TESB Despatch pod!

Gorgeous addition to your family Lee, lovely pic, yep she looks bored silly, just as my wife does some of the time, you get to know the look and then it's time to shut up and head on down to the bench lol!.

Love the pod pics, but isn't it funny how the color changes through the computer, you say black but pics say silver, but whatever color awesome work my friend, these pods are little gems!.

Hmm just laid down the basecoat on her. Bummer is i had to remix my custom blue/grey as id spent the last of it a while back and its come out a little more blue than id wanted......bowlox :lol
Ill get some pics up later and let you guys decide, i will say its come out very much akin to rustoleum blue that Allan used on his TIE's....so not the end of the world........man i thought i had the mix spot on....grrrr mind you, still much weathering to go on.
Running out of custom mixed paint......BLOWS lol.

lee

Ok well, here the pics in basecoat and a quick and simple mist weather.
From here ill just add the other markings and more intricate weather pattern....blue isnt too bad i guess, just a bit more BLUE than id wanted lol.
So we now have a fully accurate 8rad pod, part wise at least lol, thanks to the guys who helped me out on this ref wise, you know who you are, and im very, very happy you did so!

lee
TESBpods008-1.jpg

TESBpods004-1.jpg

TESBpods006-1.jpg

Lee in the first picture the mist coat really shows,
it totally sells the impression of almost slightly pitted
metal. Great effect especially on the top where
the light is hitting it direct!!! :love:thumbsup

Very clean build, Lee. The color is pretty hard to get, same dilemma as the TIEs. Much more of a light robin's egg blue in real life, at least, at the exhibits, anyway. Looks darker onscreen...

Hi
Loving these pod builds, inspired to build my own 223 version!
Could someone please confirm the part number for the Plastrut domes used to cover the turret holes?
Thanks

Crikey, this is going back lol, my original domes were too large, but i swapped them out for the correct size, memory is hazy, but i think VHE40 could be the ticket.....help :confused

lee

David, forgive me, i thought i read you wanted a 232.....no, the 223 uses a larger dome i think it was VHE150, but check in with Julien, or Allan to verify bro, as i said, my memory on part numbers is sucking :lol

lee

Lee & Julien,

Actually, I was not interested in the Pod.
However, any courage which is to make these models, is sharply increasing through your finished model.:)

thanks Eric.

David, forgive me, i thought i read you wanted a 232.....no, the 223 uses a larger dome i think it was VHE150, but check in with Julien, or Allan to verify bro, as i said, my memory on part numbers is sucking :lol

lee

Thanks Lee, i've asked on another thread also, see if someone can remember over there!
RH

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back