The AT-AT project -- THE AVERAGE JOE EDITION --

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
blaydrunner wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Are those Speeder Bike turning flaps on your ass???
icon_biggrin.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

(geeky trivia mode on)

Close! The model uses flaps from a flaverking (sp?) model, and the ILM prototype speeder bike model used the same parts. However, the final, larger speeder bike models were scratch built so ultimately the bike flaps only look like flaverking/AT-AT parts.

I am glad that you are doing an average joe edition ,it proves that the model can look like a million bucks without going freaky on extensive modifications . Nice ass ....Keep up the good work .
moon.gif

Hey, Ron!

It's a fantastic model no matter how many mods people make. I think of it like those classic Tamiya Tiger tanks that armor modelers are always superdetailing: a great model's under there either way you go!

I think it looks great stock, and plan to (mostly) go that route myself, myself.

Hey RON!!!

I'm glad to see you posting again!!! I'm so happy I have this kit, I know I was reluctant at first, but I'm glad I got it.
wacko.gif
Damn this is fun.
wacko.gif

Nice! Are these kits still available? I've never heard of the ATATRON or CDN version before, and the last one I tried to get was stopped before I ordered.

Lonnie

Looking very good to me. I wouldn't mind getting a hold of one of these kits myself.

Can't wait to see the paint job on her!!
Keep us posted!!

Kenny

Hi guys

Sorry, I haven't been able to titilate you with pictures of my painted AT-AT yet......Well it's not even started. Apparently my wife thinks that it's more important for me to paint the house....and find work.
icon_frown.gif

I'll try and get to it soon. Thanks again goes to WC for posting the pics.

Pat

Man, most of the pics have dead links now! I'd like to see how this one is going as well as I'm planning on building mine as an "Average Joe" version as well, except for lighting the cockpit.... I plan on having it look like the ESB Australian release poster....

Anyway, any chance of posting the pics again so those of us that are late to the party can see the pics??

Cheers!!

CAn someone let me know where I can get the Canadian At-At kit? I also see someone mentioned a Tamiya kit. Does Tamiya make an AT-AT?

Man, most of the pics have dead links now.

Yup, nice to know what ya'll are talking about.

I've been eyeing the New AT-AT at the local Wal-Mart. It has Star Wars on the box and it's under $12.00 so yeah, I've been eyeing holes through the cellophane. But man, doesn't that box look TINY? I've heard that the price paid by RC2 (and ME) to get that kit in to that little bitty box was the snowspeeders and turrents. :angry

No deal. I'm lurking around e-bay looking for an older kit to slip under the "$10.00" radar. If I purchase the new kit it will only be to supplement the older kit for a diorama. Maybe I'll be able to catch one on overstock.com for $2.00 in a few years.

Wondering: The ROTJ AMT AT-AT has speeders and turrents right?

AND: It seems that I may have read that there may be some difference in the number of posable legs throughout the kit's re-issues? Anyone know anything about this?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back