The Amazing Spider-Man 2/Comic redesigned Costume

Well, the suit arrive a day early. The sewing is very well done, and I highly suggest using zentaizone if you are tight on money and need a quality Spider-Man suit. Although I also highly suggest making sure you adjust the sizing correctly. Mine feels a little small and is difficult to get in and out of because of this.
10617787_737354459644467_1604437470_n.jpgotherwise it's amazing.

Weird, they wouldn't let me use U-zippers they said they couldn't do that type of zipper.. but maybe that was because it was on a suit they already do.

Here are some better pictures. The way the suit was sewn is really impressive, notice how the belt actually lines up where the zipper is. On most other zentai suits I've seen, the belt is all askew.
10602870_737387152974531_1777822336_n.jpg10588619_737387112974535_2669584_n.jpg
And I got a free Deadpool mask
10609270_737387076307872_201561350_n.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to dye the inside of the suit to both enhance the colour and get rid of how white it gets when stretched. I have no idea what dyes to use for spandex, so I played it safe and got a really big fabric marker and tested it on the bottom of the foot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408304971.036389.jpg
It worked out fairly well, and I think the colour looks better where I applied the marker.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408304985.601970.jpg
I've got a lot of work to do
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408304993.485891.jpg

I decided to dye the inside of the suit to both enhance the colour and get rid of how white it gets when stretched. I have no idea what dyes to use for spandex, so I played it safe and got a really big fabric marker and tested it on the bottom of the foot.
View attachment 364471
It worked out fairly well, and I think the colour looks better where I applied the marker.
View attachment 364472
I've got a lot of work to do
View attachment 364473

Does leaving the marker in spots for various amounts of time effecting the shade on the back like one spot is a light red, then in another part a blackish red? If not I will do this too!

Does leaving the marker in spots for various amounts of time effecting the shade on the back like one spot is a light red, then in another part a blackish red? If not I will do this too!
The trick is to do long strokes and really overlap where you've already gone, really soak the cloth in the ink of the marker (something I need to work on with the blue on the legs), and if you do that there should be no patchy light/dark spots. There are some parts throughout the red and blue where the marker started to fade and left a lighter spot, but I can touch that up once I get a few more markers.

If you are asking if the markers effect the muscle shading, they do not.

The trick is to do long strokes and really overlap where you've already gone, really soak the cloth in the ink of the marker (something I need to work on with the blue on the legs), and if you do that there should be no patchy light/dark spots. There are some parts throughout the red and blue where the marker started to fade and left a lighter spot, but I can touch that up once I get a few more markers.

If you are asking if the markers effect the muscle shading, they do not.

Mostly to the point is that if I try it I don't wanna end up leaving a black looking spot leaving the red marker in an area for too long.

Just a warning to those wanting to try this: the only problem I'm having is colouring the blue. The felt tip starts to run a bit dry while colouring the large sections and leaves splotchy marks. I'm not that worried about it since it's mostly going to be covered in puff paint, and I could always go back over the blue if it bothers me too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had another thread about my face shell and lenses, but that was silly of me. So I'm just going to but updates on here instead.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408763098.293250.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408763108.217721.jpg
I feel like in pretty much done with the sculpt of the head. Let me know what you think, how I can improve it.
Mask test!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408763173.518591.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408763187.668745.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408763158.174112.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408763211.517383.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408763225.889692.jpg
What do you think of the size of the lenses? Too big? Too small? Oddly shaped?

Dude,the lenses look perfect! Are you gonna have the actual lenses flat on the suit like that, with that sewn on look? Don't get my wrong, I love the TASM2 plastic lenses, but there's just something about those "sewn onto the mask" eyes that make Spidey...Spidey! :D This is turning out great man! Kudos!

Dude,the lenses look perfect! Are you gonna have the actual lenses flat on the suit like that, with that sewn on look? Don't get my wrong, I love the TASM2 plastic lenses, but there's just something about those "sewn onto the mask" eyes that make Spidey...Spidey! :D This is turning out great man! Kudos!

Thanks for the compliments!
I'm going to sculpt the lenses and cast them in plastic like everybody else is doing.
Although I do like the idea of cloth lenses fitting to my eye shape like it does in the comics. An idea I'll keep in mind for future builds

Thanks for the compliments!
I'm going to sculpt the lenses and cast them in plastic like everybody else is doing.
Although I do like the idea of cloth lenses fitting to my eye shape like it does in the comics. An idea I'll keep in mind for future builds

Ah,well, either way man, you'll make this suit look swweeeeet! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back