The Batman 2022 Batarang Replica

Matthew Gresham

Looking for a replica of the Batarang used in The Batman. It would be great if it could fold/separate like the one in the film. Don't wanna pay $300 for the high-end version that's out now but something either resin printed or resin cast maybe? Any suggestions?

Keeping an eye on this thread for any leads!

Despite its price I was considering the Factory Entertainment replica, but lost interest when I found out it's static stuck in that one position. I could deal with static if it was in the position I like (as it appears on the chest, like the logo) but the flat across position doesn't interest me.

I may 3D print one for myself, but getting one out of nicer material would be cool.

I know this isn’t the budget option that you’re looking for but this is a much better licensed replica and I’m personally going with this one.

I know this isn’t the budget option that you’re looking for but this is a much better licensed replica and I’m personally going with this one.

That's pretty amazing.

Agreed I like it, but at $300 I am not interested in a static display. For $300 I rather it had some kind of function for that dollar amount. The look of it and presentation box is cool, but not $300 smackers cool. Someone will eventually make a functional one at some point.
Exactly!! I might be a little more willing to pay that much if it had some kind of function

Zavvi did do a Limited Edition run of a 1000 of these, they sold out after a few days. I'll post some pictures when I get mine in. Don't know if you'll be able to find any on eBay, but worth searching with Zavvi included in the search.

Zavvi did do a Limited Edition run of a 1000 of these, they sold out after a few days. I'll post some pictures when I get mine in. Don't know if you'll be able to find any on eBay, but worth searching with Zavvi included in the search.
Aren't those half scale? Or undersized at least.

I jumped on buying this as soon as I got an email from zavvi so hopefully got an early edition number, did the same with the Riddler cards they sold. I’ll post pictures as soon as I receive it.

Started a dedicated thread for Paragon FX Group's replica.

Last edited:
I had posted this in the other thread but since I'm discussing all the various reproductions and the prop in general, I thought it might make more sense to have it here.

Batarang stuff I was thinking about during my rewatch.
Development and production seems to have produced various iterations of this item that may not have necessarily made it to the final screen.
Even the movie itself appears internally inconsistent about whether the two halves separate or not. Different props and different needs produce different results.

As far as my eyes could tell, during the movie the batarang never folds straight, the two pieces don't separate from each other (despite the connector piece seemingly vanishing while attached on the chest), and the wings remain curved following the shape of the chest even while in-hand (never noticed a scene depicting them flattening out, but you can see a scene with them remaining curved in Batman's hand in NZ17's post).

But obviously they must have been experimenting with various iterations, and due to the necessities of manufacturing provided official reference and files that may not necessarily match what eventually appeared on screen in the final edit. We see it with toy production all the time, earlier iterations making it to shelves. Factory Entertainment seems to have been hit hardest by this because their replica is locked into a straight position that doesn't seem to appear at all on-screen. The Zavvi Exclusive Dust batarang fared a bit better with a center connector holding them in the correct position. The WB Studio Store version did the same. Meanwhile Paragon FX appears similar to how it does when worn on the chest, where in the movie it loses the center connector. However none of these replicas are curved along the chest the way it appeared to me during the movie.

I don't think there are actually any ideal replicas of this item being produced right now, but I don't think that's the fault of the manufacturers themselves. They're working off the reference they were sent and the movie itself isn't even consistent, as is often the case.

I think the closest thing to an idealized hero of this thing would include the center connector (holding it in bat logo orientation, not straightened out) and include the curve of the chest. Because its usage throughout the movie makes it appear functionally connected (as depicted by some of the props and replicas), and in the scene that most clearly features the batarang in-hand, the wings appear to remain curved like the chest.

Will have to take another close look once it comes out on HBO next week.

It will also be good to see the scene where he cuts the police tape, especially where he puts it back onto the chest piece.

It will also be good to see the scene where he cuts the police tape, especially where he puts it back onto the chest piece.
yeah in that scene it's difficult to see the batarang clearly so it will be interesting to check out on home media and see what information (or inconsistencies) that gives us

Hey I’m making a mold of one hopefully this week or next depending on the weather it’s slightly scaled down at about 96% of original size for my costume build but I’d be willing to make casts for others if there’s interest I can send pictures when it’s complete. I’ll be making mine in carbon fiber cause why not

That Zavvi version is exactly what I would want, but in actual metal instead of resin. No weathering on the Paragon version, correct?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back