The Abyss Cab One

Not to my knowledge, although our very own Rolando Guiterrez (Echoleader) did have a big passion for these mini's a while back i recall. He did go on a hiatus though, but i hope, one day he will come back and begin work on one of these, they are very killer cool.

lee

DaveG supervised the construction of the Abyss miniatures. Maybe we can convince him to produce a kit... I'll shoot him a PM to bring his attention to this thread.

Hey guys! Yes I was the modelshop supervisor for Dream Quest Images, the principle VFX facility on The Abyss. I have toyed around with the idea of doing replica kits of the Cab and Flatbed submersibles for awhile now. Maybe if there is enough interest...

be nice to see a kit of either of the subs. hell, a minature of the deepcore even better! oh geez my checkbook is giving me that evil look again.........

DaveG, I'd be interested in making the subs and the deepcore. Also the alien craft (I know they were odd ships and not too eye-catching without the light effects, but still interesting). If you the reference/memory (and I know you have the know-how) please PM me with what sort of interest ($) you'd need to make some models of these great pieces. I'd love to chat about the possibilities.

Clay

I would be very interested in models of either of the submersibles (i like flatbed more than cab one, but would take either) .

heck, i would be happy to just get enough photos and detailed measurements to make my own models. does anybody have any links?

Hey guys! Yes I was the modelshop supervisor for Dream Quest Images, the principle VFX facility on The Abyss. I have toyed around with the idea of doing replica kits of the Cab and Flatbed submersibles for awhile now. Maybe if there is enough interest...

any good hi-rez pics of the models or of the plans for them. id love to see them, or even purchase some plans.

I for one would love to see this built and the NTI Ark.

I find the NTI Ark to be very elaborate and the coolest part of the movie.

All the best!
Alex

I do have lots of photos of the models from the Abyss, I've just got to dig them up. And they are all slides, I beleive, so they need to be scanned. Not so sure about drawings, I think those are long gone. But I do have some original parts...

:confused

I am currently in the process of scanning my parents slide archive. Scanner does 16 slides per cycle. Dedicated PC for the project.

You likewise may already have the necessary equipment. And those images are - I'm sure - quite valuable.

But if you want help, just let me know.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back