Terminator: Genisys

There was a big future war battle filmed, im eager to see how much is shown in the trailer as well as how much they will give away with the multi time travel stuff.

So disappointing. JC has no charisma, Reese is nothing like Reese, and the over-the-top stunts and self-referential dialogue are crummy even though we knew they were coming. "Come with me if you want to live" AND "I'll be back" in 60 seconds? Sigh.

So does Reese still wear the Nike Vandals??? Looks sorta cool to me, the young Arnie's lighting did look a bit playstation, i just hope to see a 1887 in at least one scene :cool

I do still like the idea! I just wish Hollywood wasn't so opposed to playing things a little straighter.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahah I just watched again and am counting the seconds til someone builds one of those "orange & teal" color timing GIFs out of it.

Calisi makes a good SC!

I hate all the casting but it's such a cool basic story idea that I'm still really hopeful. Even if it's a bad movie it'll be fun to imagine the good version for a few months. That's worth something these days. It's like how fun it was trying to imagine how cool Episode One was before it came out. The anticipation and speculation will probably be funner than the final movie.

Also, PURPLE LASERS! **** Yeah!

The EW spread had me cringing. The trailer looks amazing! It's cool that they're going to actually do something with time travel to reboot rather than just force it on us (like the soft reboot of Star Trek. It's nice to have the continuity).

But hey, other than the lame transplant, I liked Salvation. I REALLY liked TSCC. The only one I can't really do is T3. So I think as fans go, I may be less nitpicky than a person who's a HUGE Terminator fan.

The trailer looks like it's going to deliver what I want in a Terminator flick. I'm all in. Very excited now.

I wonder if they will pull the same trick as Sarah Connor Chronicles and have the team travel from 1984 to the present day via time travel?

I say this because there didnt look that many period 80s cars about, and there are two ages of Arnie present in the trailer (three if you count the original looking one).

This suggests to me that Arnie avoids the time travelling to the future with the other two, and takes the long way there.

So you go from old looking Arnie with medium black hair, to older Arnie with long grey hair.

Some shoddy CGI aside, I quite liked the trailer. But the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer music distracted me.

And I wish they kept the famous quotes for the movie, rather than throwing it away in the trailer.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back