Terminator experts, need your help

streetjudge79

Master Member
I'm looking to build a full mannequin of Arnold from T-2. Any ideas on where to find the correct clothing parts and grenade belt? I know the jacket and pants are from Bates leathers, but getting them from Bates is rediculously expensive.
Also anyone know of a good size mannequin to find for him?

Steve

Someone on Ebay is selling off their 25th anniversary edition T2 jacket right now ,you can look into that ,its sharp......mannequin ,cannot help you there unless ebay has that as well.......

Mannequin wise, "underarmor" ( the skin tight athletic clothing) make their own mannequins to display their clothing on in stores. They are a very good match for this if you can find one.

You won't find a Underarmor mannequin, I've been looking. And if you did some modification would be necessary. Limbs hacked, lipo in the butt! I've only seen one for sale and it was maybe 8-9 months ago on Ebay/craigslist. It sold for $250 on Ebay. I kinda wish I had bought it up. I do like Elm Studios approach but it is a bit time consuming. Tom Spina may have a suggest as he worked on two life size Terminator 2 statues. Bike and standing figure.

If you are going for a clean T2 figure I can get jackets. Basically I measured 2 real life jackets and use those measurements to have a jacket custom tailored for around $250.

But if you want the stage X damaged look, best jackets are the cheap thick leather jackets found on Ebay. Once in awhile a jacket with sidelaces pops up for under $100. They are nice to weather, rip up and have the right thickness/color that the Bates jacket have.

Lastly I make T2 grenade slings, about $175 each. They are very time consuming. I also have the grenades, depending on how many you need, and gloves $30 AND pants belt, also very time consuming, a steal at $75. I only have one belt at the moment and I'll probably ask $100 for the next belt. I don't think anyone else has ever offered the pants belt. The middle design on the belt is hand stitched and it has the correct, length, width and buckle (buckle is no longer made and costs $20 in itself).

I own a production made grenade sling and gloves so I got measurements from them. The gloves are nowhere to be found but I found some nearly identical. I've spent a considerable amount of time looking and researching Arnolds costume. I also took measurements from two T2 jackets as well as pants.

I'm also a PHD candidate in T2 props/costumes. :behave

Last edited:
Hey Steve,

For all my lifesizes, I have turned to two places:

NYC DISPLAY

NYC Display Male Mannequin Mannequins

and

ROXY DISPLAY

mannequins, mannequin, manequins, manequin, manekins, manekin, dressforms, dressform, dress forms, dress form, dress maker form, body forms, body form, jersey covered form, display showcase, showcases, showcase, jewelry showcases, glass showcases, ha

I think your best bet is to come up with the specs you trust for Arnie (see my thread I just bumped) and then pick a mannequin with the closest specs. You can always build out the mannequin with duck tape/ paper towel, apoxy sculpt, bondo, or paper machet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back