't getting this, why do you care? If you aren't going to buy something, yet you hang around to discuss "accuracy, price, value, and detail" you're just kind of whining to people who ARE going to buy it.

Take the "discussions about options" to this thread. The Batman 2022 Batarang Replica

Hm, because what I've been seeing are a bunch of reasons why you aren't getting this, photos of different replicas, and a bunch of off-topic chat about the glyph in general(from multiple users).

I know you know about the other thread/threads because I see you duplicate posting in those too.

So once again, if you aren't getting this, why do you care? If you aren't going to buy something, yet you hang around to discuss "accuracy, price, value, and detail" you're just kind of whining to people who ARE going to buy it.

Take the "discussions about options" to this thread. The Batman 2022 Batarang Replica
Actually - I didn't really digest the fact that this was supposed to be a thread dedicated to the announcement of the Paragon glyph (Which by the way, I AM getting, because I try to include all makers in my reviews, even ones that I am questioning)so - sorry, my bad. Will take everything related to "other" batarangs over to the other thread. That's on me. I've posted in both, but it wasn't intentionally to cross-post or to slam Paragon by any means.

I still haven't seen a legit response to another poster's question that asked "Why does Paragon show one version in their first image that is clearly different from their other own product shots."

There, that seems on-target for this thread, and now I'll hop over to the other thread for all the other details about other products.

Mea Culpa

Last edited:
Actually - I didn't really digest the fact that this was supposed to be a thread dedicated to the announcement of the Paragon glyph (Which by the way, I AM getting, because I try to include all makers in my reviews, even ones that I am questioning)so - sorry, my bad. Will take everything related to "other" batarangs over to the other thread. That's on me. I've posted in both, but it wasn't intentionally to cross-post or to slam Paragon by any means.

I still haven't seen a legit response to another poster's question that asked "Why does Paragon show one version in their first image that is clearly different from their other own product shots."

There, that seems on-target for this thread, and now I'll hop over to the other thread for all the other details about other products.

Mea Culpa
Sorry, I typed my response when I woke up so I was grumpy. But yeah, it's kind of a bummer coming to this thread for something I am looking forward to and just hearing a bunch of people dumping on it. There are some valid questions and criticisms, but unless Rylo is able to post more or share new photos, it's just screaming into the void.

Sorry, I typed my response when I woke up so I was grumpy. But yeah, it's kind of a bummer coming to this thread for something I am looking forward to and just hearing a bunch of people dumping on it. There are some valid questions and criticisms, but unless Rylo is able to post more or share new photos, it's just screaming into the void.
Just to chime in, I don't think I was dumping it. I think I was the first to say with a little work this one would be worth getting. After all the comparing and whatnot. I don't think the topic of deciding and customizing is no different than, say, the Haslab Proton Pack thread where everyone is talking about what they're going to do with theirs when they get it. Adding this, removing that, etc.

It’s a wonderful piece! You guys did a really fantastic job it.

Also, those edges have a little bit of sharpness to it them. Very cool.

I notice in all the videos, when handling, whenever it's picked up by one side, they support the weight of the other side with their hands. Can the magnet support the weight of the other half when holding it up by the first half?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back